Proposal: Min/Ott

wilfred

Jan 13, 2010
New Bunswick
To Ott: Dumba

To Min: Brannstom

With the Seattle expansion draft Min needs to trade Dumba or lose him for nothing. If Min needs a rhd maybe Zub could work instead. Neither player needs to be protected and Ottawa has an extra spot to protect a dman.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island

With the Seattle expansion draft Min needs to trade Dumba or lose him for nothing. If Min needs a rhd maybe Zub could work instead. Neither player needs to be protected and Ottawa has an extra spot to protect a dman.

No deal. Counter with Wolanin + 2nd.

Reactions: Altimus

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
No deal, counter with Pinto+

Contrary to popular belief, we don't actually need to "trade him or lose him for nothing". There's a secret third option: protecting him.

Reactions: Flyer lurker

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island

Contrary to popular belief, we don't actually need to "trade him or lose him for nothing". There's a secret third option: protecting him.

What's the plus? As long as it's a 2nd round pick or of equal value, you got yourself a deal.
I know Pinto is good, but we already got enough C - possibility of adding Beniers factors in this.

MK9

Feb 28, 2008
Andover, MN

Honestly, unless it's a #1 center coming back for Dumba+, I don't see Dumba going anywhere. D for D ain't getting it done.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I do that if I'm GM, but just to be sure is there any truth to Dumba being a lockeroom cancer? Or am I completely off base, just remember hearing something like that.

That could not be further from the truth. He's an excellent locker room guy, loved by all, great character, loves helping out and giving back to the community. I have no idea where you heard that from.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
He's pretty much the opposite of that.

That could not be further from the truth. He's an excellent locker room guy, loved by all, great character, loves helping out and giving back to the community. I have no idea where you heard that from.

At no point have I ever once heard anything remotely like that.

Okay, good to know. I don't remember where I read that, maybe some rival team creating bs

Is the package being returned more valuable than say if Minnesota were to trade a 1st to Seattle to pick someone else and keep Dumba?

wilfred

Jan 13, 2010
New Bunswick

Are you going to protect 4 and 4 is that how you can protect Dumba or am i missing something?

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Okay, good to know. I don't remember where I read that, maybe some rival team creating bs

Is the package being returned more valuable than say if Minnesota were to trade a 1st to Seattle to pick someone else and keep Dumba?

If Minnesota doesn't trade Dumba, I would anticipate them just protecting him, along with Fiala, Ek, and the NMC guys, leaving Greenway exposed. Slight chance Parise waives allowing us to protect Greenway as well.

I'll be pretty upset if Guerin falls into the same trap Fletcher did

But you might find differing opinions on this within the Wild fanbase.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
If Minnesota doesn't trade Dumba, I would anticipate them just protecting him, along with Fiala, Ek, and the NMC guys, leaving Greenway exposed. Slight chance Parise waives allowing us to protect Greenway as well.

I'll be pretty upset if Guerin falls into the same trap Fletcher did

But you might find differing opinions on this within the Wild fanbase.

Oh yeah they absolutely do this. I personally doubt Parise waives. You're probably losing Greenway which isn't good, but it's not as detrimental to the team than Dumba.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Oh yeah they absolutely do this. I personally doubt Parise waives. You're probably losing Greenway which isn't good, but it's not as detrimental to the team than Dumba.

I'm not expecting Parise to waive either, but there are starting to be some pretty good reasons for him to do so.

BurgoShark

Jul 1, 2004
Gold Coast
No to the op. Not interested in trading Branny. He’s a keeper.

Dumba is awesome, but for Ottawa he wouldn’t be worth that price. If Minnesota trade him now it will be to a team in “win now” mode.

Reactions: Altimus

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
Sure, Pinto + OTT 2nd works for me.

Dumba could be had for what I would evaluate as a b tier prospect and a 2nd?

Thinking there’s lots of teams that could beat that.

No slight to Pinto, just a cut below blue chip (the Zegras, Seider, Drysdales of the world)

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017

Not close

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I do that if I'm GM, but just to be sure is there any truth to Dumba being a lockeroom cancer? Or am I completely off base, just remember hearing something like that.
Better get your hearing checked. He is, arguably, the most popular guy in the locker room.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Isn't losing one of JEE or Greenway less of a blow than Dumba?
In a vacuum, yes. On a team loaded on D, and short on forward talent, not so much. JEE will be protected no matter what because he is a C. Greenway would be the odd man out, even though he and Foligno are having excellent seasons, and provide some much needed size and physicality.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad