GDT: Minnesota Wild @ Edmonton Oilers | 8:30PM CST | FSN, FSWI

Status
Not open for further replies.

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
It said this:
It took longer to drive to the airport in Edm then the flight to Calgary. Did I mention edm is a s... Hole.

I legit fell asleep after that first period. This is the first game I've ever completely missed lol.

But IIRC, I think the reason Larsson got injured in the AHL was a hit by Hall that also got him ejected from that game. It was either Larsson or Granlund.

Eagle Claw

Jan 25, 2013
Finland

So hall basically says i could have "concussed clutter" , i was actually merciful and i touched with my hip WTF??? The kid didnt even look at the puck! it was a full scale assault not a normal situation inside the game

This kid needs to get spanked badly he's so immature that is baffling

It's nice the more **** Hall sterns the more it will hit back later

The most joyful is eddy are still **** they are faster ,stacked with talent but still really week on Defense

With that D they are not a playoff team

Eagle Claw

Jan 25, 2013
Finland
Hall attack was a try to mess with wild's heads it didnt work they didn't throw
their toys out and therefore won the game comfortably

Mikael ""dentist"" granlund might need to sharpen he's stick for the next eddy game he's shaped nugent hopkins teeth already i think hall would be a nice candidate to be next inline

Last edited:

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
Just watched the game.

That second line was awesome. Sure Oilers were super bad defensively but anyway. What a wrister by Cullen. Also, great to see the defensemen joining the offense. Loved it how he carried the puck up so the forwards could take different spots in the o-zone.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012

651*

He called EDM a s--- hole

I wonder if there's a legitimate reason that Heatley didn't want to go to Edmonton. I mean, I've heard good things about it but of course any area or city will have underlying things about it that the non-natives aren't aware of.

forthewild

Aug 17, 2009
I wonder if there's a legitimate reason that Heatley didn't want to go to Edmonton. I mean, I've heard good things about it but of course any area or city will have underlying things about it that the non-natives aren't aware of.

He didn't want to waste his twilight years in that organization, they were going nowhere and were going to give up a lot to get him making them even worse.

matt55014

Jan 31, 2013
Central MN
Good second and third periods by the Wild offense. The defense played very well the entire games with the exceptions of Stoner and a couple poor shifts by Prosser.

As others have mentioned, Suter looked very good. I really liked how he brought the puck all the way into the offensive zone a few times. Our forwards have a hard time doing that sometimes.

Cullen had a superb game...nice to see the secondary scoring.

Edmonton is gonna struggle until they get some Suter-type D-men or D-man. The kids are very gifted offensively but don't get to use it very often because they have to play too much in their own zone due to the bad D.

Didn't like the way our team was getting run all game with no repercussions to the Oil. Prosser, Brodin, and then the Hall hit on Clutter. I wish Rupp or some big body could have laid some big clean hits early on in the game on some of the kid players. Set a different tone.

Not gonna complain too much since the Wild struggle on the road so bad. Nice to get the win. Just my two cents on the game.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Ha! He deleted the Tweet, but it was a picture of Eddy's crap visitor's room. Stalls crammed together with low plumbing.

There's this beauty too:

stop living in the 80"s you guys get the first pick every year for your info that means your the worst team in the league

Love it.

Dude's put in 25 years and an EQM though, he's earned some free speech.

tyratoku

May 28, 2010
MN
Reading TSN's comment section on the game last night. Some hilarious gems:

Clutterbuck is as dirty as they come. His attempt to injure Hall backfired. Hope Shanny gives him less quarter than the confused refs did.
I guess thats he only way the Minnesota Wild can win a a game is by trapping the other team at the blue line. witch I think it's a cheap way to play the game at this type of a league.Why can they play like the other 29 other teams by going to the net and getting more then just 2 goals a game and maybe they can go into the playoffs the right way not the cheap way.
If Hall gets anything more I'll puke. The concusion master (Hemsky has left the game many times after a Clutterbuck elbow to Hemsky head more times than I can count in the last 5 years)1 second before Hall hit him Clutter had the puck on his skate. If Hall would have even gotten a interference penalty I would puke again. How many times in any game with any 2 teams have we seen a player pass the puck off and 1-2-3 seconds later get checked into the boards. 111 you are too funny. We all know you are not what you say you are but carry on, it gives us all a good chuckle. Not much different than a Panuff open ice hit to someone with their head down. But Oil haters bring it on. Oh and the Oil have really been sissing me off with their play lately. Hall should have bit his finger I guess.

So damn bitter :laugh: Some people.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Quick thoughts on the game:

Top line buzzed a lot but good lord Heatley is a disaster in his end. He chips the puck off the glass more than Willie Mitchell did. His poor skating really hurts the team in transition. Good work by Parise and Koivu, who had a few nice shots as well.

Second line obviously was big, but the thing was they were scoring off the rush, which has just not happened this year. Two goals for Cullen off the rush and a pipe which led to the possession where Seto scored. And of course last game Zucker scored off his rush. That's great. That's exactly what the Wild need, a line that can move up the ice with speed and score.

Third line was very good tonight because Brodz and Clutter played very well. Brodz had maybe his best game where he was controlling the puck and starting to play a little bit of offensive game. Clutter had tons of opportunities and needs to get a smaller curve or cut the stick down or something because you're never going to score when you miss 3/4 of the shots you take. Butch was okay, not great.

Fourth line was invisible, as I said elsewhere Granlund didn't do much outside of turn the puck over horrendously on a PP. The line played fairly well defensively though, not a lot of minutes. Rupp and Mitchell had a couple nice forechecks.

Defense was kind of mixed up tonight, did Yeo shorten the bench and put Stoner and Prosser on a leash? Good idea IMO.

Brodin and Suter played excellent. I hope when the goals start for Brodin they don't stop. Would love to see Lidstrom 2.0 turn into an offensive machine as well. Suter did great as always with the puck but also stepped up and played a bit more physical.

Gilbert was kind of invisible for me, didn't stand out. Stoner was ROUGH. Suicide passes and turnovers galore. Defensively I thought he was okay, although sometimes he looks like he has no idea where he should be.

Spurgeon I thought was very good in the offensive zone and did see a couple mistakes defensively but hopefully he's getting better? He's been rough since coming back from injury. Anyways he is willing to shoot the puck and will step up with it on the PP, exactly what the Wild need. Prosser got blown up a couple times but didn't notice him much.

Backstrom, well I'm terrible at judging goalies outside of when they nearly pitch shutouts but he looked fine to me. He looks more aggressive this year but he wasn't quite as bad as a month ago when he was flying out of the crease.

As a whole I'm still seeing two problems with the team in their end which is hurting them:

1. The whole team gets sucked down too low in their end. The wingers are way too deep which gives the other team about 10' of room (which is like a football field for NHL'ers) to work the puck. It also hurts the breakout, as all the players are deep and facing the wrong way...when they do get the puck, because they are so bunched up, there's nobody to pass to, so it's either chip out of the zone along the boards or if the other team is tired and off for a change they can skate it out. We clearly have more talent on D and up front in terms of carrying the puck (I've seen a lot of good puck movement this year), but the positioning does not put them in a good place to succeed.

2. This zone coverage bit leaves gaps in coverage frequently. I will see plays where say the other team is cycling the puck out of the corner and carries the puck out and the Wild checker just abandons his man to go somewhere else. Flat out leaves the puck carrier. Why? There's no benefit to this. If there's a gap in coverage, someone else should fill it. You don't give the puck carrier that much space. They are better about picking up open bodies, but it still seems like it could lead to mistakes and goals.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
i sure hope big buck is alright. blank hall! congrats to cully's big nite, ? is where has that been for the last 2 years? my guess is he either wants to stay in minny or hes excited about going to the pens, you tell me. great road win! 2 points baby!

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
I made the mistake of wondering over to Eklund's site and read the blog by Richard Cloutier (Oilers Blogger). What a ******...

Here's a taste:

I'm in a bad mood. Why? Because this Oilers team should be beating everyone this season. The Wild? The Mild. This should be a 6-3 win for the Oilers. Every single time.

I hate it when so-so players get in the way of much more talented and interesting players

Blog

jedisports

Jul 4, 2012
That writer's a moron.

The Wild are steps above Edmonton. We are not at an elite level (not even close) but we are certainly above average whereas his club is lucky to be considered average.

DANOZ28

May 22, 2012
nearest bar MN
muck, the oil have 2 b frustrated i think they said our record since the last lockout against the oil is like over 30-12-4 (something close) just crazy unbelievable. i would be losing my mind 2 if i were an oil fan (which im not).

MNWILDFAN001

Jul 2, 2010
Minnesota
Good win, glad it wasn't a 3 point night. I like that we've scored 3 goals our last 3 games. Hopefully it continues. Wild had a slow start. But Edmonton didn't capitalize on any chances so it wasn't a big issue. I think we need to pick up the physical play. There's too much waving of the stick at an opponent with the pick. Need to start throwing the body around. Still can't wait to get Heatley off the team. All he is good for standing in front of the net and waiting for Parise and Koivu to get him the puck. Hopefully Clutter will be okay. Good night by Cullen, he was flying all over the ice. I kind of like the Seto Cullen Zucker line. The line has speed and they can all score. Certainly don't expect Cullen to get 2 goals every night. But he has a good shot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad