Minnesota Wild General Discussion IX

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wabit

May 23, 2016
this is sarcasm right? the all star game is the same as NFLs pro bowl. meaningless....

Probably more meaningless. Lots of NFL players have bonuses attacked to their contracts for making the probowl. All these allstar games are just dog and pony shows. MLB at least matters a little because the winner gets home field for their world series team.

Reactions: DeagleJenkins

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
I love how you guys all deliberately skipped over the quote:

leads the NHL in games played and shutouts, ranks second in wins and T-2nd in GAA and SV% (min. 175 games). Dubnyk was awarded the NHL's 2015 Bill Masterton Memorial Trophy for perseverance, sportsmanship and dedication to hockey, was named to the NHL's Second All-Star Team and finished third in Vezina Trophy voting and fourth in Hart Trophy voting.

And considering we pay him about middle-of-the-pack in salary, I'd say he's a decent goalie for the value.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
Goalies are all nuts...even the very greatest are streaky. Some fall off tremendously, some are more consistent. Some come on the scene and win the Cup in their rookie season. Still yet, we might never hear from a great many of them ever again. It's the nature of hte position. Dubnyk has been above satisfactory in my estimation. The men in front of him are the ones who have failed him.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
The men in front of him are the reason for his three all star selections and those stats in the snippet you quoted that year. A legitimately good goalie would have had better numbers playing behind this defense. This is one of the top defensive units in the league and in some regards they’re number one and it’s not particularly close.

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
The men in front of him are the reason for his three all star selections and those stats in the snippet you quoted that year. A legitimately good goalie would have had better numbers playing behind this defense. This is one of the top defensive units in the league and in some regards they’re number one and it’s not particularly close.
BS. If it was Stalock in nets the last 4 years, I can assure he wouldn't have those statistics.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
BS. If it was Stalock in nets the last 4 years, I can assure he wouldn't have those statistics.

Nobody is claiming that Stalock is legitimately good.

Dubnyk has very good raw numbers in his time here, but there really should be no denying that our team has made it easier on him than other teams do for their goalies. Once you get into all the 'expected' goal stats, he drops down.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Stalock is not what I would classify as “a legitimately good goaltender”

Northerner

Feb 23, 2017
Dubnyk has been a great value. If you don't agree, fine...agree to disagree.

IMO he is the least of this team's problems currently.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Dubnyk has been a great value. If you don't agree, fine...agree to disagree.

IMO he is the least of this team's problems currently.

You're moving the goal posts a bit.

Dubnyk has at times (early in his contract) been roughly average, and got great results out of it due to the defensive foundation in front of him.

For the past 1.5- 2 years, he has been mostly below average, and the team in front of him has lifted his play to roughly average.

For much of the past year, he's been flat out terrible, and no team no matter how elite the defensive is can make up for that.

He's started this year year continuing that downward trend of play.

If you want the Wild to win games, his play is absolutely the most concerning thing about the first 5 games of the season. Even more than the Wild's impotent forwards being unable to get it up.

If you want the Wild to tank, Dubnyk appears to be doing his best to accommodate.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
Dubnyk is average. I love it. I guess selection to All Star game 3 out of 4 seasons is average. On some planet somewhere.

Dubnyk named to 2019 NHL All-Star Game

Hahaha
All-star appearances don't mean much when few others are even a consideration from your roster. The league likes to get one player from each team if they can... often times players get the invite who don't deserve it.

Dubs didn't deserve it last year, the only player that would have was Dumba, but he was injured. Just like Filip Kuba didn't deserve it in 2004, but since we were hosting, the league felt that us having only a goaltender in Roloson who earned his spot wasn't enough for the home crowd, Kuba got the courtesy invite.

Reactions: AJ Thelen

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
All-star appearances don't mean much when few others are even a consideration from your roster. The league likes to get one player from each team if they can... often times players get the invite who don't deserve it.

Dubs didn't deserve it last year, the only player that would have was Dumba, but he was injured. Just like Filip Kuba didn't deserve it in 2004, but since we were hosting, the league felt that us having only a goaltender in Roloson who earned his spot wasn't enough for the home crowd, Kuba got the courtesy invite.
It's actually a rule now to have at least one guy from every team.

Reactions: TaLoN

Grover

Jul 8, 2012
Minnesota
Does anyone on these forums really trust Dubnyk for a playoff series?? We have to start taking account our own people

Grover

Jul 8, 2012
Minnesota
I have no idea where you've gotten the impression that Dubnyk is somehow "one of us."
Dubynk has gotten us shit... Pure shit..and that's not me saying it... its stats saying it,,

all I want is us to embrace the f***ing rebuild... it's what we've needed forever

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
Dubynk has gotten us ****... Pure ****..and that's not me saying it... its stats saying it,,

all I want is us to embrace the ****ing rebuild... it's what we've needed forever
Most people here don't think he's very good, so I don't know what you're talking about.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad