Proposal: MIN - NYI

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
If Dumba is traded it makes much more sense to aim for a center of similar age and upside. Not for a 28 year old winger.

Well we don’t know how Fenton views a Lee-Dumba swap. That said, I’ll roll with your rationale.

Nelson and a 3rd for Brodin.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
I think it’s rather people seriously undervalue a young RHD who just put up 50 points. He’s not available.

We may differ in opinion, but I would say Lee and a small + is equal value to Dumba. Forty goal scorers are rare, let alone the offensive force Lee is around the boards and net. Dumba is a rare blend of talent too; hence they are relatively equal in value.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
We may differ in opinion, but I would say Lee and a small + is equal value to Dumba. Forty goal scorers are rare, let alone the offensive force Lee is around the boards and net. Dumba is a rare blend of talent too; hence they are relatively equal in value.
No they aren't because Lee is 28 and a UFA in 1 season. Dumba is only 23 so he is only just reaching his potential and is an RFA. Not even close imo.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
No they aren't because Lee is 28 and a UFA in 1 season. Dumba is only 23 so he is only just reaching his potential and is an RFA. Not even close imo.

In terms of talent and production they are very close. Age gap and contract situation is why NYI would have to add.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
Well we don’t know how Fenton views a Lee-Dumba swap. That said, I’ll roll with your rationale.

We do know.

Lee is a rental. Dumba will end up with a 6 year deal. Nobody trades a long term roster player for 1 year rental.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Keep the 40 goal scorer then. You’ll need him now more than ever after Tavares walked.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Honestly, I don’t want to trade him (hoping they re-sign), but we need a major upgrade on D; he’s got the value to bring that in.
Should look elsewhere then if you can’t re-sign him. Minnesota isn’t trading a top 4 D and they are stacked in the LW position (Nino, Zucker, Parise, Granlund).

Reactions: BelovedIsles

16thOverallSaveUs

Danila Yurov Fan Club Executive Assistant
May 2, 2018

Nelson and a 3rd for Brodin.
We don’t really need to add depth players. Especially at the expense of our top 4. Nelson can pass as a top 6 player, but he’d be 3rd Line for us.

The only way we trade a defensmen is for a young forward. Especially with suter’s health being uncertain.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018
He is great for his cost, just don't see many teams hitching their wagon to a 1st line center just under 35 when the season starts though.

You’re right about that, though he just recently turned 33. I could only see a team trading us good young assets if they feel this is their year and they’re one very good center away from a cup.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018

That isn’t really a comparison. Lee is the man. That is for sure. He just scored 40 goals. He can bury the puck, no doubt about it. The thing is, we have guys like Staal, Zucker, Nino, Parise who can potentially score us 30+ goals. I would love to add Lee to that mix, but not at the expense of Dumba. He’s a 23 year old who just put up 50 points as a RD. Think about what that means to our franchise for the next 10 years. Having a peice like that. Lee is great, but his value isn’t there because:
A:he’s 28
B:UFA next year(we don’t need guys who we will have to overpay to keep)
C:Anders lee may be a stud at scoring goals, but we need a player that can really drive the play at an elite level. I’m talking about an elite forward. That’s the only time I would consider moving Dumba.

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
That isn’t really a comparison. Lee is the man. That is for sure. He just scored 40 goals. He can bury the puck, no doubt about it. The thing is, we have guys like Staal, Zucker, Nino, Parise who can potentially score us 30+ goals. I would love to add Lee to that mix, but not at the expense of Dumba. He’s a 23 year old who just put up 50 points as a RD. Think about what that means to our franchise for the next 10 years. Having a peice like that. Lee is great, but his value isn’t there because:
A:he’s 28
B:UFA next year(we don’t need guys who we will have to overpay to keep)
C:Anders lee may be a stud at scoring goals, but we need a player that can really drive the play at an elite level. I’m talking about an elite forward. That’s the only time I would consider moving Dumba.

I gotcha. Thanks for the classy explanation.

Maybe look into Panarin?

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
No chance the guy wants to play in Minnesota. No chance we can pay him 10 million a year.

We have to be more creative.

Finding elite forward talent is hard to come by. Aren’t many available outside of Panarin. Get creative with the cap, you’ll find space.

You may have to part w Dumba, in the right deal it may be worth it.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Finding elite forward talent is hard to come by. Aren’t many available outside of Panarin. Get creative with the cap, you’ll find space.

We aren't parting with Dumba. Give it up.

16thOverallSaveUs

May 2, 2018

It’s always worth it, at the right price...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad