Player Discussion Milan Lucic

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrc1967

Jan 9, 2014
Houston Texas
Be prepared for a whole bunch of these type of roughing calls. Near the end of looch in boston if he looked at a hab wrong in the box he would go. Hes gonna disappear for a couple weeks at a time during the regular season but come playoffs its on. I still wouldnt expect anything ove 50-55 points even with McDavid but thats like 3rd on the list why your paying him.

that's because the refs got tired of the shrieks of fear from the habs bench.

McNuge

Dec 17, 2010
Cambridge Ontario
Just watched the presser. Makes me love the signing even more. He seems like a very intelligent individual, not just some meat head who is out to kill. Welcome to Edmonton!!!

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
Love that press conference. Love that Lucic said no one was ever worried about playing Edmonton and thsts gonna change.

Love he said this team is going to start playing with swagger.

It sucks losing hall but the most important thing by far was changing the culture of this team. Getting rid of hall and rnh does that. And it looks like this is Chiarellis master plan.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Love that press conference. Love that Lucic said no one was ever worried about playing Edmonton and thsts gonna change.

Love he said this team is going to start playing with swagger.

It sucks losing hall but the most important thing by far was changing the culture of this team. Getting rid of hall and rnh does that. And it looks like this is Chiarellis master plan.

Agreed brother :yo:.

Mcnotloilersfan

I'm here, I'm bored
Jul 11, 2010
Niagara
Really impressed by his press conference, you can tell he really cares.

If I wasnt in love with the deal already I certainly am after hearing him talk.

We lost a unique player in Hall. We got an even more unique player in Lucic.

We are no longer an easy team to play. And while Lucic will likely never outscore Hallsy, he is a better option for our powerplay.

Culture change. I love it

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
Really impressed by his press conference, you can tell he really cares.

Yup. Very articulate and well spoken guy as well, he's not a meathead at all. Came across as an intelligent and thoughtful person to me.

The McDavid factor is real. Plant him on McDavids left wing.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Yup. Very articulate and well spoken guy as well, he's not a meathead at all. Came across as an intelligent and thoughtful person to me.

The McDavid factor is real. Plant him on McDavids left wing.

I know I've said it before but now that it's official I hope they test
Lucic-McDavid-Pulju line, Lucic has gotten lot of bad comments but he is a great mentor for the kids, Pasta sees him as his big brother.

Spooner had his breakout when he was paired with Lucic, and Lucic-Pasta-Spooner was Bostons best line in his last year while 2/3 of that line were rookies, and Lucic played his best game while on that line, he had to skate and he was trying harder with those guys, he wasn't lazy Lucic as he at times used to be.
Really think it would be great for their development to test that line.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
I know I've said it before but now that it's official I hope they test
Lucic-McDavid-Pulju, Lucic has gotten lot of bad comments but he is a great mentor for the kids, Pasta sees him as his big brother.

Spooner had his breakout when he was paired with Lucic, and Lucic-Pasta-Spooner was Bostons best line in his last year while 2/3 of that line were rookies, and Lucic played his best game while on that line, he had to skate and he was trying harder with those guys, he wasn't lazy Lucic as he at times used to be.
Really think it would be great for their development to test that line.

When Pulju is ready, Lucic-McDavid-Pulju will become one of the most dominant lines in the NHL eventually.

Lucic is a perfect fit in EDM. Can't wait, he'll be an immediate fan favourite. Oiler fans love our tough guys.

redgrant

Nov 2, 2013
For those of you worried about the term of his deal Lucic has historically been much healthier than hall. Let's worry about year 6 and 7 in 5 years from now and just bask we got the preminent power forward in the league.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
When Pulju is ready, Lucic-McDavid-Pulju will become one of the most dominant lines in the NHL eventually.

Lucic is a perfect fit in EDM. Can't wait, he'll be an immediate fan favourite. Oiler fans love our tough guys.

With Lucic I feel you have a playoff team, and I'll be watching as many games as I can.
Really hoping this is the season things start to change.

scb23

Jan 5, 2012
Edmonton
I still hate that Hall is gone, but I'm trying to separate that from my feelings about having Lucic. Bottom line, I'm beyond stoked we have him. I think he's going to make a giant difference in the locker room culture department and he's use to playing in rabid markets. No problem with the money or term. He's only 28, lots left in the tank IMO. Welcome to YEG Looch!

Draiken

Jun 28, 2011
Still don't like the Hall trade.

That said, I'm confident the team, as a whole, will skate around a little taller with one of Lucic, Maroon, Kassian, Hendricks, and Nurse likely out for the entire game. Not to mention we still have Khaira and possibly Gryba waiting in the wings too. It's going to be interesting to see the type of on ice culture that this shift has brought on. Who gets letters this year?

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Still don't like the Hall trade.

That said, I'm confident the team, as a whole, will skate around a little taller with one of Lucic, Maroon, Kassian, Hendricks, and Nurse likely out for the entire game. Not to mention we still have Khaira and possibly Gryba waiting in the wings too. It's going to be interesting to see the type of on ice culture that this shift has brought on. Who gets letters this year?

The Hall trade is still a tough pill to swallow but I do feel it was necessary. We NEEDED the culture change and Adam Larsson badly.

I think McDavid, Lucic, Hendricks, and Nuge get the 'A's if they don't elect Connor as captain.

Ogopogo*

I talked about not liking his contract in the signing thread, so wont talk about that here.

But as a player I think he's a pretty good fit to go along with any of our three centers.

Everyone has him pencilled in with McDavid, but I'm actually kind of interested in how he'd look alongside of Draisaitl.

Maroon-McDavid-Yak
Lucic-Drai-Puljujarvi
Pouliot-RNH-Eberle

(order them however you want).

Theres a lot of possible matches there (as the roster stands today We'll see if an RNH/Eberle gets moved out)

Don't poison McDavid's line with Yak. If nobody will give us anything for him, Yak is a 3rd liner - end of story.

Ogopogo*

Pretty iffy about this signing for you guys. Notwithstanding his reputation as a beast, Lucic is lazy and takes shifts off. He has also had numerous "incidents" on and off the ice. His character is questionable to say the least.

Allow me to translate: "I wish we would have gotten Lucic but, since we didn't, I feel the need to bash the move so I don't feel so bad"

That about right, sport?

Gambl0r83*

THE BEAR!
HOLY ****. Milan has been my favorite player for so long before Hall was drafted.
"Sometimes leaders must make unpopular decisions, for the sake of the bigger picture"
I was furious over the Hall trade, didn't sleep at all that night. But after studying Larsson in deep detail and now this signing, it's clear that Chiarelli is doing what no other GM since Pocklington has done in Edmonton, changing the culture.
And without mercy

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad