Player Discussion Milan Lucic

Status
Not open for further replies.

DisgruntledGoat*

Dec 26, 2010
Pretty iffy about this signing for you guys. Notwithstanding his reputation as a beast, Lucic is lazy and takes shifts off. He has also had numerous "incidents" on and off the ice. His character is questionable to say the least.

Good.

I'm tired of the Oilers taking cheapshots for the Shane Doans of the world in 5-2 losses. I'll glad accept a few 'incidents' from Looch.

Lucic, Kassian, Maroon, Nurse, Hendricks. Edmonton may finally be a tough place to play.

PatrikOverAuston

Laine > Matthews
Jun 22, 2016
Winnipeg
A transformational signing. He's going to bang in 55-65 points a year, and maybe as high as 75 thanks to McDavid. That's on top of being a true pain to play against and a true leader you want to play your heart out for. Not cheap but the AAV is perfect.

Now get that RHD and we're set. 10th place in the West would even be a disappointment at this rate.

snipes

How cold? I’m ice cold.
Dec 28, 2015
**** yeah. Super stoked, welcome to EDM Looch

We're a better team.

MCMIL OIL

Oct 19, 2011
Cochrane AB
Well guys change has come.. Gutted seeing Hall go but we are one dman away from being close to a playoff team. Heard that fayne is in the best shape of his life off twitter. He use to be an effective Dman hopefully he can get back to that.

Lucic-McDavid-Eberle
Pouliot-Nuge-Yak
Maroon-Drai-Puljujärvi
Hendricks-Letestu-Kassian
Pak Man

Sekera-XXXX
Klefbom-Larrson
Davidson-Fayne
Nurse/Rienhart

Wouldnt mine another dman to put the kid in the AHL

Del Preston

Mar 8, 2013
#27 Milan Lucic
Iv81pPD.gif

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
Not the direction I would've gone but it's also going to be a lot of fun for the next two or three years. Watching Oilers beat the snot out of opponents will be a refreshing change.

mmonty

Mar 9, 2013
Hated to see him leave Boston so I hope he does very well for the Oilers. Love Lucic. If you like big mean intimidating hockey players you are going to love him. Probably wont be in many fights as there aren't many guys left in the league willing to go with him.

KarmaPolice

Snack enthusiast
Oct 5, 2007
In Limbo
Love it!!!

This is EXACTLY the kind of player we needed for our top 6 -- even more than Hall. Their goal scoring in the last three seasons has actually been very comparable, with I think Hall scoring four or five more goals over that span, and that's it, although Lucic played about 30 more games -- but that's another good thing about Lucic: his health. He's only missed FOUR games total in the last three seasons. Amazing signing. We got the best Dman UFA last year in Sekera, and we get the best UFA forward available this year. Love what Chia is doing. Now just sign Demers, and we're looking at legitimately competing for a playoff spot.

Now if anyone even THINKS about running McDavid or Drai or anyone else, they're going to have to answer for it with big-time pain. I think we'll see a LOT fewer cheapshots with guys like Lucic, Maroon, Kassian, etc. Our smaller guys are also going to play a lot bigger now, and feel like they're a few inches taller out there. Very nice, indeed.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
Hated to see him leave Boston so I hope he does very well for the Oilers. Love Lucic. If you like big mean intimidating hockey players you are going to love him. Probably wont be in many fights as there aren't many guys left in the league willing to go with him.

Just means he can impose his will, and be a bully.

:D

The Batman

Registered Superhero
Sep 30, 2014
Batcave
Love the player. Nurse in the back end, Lucic up front. Hoooo boy. That is just 2 players and a whole lotta nasty!

If the contract is front loaded then I can like it even more. Plus look at what Brouwer and especially Backes signed for.

Despite the rumors I still can't believe we've got this player. Wasnt there a players poll with Lucic being voted the scariest player? The Oilers now have an intriguing blend of size, speed, skill, and meanness. Just need to solidy our D and retool the bottom line a bit.

jukon

NHL Point Leader
Mar 17, 2011
Love the player but I'm not looking forward how the refs will treat him once he's in Oilers silks.

BoldNewLettuce

Esquire
Dec 21, 2008
Canada
Love the player but I'm not looking forward how the refs will treat him once he's in Oilers silks.

Gotta trade for Wideman, then we can intimidate other teams, and the stinkin' refs.

I agree completely.

Lucic will be neutered.....but he can still play hockey with size and grit to help his center.

I sincerely hope McLellan literally tears the refs a new ******* at the first opportunity. It will be a given that teams are going to ride MCDavid Lootch or no Lootch. If the refs go full ****** and just target the Oilers heavies while they let pukes like Manning ride McDavid into the boards then someone will need to eat a fine and speak up with a clear case and evidence of the bushleague officiating.

CountrytotheCore

May 7, 2009
C-town NH/CT
I agree completely.

Lucic will be neutered.....but he can still play hockey with size and grit to help his center.

I sincerely hope McLellan literally tears the refs a new ******* at the first opportunity. It will be a given that teams are going to ride MCDavid Lootch or no Lootch. If the refs go full ****** and just target the Oilers heavies while they let pukes like Manning ride McDavid into the boards then someone will need to eat a fine and speak up with a clear case and evidence of the bushleague officiating.

Be prepared for a whole bunch of these type of roughing calls. Near the end of looch in boston if he looked at a hab wrong in the box he would go. Hes gonna disappear for a couple weeks at a time during the regular season but come playoffs its on. I still wouldnt expect anything ove 50-55 points even with McDavid but thats like 3rd on the list why your paying him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad