Proposal: Min/Ott

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I'm not sure you're wrong, honestly. The whole world realizing that Parise is basically a $7.5m 4th-liner/healthy scratch is much different than he himself realizing that. I'm hoping that Guerin's the sort of guy that can be tactfully blunt about it, but if it requires some kind of odd arrangement with Seattle I'm not against it. Both Greenway and Dumba have been big contributors to the team's success this year and being forced into trading either would be much worse.
The only thing that Guerin needs to make clear to Parise is how the Minnesota fans will see him if he's the reason that the Wild have to lose a player like Dumba/Greenway.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
No deal, counter with Pinto+

Contrary to popular belief, we don't actually need to "trade him or lose him for nothing". There's a secret third option: protecting him.

Dealing very good NHL players for non roster prospects on draft+2 without contracts is not feasible.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'm not sure you're wrong, honestly. The whole world realizing that Parise is basically a $7.5m 4th-liner/healthy scratch is much different than he himself realizing that. I'm hoping that Guerin's the sort of guy that can be tactfully blunt about it, but if it requires some kind of odd arrangement with Seattle I'm not against it. Both Greenway and Dumba have been big contributors to the team's success this year and being forced into trading either would be much worse.
I get your point. If we have to send a 6th or 7th to Seattle (in addition to whatever player they pick)in order to reassure Parise that he won't be picked should he waive his NMC for the ED, then by all means, get it done, BG! The fact that he might be so delusional to think that he would be picked is a whole nother thing.

If Foligno keeps playing the way he is then I think that he will be snapped up at the ED, should Greenway be protected.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I get your point. If we have to send a 6th or 7th to Seattle (in addition to whatever player they pick)in order to reassure Parise that he won't be picked should he waive his NMC for the ED, then by all means, get it done, BG! The fact that he might be so delusional to think that he would be picked is a whole nother thing.

If Foligno keeps playing the way he is then I think that he will be snapped up at the ED, should Greenway be protected.
best possible scenario for the Wild

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison

Foligno, Soucy or Hartman would all be great pick-ups for a new team.

Reactions: G Backup and gwh

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Hartman doesn't have a contract after this year. As it stands now, I think Foligno would be picked over Soucy in an instant. Captain material. He would be missed in MN. I don't expect him to score at a .5 PPG, but he is valuable if he is scoring 25-30 points. You don't need many guys like him, but you need at least one, preferably 2 or 3.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
That would not be the case. It would be an off season trade. Dumba’s $6m would be replacing the expiring deals of Gudbranson ($4m), Reilly $1.5m) and Coburn ($1.7m).
There is no reason for MN to do an off season trade involving Dumba unless the value is far better than what has been presented here. He would only be traded because of the Seattle ED.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
The only thing that Guerin needs to make clear to Parise is how the Minnesota fans will see him if he's the reason that the Wild have to lose a player like Dumba/Greenway.

I dont think Parise gives a shit what the fans think. If he wants to stay in Minnesota he has the right not to waive.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
If he wants any kind of post-career goodwill here, he does.

I think fans overrate what their opinion means to most of these guys. And I doubt a few fans being pissed that he didn't waive for the expansion draft will carry any significance whatsoever in his life when he hangs up the skates.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I dont think Parise gives a shit what the fans think. If he wants to stay in Minnesota he has the right not to waive.

Might also rub some of the coaches, players or management the wrong way of you have the power to keep, say, Greenway in Minnesota, and refuse because "reasons".

Groo

May 11, 2013
surfingarippleofevil
PertinentGroundedAfricancivet-max-1mb.gif

Reactions: 57special

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I think fans overrate what their opinion means to most of these guys. And I doubt a few fans being pissed that he didn't waive for the expansion draft will carry any significance whatsoever in his life when he hangs up the skates.

I think that him getting boo'd at whatever thing that he and the team put together because neither can read the room would be a little awkward.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
The point is that him waiving doesn't really put him in any danger of leaving Minnesota. He is almost certainly here for the rest of his career and, as such, it's in his own best interest to help keep the roster as strong as possible.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020

Doesn't see foligno being exposed. I think a deal will be made to protect foligno or he's not going to get exposed at all. After signing extension, Guerin made comment wild don't plan to lose him.

Or wild do 7 & 3 & give something like Adam Beckham to Seattle to protect dumba

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Completely agree. Chances are Menell or Addison will be just fine in Dumba’s place. Plus they’re both younger and cost controlled instead of Dumba’s 6 mil

In one of the podcast, there was a comment wild are planning to wait until after expansion to sign him

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Doesn't see foligno being exposed. I think a deal will be made to protect foligno or he's not going to get exposed at all. After signing extension, Guerin made comment wild don't plan to lose him.

Or wild do 7 & 3 & give something like Adam Beckham to Seattle to protect dumba
I am relatively certain that Guerin's plan is to trade Dumba before the ED, I just think it's a stupid plan.

Reactions: KaprizovEntitlelist

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
The point is that him waiving doesn't really put him in any danger of leaving Minnesota. He is almost certainly here for the rest of his career and, as such, it's in his own best interest to help keep the roster as strong as possible.

Beyond just the talent, it's also going to be an awkward 4 years in the locker room with him wearing an 'A' after refusing to help the organization keep some of it's better players because "it's my NMC and I just don't want to waive it"

Reactions: Bazeek

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Shades of Phaneuf in Ottawa, when he refused to waive for the Vegas expansion draft.

It definitely happens. These long-term guys will use the benefits they negotiated in their contracts.

Reactions: Altimus

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Phaneuf wasn't from Ottawa. Their situations are not analogous.

J P Parise was beloved in Minnesota as an early North Star, and Zach grew up here, and chose to return here when he had the chance as a FA. His wife is from here. Their families are from here. This is where he will live when he retires.

In general, these situations are ones where both sides are well advised to be respectful, civil, and above all, private. Both sides can make life difficult for the other, should they choose to. Getting an inflamed public involved is the last thing they need.

Imnotagoodposter

Jan 5, 2020
Better get your hearing checked. He is, arguably, the most popular guy in the locker room.
It’s because dumba is black, shit like that goes around other people’s perceptions due to racism.
No deal. Counter with Wolanin + 2nd.
Hey man, that’s horrific. Dumba is a really good defenceman, wolanin isn’t, and a second isn’t enough. I don’t think Brannstrom has enough value either.
But idk what Minnesota’s needs are, forwards?

pinto + a top 10 protected first rounder + Alex formenton, probably gets it done. Dumba is a legit top 4 guy signed for two more years at a good rate.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad