Player Discussion Milan Lucic (Trial date 2/16)- Charges DROPPED-will NOT return this season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
As we continue the discussion of this player, please take a moment to refresh yourselves with a few of our forum guidelines.

Keep in mind you agreed to abide by these guidelines when you signed up for the site.

Thanks.

Flaming: Critique the opinion, not the person. Personal attacks against members are not permitted. Report flaming, do not respond to it. Counter-flaming is also prohibited.

Trolling: Do not make posts that could be interpreted as though they were made to cause an argument or provoke others. Making generalizations about other posters is a common form of trolling. Posting questionable content on team boards, particularly those of rivals, is likely to be seen as trolling.

Spamming: Posts that advertise anything without the authorization of site Administrators may be considered “spam”. If you wish to advertise on HFBoards please contact [email protected]. No money leagues are allowed in the Fantasy Talk forum. Do not post the same content multiple times, whether on the same forum, or across multiple forums.

Threadjacking/OT/Politics: Posts that waste space or time on the site, annoy users due to characteristics or repetition, disrupt the site functionality, or cause threads to veer off topic may be considered “threadjacking/OT”. This also applies to signatures, user titles, avatars, profile fields, and so forth. Stay on topic as much as possible. Post new threads in the appropriate forum only. Political discussion is not permitted on the forums except within the narrowly defined scope of hockey-related matters.

Claims of Insider Information/ Rumors & Hearsay: If you're an insider, contact us with proof BEFORE you post. These posts will be allowed/rejected at the discretion of administrators after consulting with other posters, moderators, and relevant sources. Deference will be given to veteran members who have established credibility. It's not acceptable to post that you heard someone has a drinking/drug/sex/personal problem from a "good" source. Do not post information that can be considered defamatory without a link to a credible media source. Other forums, personal websites, amateur/unvetted blogs, hearsay, and personal testimonials are not considered credible.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
"A pretrial date was scheduled for Jan. 19, but Lucic will not be required to appear in person."

What's the point of a not guilty plea? Is it moreso just a normal part of the process rather than him actually denying doing anything?

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
He pleaded not guilty. Wife ended up saying no chocking. Court date Jan 19. Lucic appearing via zoom

Hair pull still in question. Broken lamps and glass found in apartment. Redness on chest of wife. She refused EMS care.

Unredacted police report to be released

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
He pleaded not guilty. Wife ended up saying no chocking. Court date Jan 19.

This was in the original police report that was obtained by news agencies. On the 911 call she originally said there was choking. When the officers asked later in person she said there was no choking. But they observed red marks all over her chest.

Idk if you are familiar with DV situations but it is not out of the ordinary for the victims to cover for the offenders.

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
This was in the original police report that was obtained by news agencies. On the 911 call she originally said there was choking. When the officers asked later in person she said there was not choking. But they observed red marks all over her chest.

Idk if you are familiar with DV situations but it is not out of the ordinary for the victims to cover for the offenders.
I’m not speculating I’m just posting what I got out of watching Wally’s video.

Gonzothe7thDman

Jun 24, 2007
Central, Ma
I’m not speculating I’m just posting what I got out of watching Wally’s video.

Maybe its just me but the wording of "Wife ended up saying no chocking" makes it sound like that part of the allegations has been cleared up without including additional context.

Again maybe thats just my interpretation. Thank you for sharing your thoughts.

Reactions: Michel Beauchamp

Blowfish

Count down ...
Jan 13, 2005
Southwestern Ontario
DId I read this right? Print error? "Their hair"??? meaning the kids or her and the kids????

She told Lucic they did not have the phone or know where it was and attempted to walk away, but told police that Lucic grabbed "their hair" and pulled them backward. The victim also told police that Lucic said "they would not be going anywhere".

capecodder

Jan 16, 2020
One of if not the most confusing crime scenes to make a report on is the domestic violence one. Stories change and will continue to change due to the excitement/confusion of the situation. No restraining order so that's good.

Reactions: Ladyfan

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
DId I read this right? Print error? "Their hair"??? meaning the kids or her and the kids????

She told Lucic they did not have the phone or know where it was and attempted to walk away, but told police that Lucic grabbed "their hair" and pulled them backward. The victim also told police that Lucic said "they would not be going anywhere".
That is confusing can’t see it being a print error it’s twice with their and them.

Reactions: Blowfish

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO

I could be wrong but I think that is just the choice of pronoun the writer chose to use and nothing to do with the kids.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK

The they/them refers to the caller and an attempt to keep their identity private as is customary with DV cases in MA.

It has nothing to do with the kids

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011

I would say the non-gendered pronoun is an effort to keep the identity of the victim hidden, not a reflection on the number of victims.

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
So the pretrial isn’t until January 19 ? So even if Lucic is found to be innocent after all this is it safe to see it is extremely unlikely he will play again for the Bruins this year?

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Norman, OK
I wonder if the language of the condition implies communication with the alleged victim is fine.
I have no idea. I would hope the details of the order outside of what has been disclosed remain private but given how much gossip is out there, it is only a matter of time before the entire order is released

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad