Confirmed Trade: [MIN/CHI] Marc-Andre Fleury for 2022 conditional 1st round pick

deytookerjaabs

Johnny Paycheck's Tank Advisor
Sep 26, 2010
Eastern Shore
Fleury kept a bunch of games that should have been blowouts real close and stole a few more that the Hawks had no business being in. He's also had a few stinkers and is known to have a few in the playoffs too. Still, he's a guy that if you pay attention to his game he can be a huge difference maker in games you have no business being in.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
There was a rumor that Guerin was interested in MAF the offseason before last. Could have had a Vezina winner on the Wild, but wound up getting eliminated by him in round 1 that year.

It's no surprise Guerin went for him this year.

Obvious Fabertism

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 1, 2009
MN
Put a poor defense in front of any goalie and their stats will sink rapidly, i.e., Grubhauer in Seattle. Doesn't mean that they suddenly got worse.
This was in regards to Talbot, the Wild have top of the league expected GA numbers with terrible actual GA, the goaltenders were crapping the bed.

Reactions: JBurd1

Wild11MN

First round losers
May 28, 2013
MN
I really like this for the Wild. Great pick up. Surprised Edmonton or Toronto didn't bite here - I guess maybe MAF wasn't willing to waive (does he even have a NTC?), or maybe they couldn't work it out with the salary.
He does have a NTC, and it sounds like he wasn't willing to go north of the border.

P10p

May 15, 2012
Fun fact. Minnesota is south of the Canadian border :laugh:

For sure, just always struck me as odd/funny. I'm a Canadian who lives close to the GTA and we are always stereotyped as "northerners" when compared to Americans when in reality, a few states are more north than we are.

Minnewildsota

He who laughs last thinks slowest
Jun 7, 2010
For sure, just always struck me as odd/funny. I'm a Canadian who lives close to the GTA and we are always stereotyped as "northerners" when compared to Americans when in reality, a few states are more north than we are.
No, I gotcha. Just trying to add onto the humor you were going with. Flat maps make it seem like all of Canada is north of America.

Reactions: P10p

TLEH

Pronounced T-Lay
Feb 28, 2015
Bomoseen, Vermont
Chicago gets a 2nd for a player that isn't coming back and they got for free. He also had a total NMC and could completely control his location.

Minnesota only gives up a first if it works out great for them.

Don't see how this is possibly a negative at all, for anyone.

ThatGuy22

Oct 11, 2011
Chicago gets a 2nd for a player that isn't coming back and they got for free. He also had a total NMC and could completely control his location.

Minnesota only gives up a first if it works out great for them.

Don't see how this is possibly a negative at all, for anyone.

His list was probably Minnesota or bust as well. Real easy for him to keep his kids in school in Chicago, and be able to see them regularly. There are 15 direct flights from Chicago to Minnesota daily, that only take like an hour.

Reactions: Waterbuf

goldenbladz1

Feb 11, 2015
and most of Canada would be south of the US if you consider Alaska 😂

Reactions: P10p

Ace Card Bedard

Back in Black, Red, and White
Feb 11, 2012
MAF has been playing great.
Nice to get a free 2nd for him, or even a 1st if we're lucky.

Good luck to the Wild!

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
I wish he wasn't traded....

3rd team in such short time, where does he find the motivation....

was loved in Vegas, learned to like em back, got stabbed in the back..
rinse and repeat, rewind after done

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad