Online Series: Mindhunter (Netflix)

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Looked like a skinny Jonah Hill.

I thought it might be this guy:

MV5BMjAwNTUxMTM4OF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNjUyNzc4Mg@@._V1_UY1200_CR108,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
I loved this season but I hated that the interview scenes took a backseat especially since Wendy’s romance arc and Tenchs son becoming a potential serial killer took up so much time
  • If the plan is for 5 seasons, great, but I hope Netflix doesn’t space them out so much. The amount of time it took to release season 2 was a momentum killer for the show. Netflix has to be aware of that.

I still have no idea what that was about either

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
I still have no idea what that was about either
Filming took place between April and December 2018 according to wiki, although I'm not sure why post production took so long. They've been slow to release follow up seasons on other shows such as Stranger Things as well. Maybe it's just the case of them having their hands full with so much on the go.

Burnoutboi

Jul 3, 2006
Grande Prairie, Alberta
Filming took place between April and December 2018 according to wiki, although I'm not sure why post production took so long. They've been slow to release follow up seasons on other shows such as Stranger Things as well. Maybe it's just the case of them having their hands full with so much on the go.

Meanwhile, Amazon Prime drops The Boys all at once and are already filming season 2. I think Netflix likes to wait to see what kind of response it’s programming receives before they commit to more.

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
Meanwhile, Amazon Prime drops The Boys all at once and are already filming season 2. I think Netflix likes to wait to see what kind of response it’s programming receives before they commit to more.

But at the same time they’re shooting theme elves in the foot, I know lots of people that completely forgot about Mindhunter until the Netflix notification

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
Mindhunter was renewed for a second season before the first had premiered.

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
3 episodes into Season 1. kinda mad at myself I didnt watch this sooner. so good. at least I can binge both seasons now

davemess

Apr 9, 2003
Scotland
Love that they doing such a slow burn intro for BTK.

Been a while since I read the book so I am struggling to remember which cases were covered in depth. The Green River case I believe was covered and the Robert Hansen (Alaska) definitely got deep look.

Will be interesting to see which big case forms the backbone of series 3.

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
Love that they doing such a slow burn intro for BTK.

Been a while since I read the book so I am struggling to remember which cases were covered in depth. The Green River case I believe was covered and the Robert Hansen (Alaska) definitely got deep look.

Will be interesting to see which big case forms the backbone of series 3.
What book are you talking about?

Hansen fits the timeline with him being captured in 1983, but Ridgeway was never caught until 2001.

Edit: I just looked up the Mindhunter book, it includes profiles on Wayne Williams, Kemper, Hansen and Larry Gene Bell.

Last edited:

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Did anyone else notice that Wayne Williams appeared briefly in episode 6?

He was posing a photographer when the press arrived on scene just as police were calling off the search for a body

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
Did anyone else notice that Wayne Williams appeared briefly in episode 6?

He was posing a photographer when the press arrived on scene just as police were calling off the search for a body
I didn't notice, but they did mention he photographed a crime scene using his Press credentials in a later episode.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
Just finished Season Two

I could've done without the story line involving Tench's wife and son. I literally couldn't have cared any less about either of them

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
on episode 3, dont like it as much but its still quality.

i like the characters they introduce but id rather just have the show focus on tench and ford as much as they can.

episode 3 drags on imo, the serial killers were veryyyy boring in this episode (i get that they are supposed to be, but still meh)

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
That story line is there to make you think about the question, are killers a product of nature or nurture?

I get why it was in there, but apart from not enjoying that story line, I also felt it took away from some of the realism of the show

I mean, what are the odds that 1 of the 2 founding members of the behavioral unit would have an adopted son with issues who just happens to take part in a murder?

The whole thing was just a little too on the mark

jasonleaffan

Dec 7, 2008
Toronto
I get why it was in there, but apart from not enjoying that story line, I also felt it took away from some of the realism of the show

I mean, what are the odds that 1 of the 2 founding members of the behavioral unit would have an adopted son with issues who just happens to take part in a murder?

The whole thing was just a little too on the mark
I understand your point, but I have a friend who's a recently retired police officer and his 16 year old son murdered someone last October. Anything can and will happen.

There was really no other character in the show they could have applied that storyline to. Maybe they're building up to something with the kid in future seasons.

Neutrinos

Sep 23, 2016
I understand your point, but I have a friend who's a recently retired police officer and his 16 year old son murdered someone last October. Anything can and will happen.

There was really no other character in the show they could have applied that storyline to. Maybe they're building up to something with the kid in future seasons.

They could've just had it been a friend of his son

izzy

go
Apr 29, 2012
Nova Scotia
its kind of a whacked concept that holden stumbles ass backwards into the atlanta missing children thing right before it really escalates to a crazy number

is there any truth to his real life counterpart doing that?

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
Haven’t watched Season 2 yet only because I know I’ll get nothing done until I finish it. The little mini trailer Netflix plays beforehand for it looks so damn good

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad