GDT: Minnesota Wild @ Edmonton Oilers | 8:30PM CST | FSN, FSWI

Status
Not open for further replies.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
This was a huge win in that we proved we can go on the road and get some points. Honestly, even when Edmonton scored first I knew we'd tie it up.

Our first period was bad but what happened was we got better as the game moved along. Good, or a better team than their opponent will find a way to win, will find a way to get better as the game moves along in order to secure a victory and that's precisely what we did last night.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I thought Suter played his best game of the season, and maybe Brodin as well. Brodin's stickwork and patience under pressure was off the charts.

I was impressed by the way JB came back and played well after getted pasted into the end board by Eager. He's seems pretty tough for a kid who probably is at least 25 lbs below where his optimum playing weight will be when he hits his mid-20's...

Billy Mays Here*

According to NHL.com's 3 Star of the Night Cullen had one goal and two assists. No respect.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
Yes, I feel like we are really gelling or at least starting to at the moment, especially those 2nd and 3rd lines. Our defense with Suter and Brodin leading the way, is looking good too. I feel like our chemistry is starting to click. If we could get some points tomorrow night, that would also prove the chemistry is not just a fluke and we really are making some progress.

tomgilbertfan

#WhyBother
Jun 22, 2008
Minnesota
I thought Suter played his best game of the season, and maybe Brodin as well. Brodin's stickwork and patience under pressure was off the charts.

I was impressed by the way JB came back and played well after getted pasted into the end board by Eager. He's seems pretty tough for a kid who probably is at least 25 lbs below where his optimum playing weight will be when he hits his mid-20's...

Suter's had a great stretch of games recently.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
We are starting to gel. I still want wins against Vancouver though. Keep in mind, we don't need to win them all....just need to win them all against the Division. I'll take #3 and play the #6 seed any day of the week.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
What impresses me the most about this victory is that we did it without that first line essentially. I am trying to think about how many times Parise and Koivu were actually involved in serious threats and there's not many times even if neither of them actually had a bad game. Heatley hit that post once, I think, otherwise he was a non-factor too.

We did this with our second line really leading the charge and that was so nice to see.

Also getting lost is the game Backs had. He really does own the Oilers.

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
We are starting to gel. I still want wins against Vancouver though. Keep in mind, we don't need to win them all....just need to win them all against the Division. I'll take #3 and play the #6 seed any day of the week.

Agreed. Yes, we haven't found a way yet to play against a Vancouver and have a true shot at winning the game. I think that's going to come with a little more time. You could even see the improvement in the second game we played them. Maybe third time's the charm and that game will be a nice measuring stick proving we are certainly evolving to a point where we can play anyone and always have a very good chance to win.

bishop12

Ovyously
Dec 1, 2006
I get seniority in the NHL, but having PMB over Zucker on the PP is laughable.

Start guys with quick feet who make **** happen. Not slugs.

Heatley looks like he's skating in sand.

Uberdachen

Posts Last 5 Minutes
Sep 5, 2012
Pants.
Cleaner?

Wild still act like tween girls who just heard a horror story from an older girl, they're so afraid of first periods. I'm going to start fast forwarding through the first 20 minutes the same as I've been doing with power plays.

It's nice to see some life out of the second line. Cullen and Mini-Bees have been on fire lately. It's going to be exciting someday when the first line and second line both show up to the same whole, first-period-included, game. Are You There Goals? It's Me, Minnesota.

Suter has been solid a lot longer than most people seem to want to acknowledge. He just does it so well, it doesn't even seem like he's necessarily playing well. Does that make sense? Probably not. Oh well. I'm distracted by trying to figure out that trick where Harry Brodini makes the puck disappear off enemy sticks and reappear up the ice in temporary Wild control.

In typical fashion, that shot on Clutterbuck goes thigh and why'd he what the HEY NOW. If only he could have stayed with that theme and been cleared but not out.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Wild still act like tween girls who just heard a horror story from an older girl, they're so afraid of first periods. I'm going to start fast forwarding through the first 20 minutes the same as I've been doing with power plays.

It's nice to see some life out of the second line. Cullen and Mini-Bees have been on fire lately. It's going to be exciting someday when the first line and second line both show up to the same whole, first-period-included, game. Are You There Goals? It's Me, Minnesota.

Suter has been solid a lot longer than most people seem to want to acknowledge. He just does it so well, it doesn't even seem like he's necessarily playing well. Does that make sense? Probably not. Oh well. I'm distracted by trying to figure out that trick where Harry Brodini makes the puck disappear off enemy sticks and reappear up the ice in temporary Wild control.

In typical fashion, that shot on Clutterbuck goes thigh and why'd he what the HEY NOW. If only he could have stayed with that theme and been cleared but not out.

YES!!!! Brodin is very "Houdini-like" when it comes to his play in the defensive zone. So calm, so poised, ability to escape with the puck when under pressure,...

Jonas Brodini!!! :nod:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad