May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
upload_2019-12-4_12-6-50.png

31 Thoughts: A 'Code of Conduct' is coming to the NHL - Sportsnet.ca

Reactions: ujju2

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Wood seems like a guy the Pens would target. And if the price is a 3rd rounder or there about, that's something the Pens can afford to part with.

Reactions: 66-30-33

EnglishDevil

Nov 11, 2009
London, UK & Chicago, US
What's a useful player for a tanking team?

I mean he's only 24, signed to a perfectly reasonable contract and contributes at the NHL level, even if he's only a 3rd/4th line energy guy who chips in a little offense. He's also one of the few players we have with some size & physicality, so giving him away for a 3rd round pick that will more likely than not turn into a player who never even reaches the NHL seems counter-productive.

We've had a ton of picks recently too, our prospect pool is overflowing with B/C tier project picks from the middle rounds. Unless we're getting something actually useful for Wood, like a similarly aged current NHL defenceman then I don't really see the point in moving him.

Reactions: deflowd

devils29

Jan 9, 2019
We got a 3rd for Ben Lovejoy fellow devils fans... be a tad more ambitious with the ask. He’s the exact type of player playoff teams need. Agitator who can pop a few in every so often. I’d say a 2nd at least

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
Swapping Wood for McCabe is exactly the kind of deal we'd be looking for here, if Buffalo were interested in something like that.
I really hope that our GM really became interested in such a deal, because we need a player like Wood in bottom 6 and because we have too many defenders because of which the talented Pilut is stuck in AHL. Well and plus as a bonus Wood is a local guy.

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
What kind of + would NJ be willing to attach for Johnsson? That's the kind of downgrade I'd take to free up a little money. Wood and Kapanen on the same line would be fun.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->