Minnesota Wild General Discussion XII

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014
Greenway's at an age where he doesn't comprehend how fast a career fly's by. Like Guerin I see him dominate play at times but that don't mean squat if you disappear for large portions of a game.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Guerin was a tough power forward who had a very good career. He knows precisely what Greenway needs to be doing, and it sounds like he thinks he isn't doing it so far. I agree. Greenway can be a gamechanging type of player, and an absolute physical mismatch/advantage for this team, but I have been very disappointed with his consistency. I thought he was near untouchable, his potential was so high, but there are too many nights where he is invisible.

I hope we don't overpay for Foligno, but I agree that he has some value. Something like 4x3.5M is probably his value. I can't forget that this is a team that tends to underperform in the playoffs, so I can't get too worked up about keeping players because of their supposed intangibles. I do believe in such things, but if Foligno's ( and Parise, and Koivu, and Kunin( Mr. Future Captain)and Zuccarello, and...) intangibles are so valuable, why can't we win a freaking playoff series?

Reactions: Nsjohnson

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I wonder if we could trade Foligno to Philadelphia for a 1st or a decent prospect like German Rubtsov. Fletcher loved the guy.

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
Guerin was a tough power forward who had a very good career. He knows precisely what Greenway needs to be doing, and it sounds like he thinks he isn't doing it so far. I agree. Greenway can be a gamechanging type of player, and an absolute physical mismatch/advantage for this team, but I have been very disappointed with his consistency. I thought he was near untouchable, his potential was so high, but there are too many nights where he is invisible.

I hope we don't overpay for Foligno, but I agree that he has some value. Something like 4x3.5M is probably his value. I can't forget that this is a team that tends to underperform in the playoffs, so I can't get too worked up about keeping players because of their supposed intangibles. I do believe in such things, but if Foligno's ( and Parise, and Koivu, and Kunin( Mr. Future Captain)and Zuccarello, and...) intangibles are so valuable, why can't we win a freaking playoff series?
You need some elite skilled talented players of which the Wild don't have accept Fiala.
Suter, Spurgeon and Brodin played very well and Dumba didn't do anything on back end
A hot goalie helps also !!!

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014
Because we just happen to suck enough that we can't beat other average teams.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
Wonder what Guerin's impression of Donato is?
"You know what I'll be honest, that's a tough one. We had a great talk the other day. It's a tough one because we've asked him to play a kind of role, and we took him out because we needed more speed. Nico gave the team that and i thought it worked well. I told Ryan flat out I don't have a great argument for why he doesn't get more ice time. He does have guys in front of him with Kevin's game getting to a different level. There were guys we pay a lot of money to produce and things like that so its tough"

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014
Donato is a titch below average, something we have enough of on this team. Just my opinion.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
"You know what I'll be honest, that's a tough one. We had a great talk the other day. It's a tough one because we've asked him to play a kind of role, and we took him out because we needed more speed. Nico gave the team that and i thought it worked well. I told Ryan flat out I don't have a great argument for why he doesn't get more ice time. He does have guys in front of him with Kevin's game getting to a different level. There were guys we pay a lot of money to produce and things like that so its tough"

Were these Guerin's words?

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017

Foligno is worth about half of that

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Translation- the kid obviously isn't going to play in front of Fiala and if we play him ahead of 11, Parise will piss and moan like a child.

Reactions: AKL

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

He doesn't have the hands/puck skills.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Verbatim. I typed it exactly as he said it during the podcast.

That's pretty bad. I mean you knew that kind of stuff was happening, but to hear a GM so bluntly speak about it. I wouldn't want to keep playing here if I were Donato.

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018
I wonder if NJ would do Donato + 9OA for 7OA. We get killed in value but I’d like to give Donato an opportunity to play top 9 mins

Reactions: AKL

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Donato might get you BUF's #8, IF they see two guys available that they really like after the #7 pick. I don't see him being much of a need for most teams. Who needs a Bottom six, one way, scoring LW who isn't fast, isn't young, and has little to no history of scoring in the NHL?

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013
Donato might get you BUF's #8, IF they see two guys available that they really like after the #7 pick. I don't see him being much of a need for most teams. Who needs a Bottom six, one way, scoring LW who isn't fast, isn't young, and has little to no history of scoring in the NHL?
He's 24 yrs old at 1.9 per year ..... that's old ?????

32 yr old Zuccarelo making 6 million a year for the next 4 years
35 yr old Parise making 7.5 million a year for next 5 years
Add Suter 35 yrs old 5 yrs / 7.5 and Spurgeon 31 yrs old 7 yrs / 7.5

Those are OLD and HORRIBLE contracts

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
Also on Guerin’s podcast, he confirmed that Brackett gets final say on the picks

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
He's 24 yrs old at 1.9 per year ..... that's old ?????

32 yr old Zuccarelo making 6 million a year for the next 4 years
35 yr old Parise making 7.5 million a year for next 5 years
Add Suter 35 yrs old 5 yrs / 7.5 and Spurgeon 31 yrs old 7 yrs / 7.5

Those are OLD and HORRIBLE contracts

He didn't say he was old. He said he's not young. I'd suspect most people don't consider 24 to be young in the NHL.

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver

If true, probably a main reason they wanted to keep #15. Would probably be included in any trade for him.

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
I wonder if NJ would do Donato + 9OA for 7OA. We get killed in value but I’d like to give Donato an opportunity to play top 9 mins

How do we get killed on value? Moving up from 9th to 7th is a 2nd round pick. Donato hasn't been able to make it on the roster, would be on this third team, has shown to have attitude problems and is just one of those players. Rather have a 2nd over Donato.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
How do we get killed on value? Moving up from 9th to 7th is a 2nd round pick. Donato hasn't been able to make it on the roster, would be on this third team, has shown to have attitude problems and is just one of those players. Rather have a 2nd over Donato.
A 2nd rounder is just some random value that a fan on the main boards put on moving up 2 spots and Donato is worth more than that anyways. He doesn’t have attitude issues.

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014
Foligno is worth about half of that

About half that? He hustles, opposing players have to have their heads on a swivel when he's out on the ice, he's an okay PK'er, will drop the gloves when needed plus he's kind of fun to watch, to me anyway. I feel a bit weird defending him but who else on the team can do that? They are needed aspects of the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad