Proposal: Min/Ott

absolute garbage

Jan 22, 2006
I dont think Parise gives a shit what the fans think. If he wants to stay in Minnesota he has the right not to waive.
Maybe, but he probably cares about how strong the team is next season. I mean I'm sure Parise would like to win something right? And if by waiving his NMC the team can protect a player they want, then according to all logic his team would be better next season and he would have a better chance of winning.

Now you can argue whether it makes a difference to lose Greenway (Parise doesn't waive) vs Foligno (Parise waives). Don't think it matters that much to be honest.

But ultimately what it probably comes down to is Parise having the unflinching confidence and ego of a successful hockey player and 100% thinking that "of course they will pick me, I've always been picked", totally oblivious to the fact he's a 4th liner making 7.5M nowadays (a radioactive, unmovable asset).

In that case though, Wild fans can think that Parise not waiving protects Foligno. In any case, making big moves to protect these type of depth players would be very silly. If you can't get a good return for Dumba, just let them take one of the depth guys.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Maybe, but he probably cares about how strong the team is next season. I mean I'm sure Parise would like to win something right? And if by waiving his NMC the team can protect a player they want, then according to all logic his team would be better next season and he would have a better chance of winning.

Now you can argue whether it makes a difference to lose Greenway (Parise doesn't waive) vs Foligno (Parise waives). Don't think it matters that much to be honest.

But ultimately what it probably comes down to is Parise having the unflinching confidence and ego of a successful hockey player and 100% thinking that "of course they will pick me, I've always been picked", totally oblivious to the fact he's a 4th liner making 7.5M nowadays (a radioactive, unmovable asset).

In that case though, Wild fans can think that Parise not waiving protects Foligno. In any case, making big moves to protect these type of depth players would be very silly. If you can't get a good return for Dumba, just let them take one of the depth guys.

Greenway is only 23 and Foligno is about to be 30. It matters.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
It’s because dumba is black, shit like that goes around other people’s perceptions due to racism.

Except he's not Black. Not saying he might not have experienced racism, but your statement seems to be just kind of flung out there, as if it's the literal truth, rather than speculation on your part.

Anyway, Dumba is a popular guy both with the team, and the fans. he's kind of hard not to like. A real upbeat guy who loves life, but also has a good heart, and goes above and beyond when it comes to the community.

Reactions: Digitalbooya

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
couldnt the wild just say, "parise, waive or youre going to get bought out or ltir?" like ya we wont save that much in cap, but at this point what is he really bringing to the table that warrants a roster spot.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
[QUOTE="Imnotagoodposter, post: 176386092, member: 325575"]It’s because dumba is black, shit like that goes around other people’s perceptions due to racism.[/QUOTE]

uhhhhh dumba is filipino/german-romanian......

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
couldnt the wild just say, "parise, waive or youre going to get bought out or ltir?" like ya we wont save that much in cap, but at this point what is he really bringing to the table that warrants a roster spot.

If we just “put him on IR” and he maintains that he’s healthy, that’ll cause a lot more problems.

Reactions: HotDish

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
That's not how that works

you dont think a team has any legal say in this? even if they couldnt pressure him into it then they can definately buy him out, and i dont think theres any guarantee hed be offered a contract anywhere next year with how hes looked this year. so in a sense, there is indeed some leverage the wild have in this.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
you dont think a team has any legal say in this? even if they couldnt pressure him into it then they can definately buy him out, and i dont think theres any guarantee hed be offered a contract anywhere next year with how hes looked this year. so in a sense, there is indeed some leverage the wild have in this.

No, the team cannot force a player onto LTIR and we're in no position to buy him out.

GuerinUp

Aug 1, 2009
Columbia Heights, MN
No, the team cannot force a player onto LTIR and we're in no position to buy him out.

i didnt say force. can literally tell him hell be riding bench all year though because hes lost a step and cant keep up.

How are we not in any position to buy him out? hes playing bottom six, and can easily be replaced by a prospect, making the buyout a wash. all while creating the ability to protect both greenway and dumba

SensFactor

Oct 25, 2008
Ottawa
To Ott: Dumba

To Min: Brannstom

With the Seattle expansion draft Min needs to trade Dumba or lose him for nothing. If Min needs a rhd maybe Zub could work instead. Neither player needs to be protected and Ottawa has an extra spot to protect a dman.
Done. Where do I sign?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
i didnt say force. can literally tell him hell be riding bench all year though because hes lost a step and cant keep up.

How are we not in any position to buy him out? hes playing bottom six, and can easily be replaced by a prospect, making the buyout a wash. all while creating the ability to protect both greenway and dumba

You cannot blackmail a guy into LTIR. What you're talking about trying to twist his arm into is normal retirement.

Pinto is slated as our 2C for years to come. He's not going anywhere.

There's really not much else you can offer for Dumba then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad