Proposal: Min/Ott

MNWild14

Mar 5, 2021
We have players in the system to replace Dumba though. Menell and Addison. Then again Boldy can replace Greenway

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
We have players in the system to replace Dumba though. Menell and Addison. Then again Boldy can replace Greenway

I'd rather keep Greenway and Boldy, both. I like Dumba, but we have options available to fill his spot and save cap space.

I'd be OK with Dumba for Pinto + OTT 2nd

Last edited:
Reactions: MNWild14

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Letting the expansion draft dictate when/how/if we trade either player would be a mistake. And I think there's an increasingly strong case to be made for asking Parise to waive: he's got more to gain than to lose by doing so at this point.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Letting the expansion draft dictate when/how/if we trade either player would be a mistake. And I think there's an increasingly strong case to be made for asking Parise to waive: he's got more to gain than to lose by doing so at this point.

Yeah. I’m starting to come around on this as a legit possibility, even if we have to technically toss Seattle a little something to do it.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I'd rather keep Greenway and Boldy, both. I like Dumba, but we have options available to fill his spot and save cap space.

You really think that Melnyk would be down for increasing his payroll by 6M?

MNWild14

Mar 5, 2021

Completely agree. Chances are Menell or Addison will be just fine in Dumba’s place. Plus they’re both younger and cost controlled instead of Dumba’s 6 mil

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I'm just talking about exposing him to protect Greenway and Dumba. I assume they wouldn't even consider actually drafting him over Foligno/Soucy/Hartman/whoever.

Maybe I’m not giving him enough credit for coming to that conclusion on his own.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Maybe I’m not giving him enough credit for coming to that conclusion on his own.
Alright... the idea of sending Seattle a late pick to not take Parise in an effort to assure Parise himself that they won't take him is genuinely funny. In my head, the conversation between him and Guerin that leads up to that is 24 karat gold.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Alright... the idea of sending Seattle a late pick to not take Parise in an effort to assure Parise himself that they won't take him is genuinely funny. In my head, the conversation between him and Guerin that leads up to that is 24 karat gold.

I’m probably overestimating the a-hole-ness of Seattle’s GM too.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
not at all

I think several people see Dumba as 2nd pairing defenseman still. Brodin and Dumba are an ELITE top pairing in every metric you can find, and it ain't all Brodin. Their xGF% is the best in the league by pair whose played over 100 mins, and that is largely Dumba. His RAPM chart is almost literally, off the charts.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I’m probably overestimating the a-hole-ness of Seattle’s GM too.
I'm not sure you're wrong, honestly. The whole world realizing that Parise is basically a $7.5m 4th-liner/healthy scratch is much different than he himself realizing that. I'm hoping that Guerin's the sort of guy that can be tactfully blunt about it, but if it requires some kind of odd arrangement with Seattle I'm not against it. Both Greenway and Dumba have been big contributors to the team's success this year and being forced into trading either would be much worse.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I think several people see Dumba as 2nd pairing defenseman still. Brodin and Dumba are an ELITE top pairing in every metric you can find, and it ain't all Brodin. Their xGF% is the best in the league by pair whose played over 100 mins, and that is largely Dumba. His RAPM chart is almost literally, off the charts.
I get the idea of trading Dumba for help elsewhere and then hoping that Menell/Addison can mitigate the loss of what Dumba brought to the team. But the idea that they can just let him go in the expansion draft and be just fine afterwords is ridiculous.

Reactions: Jesus comma Brodin

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
I get the idea of trading Dumba for help elsewhere and then hoping that Menell/Addison can mitigate the loss of what Dumba brought to the team. But the idea that they can just let him go in the expansion draft and be just fine afterwords is ridiculous.

This. I am open to moving him for the right pieces but just letting him get exposed would be grounds to send our Billy to Sibera.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad