Confirmed Trade: [MIN/CHI] Marc-Andre Fleury for 2022 conditional 1st round pick

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
I would like to see the Wild do well too. Great hockey fans in Minnesota.
Their team is fun to watch compared to previous years . I lived there for 14-15 years while the Hawks were winning so that was always a good time. B be it they have a chance this year in the west I felt before this trade.

abo9

Jun 25, 2017
I feel sad for MAF :(
- traded yet again

Take care buddy

Wait until the Wild benches him in the playoffs after he wins them 2 playoff series

If he doesn't want to get moved yet again, he should probably look into retiring ...

Space umpire

Nov 15, 2018
Cocoa Beach, Florida
His list was probably Minnesota or bust as well. Real easy for him to keep his kids in school in Chicago, and be able to see them regularly. There are 15 direct flights from Chicago to Minnesota daily, that only take like an hour.
Per Chicago talk radio he was never asked to submit a list.
He was informed of each potential deal as negotiations got serious. Early on he asked to not be moved to teams in Canada.
It is “believed” there were 5 or 6 teams that called. As the deadline got close 2 got to heavy negotiations.
It was said MAF nixed one. Since they weren’t moving him to the Leafs or Oilers … Someone mentioned that might have been Vegas.

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
The TSN guy was saying MAF looked mentaly exausted to be traded again. His son was crying that he got traded. It must not be a picnic. I wish him success with the Wild. Might be his last team.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Minnesota has more talent than MTL did last season. The Habs just caught lightning in a bottle.
I don't think a team catches lightning in a bottle for 3+ rounds. It's a cop-out answer. A team needs to have at least some talented players, system and belief to get through an obstacle course like the SC playoffs

Reactions: Nogatco Rd

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Good for all parties involved.

Hawks got a 2nd that has a chance (albeit not a high chance) of being a late 1st.

Wild gets an upgrade in net for a respectable price and adds some veteran leadership to the lockerroom.

Flower, while I'm sure would've preferred staying on a Hawks team that was playoff bound, at least gets to compete and keep his playoff streak alive while being in close proximity to his family. And Hawks seemed to do right by him by keeping him involved in this process the entire time (and not going back on the promise Bowman gave that they'd only trade him if he wanted to be moved).

Kyle Dubas may not be happy about the Leafs interest being leaked, but oh well.

Just do us two favors Minny; make that pick a 1st and play better defense than the Hawks; don't need MAF suffering from some long term goalie PTSD.

Reactions: Space umpire

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
I like this deal for Minnesota. This also paved a way to get Middleton and I think Fleury will do well in Minnesota en route to mentor Wallstedt if he remains. Might retire or convince Pittsburgh to bring him back at a deducted cost.

Mikeshane

Jan 15, 2013
I have no idea if it will work but it's a fun trade for deadline day.

Minnesota are passionate about hockey like MAF is so it should add so excitement for their playoff games.

Blackhawkswincup

RIP Fugu
Jun 24, 2007
Chicagoland
I wish he wasn't traded....

3rd team in such short time, where does he find the motivation....

was loved in Vegas, learned to like em back, got stabbed in the back..
rinse and repeat, rewind after done

Are you implying the Hawks stabbed him in back like Vegas? That is far from truth

The Hawks simply suck and this deal gives both sides what they want

A pick for Hawks future and MAF goes to a team that will be in playoffs

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
If maf can adjust immediately including his teammates, that is the b biggest problem for any new goalie and defenseman communication . Maf will put on a show , I'm rooting for Minnesota....

Reactions: Space umpire

Vancouver Canucks

Feb 8, 2015
If maf can adjust immediately including his teammates, that is the b biggest problem for any new goalie and defenseman communication . Maf will put on a show , I'm rooting for Minnesota....
He's a veteran and a locker room presence, so I think he'll do well for the Minnesota environment.

Taylorst

Jun 26, 2018
He's a veteran and a locker room presence, so I think he'll do well for the Minnesota environment.
I'm not referring to his ability to get along in the locker room. Any goaltender newbie or veteran going to a new team or new defenseman all need to adjust to each other on ice with what to expect from each other .. communication, style of play , when to support each other ect..

Ad

Upcoming events

• USA vs Sweden
    USA vs Sweden
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,050.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Finland vs Czechia
    Finland vs Czechia
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $200.00