Minnesota Wild General Discussion Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Never will forget that one. Back in the days were the fans used to think of Vancouver as Minnesota's most hated rival.
At the time they were. They were a good team that played very dirty hockey with very dirty players. Cooke and Burrows were about as cheap as hockey players come.

Reactions: a79krgm

dBoon

Sep 28, 2004
GlitteringCalmGuillemot-size_restricted.gif

Sedin was the worst - just watch him with the cheap shots to Marchand's fist with his face.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Interesting that Peter chiarelli gave PJ Fenton a job as well before he came over.
Good call, I'd forgotten about that. Seems to be how these things go.

Apparently Mike covered Ontario for the Bruins from 2007-2015, and I'd assume he did the same for Edmonton from 2015-2019. Not sure if there are any conclusions to draw from those teams' OHL drafting over those periods or not. Looking at the lists, nothing jumps out as a red flag or anything.

MNRube

Oct 20, 2013
I am very excited to see what Eriksson Ek does this year. With Koivu out and Staal declining and only Rask/Sturm behind him, he should have good wingers next to him and plenty of ice time. I think its very possible he makes a big jump. Would be huge for the retool if he can be a solid middle 6 C long-term.

Reactions: CROCODILE SEATS
Apr 4, 2015
Minneapolis
I am very excited to see what Eriksson Ek does this year. With Koivu out and Staal declining and only Rask/Sturm behind him, he should have good wingers next to him and plenty of ice time. I think its very possible he makes a big jump. Would be huge for the retool if he can be a solid middle 6 C long-term.
Agreed. Think he catches too much hate on this board, still very young, and as I mentioned previously he puts himself in position to score a bunch. Just needs to develop that finishing touch.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I think you can pretty easily call into question whether they were the best scouts available or if this was a quid pro quo situation.
Quid pro quo to who? What do you know about David or Mike to make you say that you can easily question anything?

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I think you can pretty easily call into question whether they were the best scouts available or if this was a quid pro quo situation.
How can ANYONE on these boards know enough about their ability to scout players one way or another unless they know them personally?

Doubt we'll ever know how good or bad they are, even after years of being with the team since they are two of many scouts for the team. Their impact within the department will be buried amongst several others, and voice no more apparent than any of the rest.

Reactions: Wild11MN

Spurgeon

Nov 25, 2014
MinneSNOWta
Quid pro quo to who? What do you know about David or Mike to make you say that you can easily question anything?

I think you can easily call into question the fact that you nor none of us have any idea who is who in the scouting world and you're *****ing based on who his dad/uncle is.....

Fenton's son was a scout under Chiarelli in Edmonton. Hiring Chia's brother and nephew doesn't seem connected to you guys whatsoever? I don't know how any of this wouldn't raise suspicions.

How can ANYONE on these boards know enough about their ability to scout players one way or another unless they know them personally?

Doubt we'll ever know how good or bad they are, even after years of being with the team since they are two of many scouts for the team. Their impact within the department will be buried amongst several others, and voice no more apparent than any of the rest.

You can't know anything for certain. I'm just not a fan of bringing in people on the basis of returning a favor, which is something that could be reasonably argued. Obviously they could be signed based on their merits and abilities, but you'd be willfully ignorant to ignore the family connections.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad