Milan Lucic over/under 5 goals

Will Milan Lucic get 5 Goals?

• Total voters

Highmarker

Oct 31, 2011
Edmonton took on an albatross contract and did not get a top 6 player at all. They got a player that requires McD and Draisatl to create the goals for him to tap in.

Neal is an absolute garbage player.

Edit: a trade for two guys that nobody else wants on their rosters is not a major trade

hahah the argument against edmonton's players is always this tired lazy one. Lucic couldn't score while playing with McDavid and Draisaitl, which is why i'm taking the under as both those guys are better than anybody he's going to play with in Calgary. Neal compliments our top 6 players very well so far and for that reason he is a top 6 player.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Lol, I guess you and I are watching different games then...

I think the 2nd pp unit with him has gained zone entry maybe twice. Otherwise, I haven't seen him make a clean pass from more than 5 feet or handle the puck cleanly once.

If I had a nickle for every time I saw that post on the Oilers board over the past 2 years... my god.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Edmonton took on an albatross contract and did not get a top 6 player at all. They got a player that requires McD and Draisatl to create the goals for him to tap in.
At least they can buy James Neal out. Lucic's contract they couldn't. It's a win for Oilers even if both players are awful.

Neal's not been awful, though. Scoring goals is something Oilers have sorely lacked. Neal almost had his 8th goal last game but the goalie made a miracle save.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
At least they can buy James Neal out. Lucic's contract they couldn't. It's a win for Oilers even if both players are awful.

Neal's not been awful, though. Scoring goals is something Oilers have sorely lacked. Neal almost had his 8th goal last game but the goalie made a miracle save.

They can buy out Lucics contract as well it isn’t line Neal has some great buy out.

I aslo didn’t realize we are now counting almost goals to try and spin things.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
They can buy out Lucics contract as well it isn’t line Neal has some great buy out.

Nothing needs to be spun here. The trade is an utter disaster for the flames right now.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

If you want we can stick to counting real goals.

7 goals.
0 goals.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
The oilers could use more garbage that score goals I guess.

looks like the flames could too.

Not a chance because the Flames gave a quality player to play with their top guys. They have no need to add a guy that can only leech off McD and score goals that any poster on HF could score if they were inserted in the line up for Neal.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Not a chance because the Flames gave a quality player to play with their top guys. They have no need to add a guy that can only leech off McD and score goals that any poster on HF could score if they were inserted in the line up for Neal.
You mean like Lucic couldn’t score?

you are aware Neal isn’t even playing 5on5 with draisaitl and McDavid right?

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
You mean like Lucic couldn’t score?

you are aware Neal isn’t even playing 5on5 with draisaitl and McDavid right?

Yes

I also realize he isn’t scoring 5 on 5.

Edit: and I think it’s very probable that Lucic is a worse player than the average HF poster at this point.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Yes

I also realize he isn’t scoring 5 on 5.

Edit: and I think it’s very probable that Lucic is a worse player than the average HF poster at this point.
He would be tied for even strength goals on the flames.

I guess he isn’t scoring 5on5.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
He would be tied for even strength goals on the flames.

I guess he isn’t scoring 5on5.

No he wouldn’t because he isn’t a top 20 forward in the Flames organization.

He would have zero goals as he isn’t close to good enough to making our roster.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

Milan Lucic and Tobias rieder made your roster.

you were saying?

I think we found Eric francis’ HF account.

Reactions: frag2

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta

Ok, but he still has 2 5v5 goals playing with Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. Mind you, RNH is a better 2nd line centre than Backlund, but he also could have had Tkachuk on his other wing who is far better than Jurco. The Flames have yet to find a winger for that line this season, and given Neal's play to start this year he certainly looks like he would have fit there. Obviously relationships were damaged and thats why he was likely traded, but lets not act like he hasn't performed better than at least 1 player (if not 2) in Calgary's top 6 this year.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Milan Lucic and Tobias rieder made your roster.

you were saying?

Reider is a clearly better player and Lucic is a mistake because they are trying to force the toughness angle. We have a lot better players than Lucic in the AHL.

So as I was saying James POS Neal would not come close to making our roster.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Ok, but he still has 2 5v5 goals playing with Ryan Nugent-Hopkins. Mind you, RNH is a better 2nd line centre than Backlund, but he also could have had Tkachuk on his other wing who is far better than Jurco. The Flames have yet to find a winger for that line this season, and given Neal's play to start this year he certainly looks like he would have fit there. Obviously relationships were damaged and thats why he was likely traded, but lets not act like he hasn't performed better than at least 1 player (if not 2) in Calgary's top 6 this year.

He hasn’t performed better than anyone in Calgary’s top 11 let alone top 6.

He was tried on the 2nd line last year and was pathetic because he has zero skill left.

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Reider is a clearly better player and Lucic is a mistake because they are trying to force the toughness angle. We have a lot better players than Lucic in the AHL.

So as I was saying James POS Neal would not come close to making our roster.
The guy who hasn’t scored a goal in since 2017/2018? Are we talking about the same player.

Reactions: McFlyingV

Mc5RingsAndABeer

5-14-6-1
May 25, 2011

If you have 20 forwards better than James "leading the NHL in goals" Neal, then the Flames should be going 82-0 with a dynasty.
The dude isn't a nobody. He was a perennial 20 goal scorer until that single season with the Flames.

Also, even if Neal becomes as useless as Lucic the Oiler still won the trade. The Flames have to waste an expansion protection slot on Lucic when Seattle joins. LOL

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
He hasn’t performed better than anyone in Calgary’s top 11 let alone top 6.

He was tried on the 2nd line last year and was pathetic because he has zero skill left.
Why do you even make a post like this when the stats indicate he has? I've watched pretty much every minute of Calgary's games this season and there's no question Neal has been a more positive contributor than the majority of their forward group. No one in their bottom 6 has looked remotely good. Backlund has looked bad. The top line has looked good on some nights, bad on others (with the exception of Gaudreau). Tkachuk has been mostly good with 1 or 2 bad games. The plethora of wingers tried on Backlund/Tkachuk's line have been completely useless.

It's early and this trend might not continue, but as of right now with the way everyone has played Neal would be a top 6 player on Calgary without question.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad