Friedman: Miles Wood is on the trade block

Mrs Crosby's Dryer

Can we please fire idiot Sullivan now?
Dec 11, 2005
Pittsburgh, Pa.
Would love to have him on the Pens. Decent all around player with good speed and some grit that we could use on our 3rd or 4th line. Simon is god awful, but maybe if we also added a pick it might pique old Ray’s interest to get a conversation started. Too bad the vast majority of the Kinder Gentler Penguins HF Board Regulars would lose their collective hive minds.

Bishop7979

Sep 9, 2005
Man wood and tanev together would give other teams a a fit. If it's a third that would do it take a third and ZAR and I'll drop.off zar and pick up woods myself.

BlindSquirrel

Dec 4, 2019
Shero doesn’t seem to value second round picks much so I’d be surprised if Wood is moved for a third. Probably more of a hockey trade than that. McCABE for Wood makes more sense.
Money seems right on both sides. Don't believe Sabres get the better player, but helps with position balance and he's signed beyond this year unlike McCabe.

Nonetheless, Woods reviews aren't exactly rave. For that matter McCabe isn't exactly setting the world on fire.

Last edited:

Finnflash

May 19, 2016
Winnipeg
I’ve only watched him play maybe 10 times but every time he stood out.

Maybe I’m missing something but would love to have him on the Jets.

Reactions: hn777

Based Anime Fan

Himedanshi Bandit
Mar 11, 2012
Tokai

Wood will look OK for a shift, then go full pants-on-head stupid for the rest of the game.

Has speed, but his head and hands aren't keeping up with it... he'll gain the zone, look around, then pump a floater into the chest.

Good for the forecheck as he's quite fearless, though.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
I know Josh Anderson is struggling but I’m guessing no way in hell CBJ moves him and especially when his value is at his lowest and is due to break out?
Would there be anything realistic that could be added to Wood for Anderson ? Or would it take a huge overpayment and not even be close to being an,e to work out a deal.
I just really like Anderson and notices his production has dipped so very slim chance he might be considered to be moved.

greasysnapper

Apr 6, 2018
Do you think he's lost a half step?

I'm never quite sure as it's a fraction of a difference, my eye test says yes, but I'd love to hear some other insights.

DickSmehlik

Oct 23, 2006
The Empire State
I liked Wood's game a couple of seasons ago but his play last season and so far this season makes me question if he has it what it takes to be a full time player in this league.

There is a good chance I think that if any team acquires him, that he continues on his downward trajectory IMO.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011

He’s a decent top 9 winger.......but let’s be honest Jets don’t need more wingers that’s their biggest strength.

Reactions: Finnflash

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
Kulak/Reilly+late pick
or
Kulak/Reilly+Hudon

He's not an upgrade on cousins so why would the Habs trade for him? Both are good for 25-30 points as they did last year but wood is 2.75m. Don't see the logic in that.

spockBokk

Sep 8, 2013
Hadyn Fleury make any sense for NJD as a starting point? CAR would also need to send some cap over to fit in Wood’s cap hit.

Prob too hard of a deal to make work...

TVR plus a pick? At least those cap hits are similar, but I’d think Fleury would be the much more attractive piece from a Devils perspective.

SnuggaRUDE

Apr 5, 2013
I don't see how Buffalo can trade McCabe until they know how long Dahlin is out. If NJD want a RHD they'd be able to talk.

Reactions: Chainshot

Zezel22

Mar 9, 2018
I hate losing Wood. Thought he could be an elite 4th liner on a championship team in his first year or so. Seemingly, he has not been the same since that suspension in '18 for boarding Namestikov. Think he decided or was told to throttle back and to me hasnt seemed to be the same player since. I dont think its worth a 3rd rd pick, I'd rather try to get him back to that.

Forge

Blissfully Mediocre
Jul 4, 2018
Vegas
Nonetheless, Woods reviews aren't exactly rave. For that matter McCabe isn't exactly setting the world on fire.

I hate the phrase, but I'll use it here because I do think that it's appropriate, but Wood is what he is. There's nothing more or less to him. He's an incredibly fast skater, though his balance and edgework to me are not great. He's a bottom 6 energy guy. He'll throw up some shots, because that's what he does (volume shooter), but he doesn't have a ton of actual skill. Gives you a lot of grit with that speed, which is a bit of a rare combination, though he can be undisciplined. He's a guy that makes sense to have on your roster for a lot of teams, but you don't really have to have him. But he can add to a team...it just has to be very specific things that you're looking to add.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad