Online Series: Mindhunter (Netflix)

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
Excellent show, watched it all within a few days.

Actually took me friggin 8 episodes to realize that the main character wasn't played by Dennis from It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. I had just accepted that it was Glen Howerton, and at some point figured something was off.

Would like to see what they could do in season 2 with Charles Manson though, put his charisma on the table given how much Holden Ford has been enamoured by previous people.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I just started watching this show last night on Netflix, as it was partially shot around where I live, one of the scenes was shot on a street that I visit at least 2-3 times a week.

I really love this show so far, the dialogue is really good, there's not a ton of "action", per se, but the story moves along very well, in my opinion. As someone who studies Psychology and works in the field of Behavioral Science I find a lot of the subject matter to be damn interesting.

Edit: Crap, sorry mods, I should have searched BEFORE I posted, I see that there's already a Mindhunter thread. Sorry about that :(

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I just started watching this show last night on Netflix, as it was partially shot around where I live, one of the scenes was shot on a street that I visit at least 2-3 times a week.

I really love this show so far, the dialogue is really good, there's not a ton of "action", per se, but the story moves along very well, in my opinion. As someone who studies Psychology and works in the field of Behavioral Science I find a lot of the subject matter to be damn interesting.

Edit: Crap, sorry mods, I should have searched BEFORE I posted, I see that there's already a Mindhunter thread. Sorry about that :(

Hey man, I forgive you.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
I'm on episode 4 right now, my girlfriend was meant to watch it with me, but she fell asleep halfway through the first episode, and I'm not so sure that I can wait until she catches up to finish the season... It's got me hooked!

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Just finished this show (although it was on my wishlist since it was accounced). Really dug it, as most of you have pointed out, Britton killed it. I was really curious as to where they were going with the cat/Carr storyline so that's nice to get a potential reason behind it. Also, I thought they were going to go with an angle where Holden becomes a serial killer, at least I wouldn't be surprised if they explore that option at some point in the story.

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
Just finished this show (although it was on my wishlist since it was accounced). Really dug it, as most of you have pointed out, Britton killed it. I was really curious as to where they were going with the cat/Carr storyline so that's nice to get a potential reason behind it. Also, I thought they were going to go with an angle where Holden becomes a serial killer, at least I wouldn't be surprised if they explore that option at some point in the story.

i almost think holden becoming a serial killer would be almost too easy of a way out

wouldnt be a fan of that honestly

The Moose

Mar 25, 2004
Edmonton
i almost think holden becoming a serial killer would be almost too easy of a way out

Yeah, way to cheesy and formulaic. Keep is cerebral as season 1, don't turn it into a run of the mill crime drama.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON

I'm pretty sure it's based on a real person(s) who has many more years of his career to go with many more cases they could explore.

The allusions to BTK were pretty obvious for the upcoming season.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006

Its based on the biography of a real life agent. Robert ressler and John Douglas. They both wrote multiple books

They aren’t serial killers in real life so that would be one heck of a twist

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016

You know it's a true story. Spoiler alert....Holden does not become a serial killer

Reactions: Randy Butternubs

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Just plowed through Season One in a few days

I could've done without the constant resistance from his boss. Seemed like they went to that well a few too many times

Really looking forward to Season Two

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad