Proposal: MIN - NYI

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Again the only player that matches what you are seeking is Panarin, currently.

Or find one through the draft.

Edit: what about Kessel? I would think he would be open to playing in Minne.
Panarin isn't any more likely to sign in Minnesota than he is in Columbus. If he was interested in signing here then yeah, we should look into that. I wouldn't give up Dumba for him, though.

Kessel's great but his age exacerbates a problem the Wild already have with leaning heavily on guys that are on the verge of declining. Plus the Penguins would justifiably want more than I'd want to pay for him.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
And you know lee won’t sign w the Wild?

When he signs, he ll return much better value. Before signing he is a rental player.

Quite elementary to type this, but sure makes a funny thread. Happy to help.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
No chance the guy wants to play in Minnesota. No chance we can pay him 10 million a year.

We have to be more creative.
We can pay him 10m, but IMO he's not worth it. He is not Kucherov( 9.5M). I'd say he's worth 8.5 or so.

I think you're exactly right about him not wanting to re up in MN. His agent won't say that, because it's in their interest to have as many teams bidding for him as possible when FA comes.

Reactions: 16thOverallSaveUs

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Lee would be a great add for a team that was a) short on LW's, b) having trouble scoring goals, and c) having trouble on the PP.

a) we have Zucker, Nino, Parise on the LW at the NHL level and Greenway + Kaprizov in the system
b) over the last 2 years we are 6th in the league in goals for
c) over the last 2 years we are 9th in the league in power play %

Reactions: Spurgeon

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
To be fair I think it'd be more like Barzal+ for Spurgeon, but also to be fair it was a dumb thing to say that we'd be adding to Dumba in the first place, so carry on.
True, but I wanted to over emphasize how bad what they said actually was. Especially since they had plenty of time to read the responses to the original Lee+ for Dumba.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad