Minnesota Wild General Discussion VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Huh? Last time they played together was 2014-15. Greenway scored 43 points in 53 games. Kunin scored 42 in 61. Maybe Kunin ends up the more rounded, but Greenway continues to put distance between them.

You guys all need to stop complaining that Greenway isn't the AHL - he's earned his spot by being good.
In that same season Kunin scored 18 more goals than Greenway. What’s that thing this team needs again... a goal scorer?

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Skill and talent, in whatever form it comes.
Kunin has more of both. I wouldn’t call having size a skill or talent. It’s a tool, now we wait to see if Greenway has the toolbox. If I had to attribute a player comparable on the Wild for each it would be:
Kunin - a goal scoring version of Granlund. He’s not fast. He’s not big. But the offensive and defensive prowess are there and it might take a little bit of time for it to show.

Greenway - better playmaking Coyle. He’s big. Average speed. Can play center but is better at winger. Started in the NHL right away.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Kunin has more of both. I wouldn’t call having size a skill or talent. It’s a tool, now we wait to see if Greenway has the toolbox. If I had to attribute a player comparable on the Wild for each it would be:
Kunin - a goal scoring version of Granlund. He’s not fast. He’s not big. But the offensive and defensive prowess are there and it might take a little bit of time for it to show.

Greenway - better playmaking Coyle. He’s big. Average speed. Can play center but is better at winger. Started in the NHL right away.
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Kunin doesn't have anywhere close to the puck skills required to be compared to Granlund. I thought you watched the Badgers play?

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
:laugh::laugh::laugh:
Kunin doesn't have anywhere close to the puck skills required to be compared to Granlund. I thought you watched the Badgers play?
Who would be the comparable then? Zucker is way faster than Kunin. Staal and Koivu and are both way bigger. Definitely not Coyle. Maybe a smaller and probably better Nino?

I’ve seen plenty enough of him that I know he’s going to be a good player in this league. I seriously question it with Greenway.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Who would be the comparable then? Zucker is way faster than Kunin. Staal and Koivu and are both way bigger. Definitely not Coyle. Maybe a smaller and probably better Nino?

I’ve seen plenty enough of him that I know he’s going to be a good player in this league. I seriously question it with Greenway.
Kunin is a right handed Parise with a better shot but a lot less hockey sense. If he gets smarter he will be a very good top 6 winger. If he doesn't, he won't. He doesn't have the size or the speed to get by in the NHL without being smarter.

Greenway has the size and the speed to be able to hold his own in the NHL while he figures it all out.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Kunin is a right handed Parise with a better shot but a lot less hockey sense. If he gets smarter he will be a very good top 6 winger. If he doesn't, he won't. He doesn't have the size or the speed to get by in the NHL without being smarter.

Greenway has the size and the speed to be able to hold his own in the NHL while he figures it all out.
Haha, that’s a good one.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
About who knows more about the Wild? You already lost bud. Years ago
Are you a teenager? My god. Let’s make an avatar bet on who has the more productive next 5 years between Kunin and Greenway.
Just a touch closer than "a goal scoring Granlund" :laugh:
I do think it’s funny that Parise has been more productive than Granlund and you go for that comparison. I’ve hated the Parise comparison since the first time it was brought up. Parise is actually a fast skater and he gets a lot of garbage goals. Kunin has mediocre speed and is more known for his one timer than anything else.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Though I think we forget just how good prime Parise was.
Yeah, I doubt Kunin ever reaches the level that Parise did, or even the level he's currently at. But, they do play a similar game.

FTR- I am not in any way saying that Kunin can't/won't be a better player than Greenway. I'm just laughing at someone claiming that it's already a fact and a guarantee to continue.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Are you a teenager? My god. Let’s make an avatar bet on who has the more productive next 5 years between Kunin and Greenway.

I do think it’s funny that Parise has been more productive than Granlund and you go for that comparison. I’ve hated the Parise comparison since the first time it was brought up. Parise is actually a fast skater and he gets a lot of garbage goals. Kunin has mediocre speed and is more known for his one timer than anything else.
That's because you don't actually understand what is being discussed. The fact that you think Parise is fast just further proves it.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Yeah, I doubt Kunin ever reaches the level that Parise did, or even the level he's currently at. But, they do play a similar game.

FTR- I am not in any way saying that Kunin can't/won't be a better player than Greenway. I'm just laughing at someone claiming that it's already a fact and a guarantee to continue.
It is a fact based off of comparable years.
16-17:
Kunin 35gp 22g 16a 38pts
Greenway 37gp 10g 21a 31pts

17-18 (not comparable):
Kunin was in the AHL
Greenway was in college

NHL games (small samples)
Kunin 19gp 2g 2a 4pts
Greenway 14gp 0g 2a 2pts
That's because you don't actually understand what is being discussed. The fact that you think Parise is fast just further proves it.
With his motor? He ain’t slow. Kunin isn’t like him at all.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
It is a fact based off of comparable years.
16-17:
Kunin 35gp 22g 16a 38pts
Greenway 37gp 10g 21a 31pts

17-18 (not comparable):
Kunin was in the AHL
Greenway was in college

NHL games (small samples)
Kunin 19gp 2g 2a 4pts
Greenway 14gp 0g 2a 2pts

With his motor? He ain’t slow. Kunin isn’t like him at all.
Motor? You can't even get your cliches right. "motor" has nothing to do with speed.

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
Over to something completely different.

When do you think the original Wild jerseys will be back? Seems like it's very popular for teams to start using their old jerseys again.

The goaliegear is getting very late 90's/early 00's as well. Lots of colors and patterns on the pads etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad