Milan Lucic over/under 5 goals

Will Milan Lucic get 5 Goals?

• Total voters

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
Probably by January when you guys are out of the playoff picture :)

tenor.gif

Self fulfilling prophecies arent normally this quick..

Well, january is an improvement. Normally HF marks our expiry date as mid December, at which point we have 4.5 months of watching McDavid "pad stats for his Art Ross win which will have an asterisk cause he doesnt need to play to win".

Fig

Absolute Horse Shirt
Dec 15, 2014
??

Even last season which was his worst, he scored 6 goals. I wouldn't bet a ton expecting him to exceed 10, but I wouldn't bet a ton that he doesn't make it to 5 either.

John Eichel da GOAT

Oct 7, 2008
Ill go with 8 just because the Flames should be ok and I could put in 8 standing in front of the net, but he is an absolute joke of a player at this point in his career. This will go down as one of the worst trades of this decade just like most predicted.

Reactions: snipes

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
LoL.
He's looked good in Calgary so far. He'll likely end up with about 10ish. We don't have top line PP minutes or top 6 minutes to spare for him.

Reactions: seguino

North Cole

♧ Lem
Jan 22, 2017
LoL.
He's looked good in Calgary so far. He'll likely end up with about 10ish. We don't have top line PP minutes or top 6 minutes to spare for him.

Seems unrealistic to score more than last year given those constraints. He got both of those things here for some time and only managed 6 goals.

seguino

Jan 7, 2013
Van
Play dies on his stick. Shouldnt be allowed to touch the puck except within 15ft of the net. If Calgary adopts this rule, he could score 10+

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
I agree the question is within the realm of possibility, but having been active in the neal 4 goal game thread, this thread came up now for a reason. Could have been asked anytime in the last few months, now it's questionable timing at best.

It's a chicken and egg situation with us Oiler fans. We get dumped on because we suck and the franchise does dumb things, so we feel slighted. Then when something remotely positive happens (like this trade), we tend to get overly in people's faces about it. Then people get in our faces the next time the franchise makes a mistake to show us up and take us down a notch. On and on, until the end of time I'm sure.

Probably true for most fanbases, but at some point all this gloating is gonna backfire on us. I'm sure it's only a matter of time until the conversations from the neal thread carry over into here. Unless this gets closed for being a lopsided thread.

Ah gotcha, I understand the sensitivity more if you're an Oilers fan- thought you might just be a cheesed off Flames fan, but seriously- Sabres fans are in the same boat. We're proud of maybe not sucking out loud for a change, but it'll quickly get thrown in our faces if we're overly proud or anything.

Reactions: North Cole

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
LoL.
I've watched 7 periods of Flames hockey through their first 3 games, you honestly think Lucic has looked good....?

Is Ryan Reaves the bar you use when it comes to an enforcer playing good?

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
I've watched 7 periods of Flames hockey through their first 3 games, you honestly think Lucic has looked good....?

Is Ryan Reaves the bar you use when it comes to an enforcer playing good?

For a guy whose role is to protect the team; I haven't been disappointed. He's being used as the 10th best forward (maybe) on the team... We're not expecting 20/20 from him.
The only folks who seem to think that Lucic has been shit for Calgary is sad Oil fans that are excited that they've found some immediate success (let's check back in by US Thanksgiving :laugh:); Calgary fans are still fine with this move.

The fact he made a guy who intimidated Calgary over the playoff series against Colorado turtle like a baby, then went toe-to-toe with another heavyweight that ran around LA/Calgary games with impunity last year... yeah. We're happy.

Reactions: Ladyfan

ijuka

May 14, 2016
For a guy whose role is to protect the team; I haven't been disappointed. He's being used as the 10th best forward (maybe) on the team... We're not expecting 20/20 from him.
The only folks who seem to think that Lucic has been **** for Calgary is sad Oil fans that are excited that they've found some immediate success (let's check back in by US Thanksgiving :laugh:); Calgary fans are still fine with this move.

The fact he made a guy who intimidated Calgary over the playoff series against Colorado turtle like a baby, then went toe-to-toe with another heavyweight that ran around LA/Calgary games with impunity last year... yeah. We're happy.
You realize you could just have brought up Anthony Peluso, and you'd have a clearly better fighter than Lucic and probably as good a player? You had him on your team last season!

It's just absurd to me hearing Flames fans talk about this having been something they missed when Anthony Peluso was under contract with them. Do you even know who he is?

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
You realize you could just have brought up Anthony Peluso, and you'd have a clearly better fighter than Lucic and probably as good a player? You had him on your team last season!

It's just absurd to me hearing Flames fans talk about this having been something they missed when Anthony Peluso was under contract with them. Do you even know who he is?

Anthony Peluso is barely AHL caliber. Lucic has been a perfectly fine NHLer for us so far. As I said, the folks who are shitting on him, aren’t Calgary fans. Looch isn’t a liability on the ice, His skating has been really solid, much better than advertised, his board work is great. The toughness just puts it together for us.

I’m happy you guys are pumped about 3 games of Neal, it’s a lot better than 3 months of pointless hockey after being essentially eliminated in December.

Reactions: Schred

Skolman

Feb 16, 2018
The only folks who seem to think that Lucic has been **** for Calgary is sad Oil fans that are excited that they've found some immediate success (let's check back in by US Thanksgiving :laugh:); Calgary fans are still fine with this move.

Anthony Peluso is barely AHL caliber. Lucic has been a perfectly fine NHLer for us so far. As I said, the folks who are ****ting on him, aren’t Calgary fans. Looch isn’t a liability on the ice, His skating has been really solid, much better than advertised, his board work is great. The toughness just puts it together for us.

I’m happy you guys are pumped about 3 games of Neal, it’s a lot better than 3 months of pointless hockey after being essentially eliminated in December.
You must just have a different way of evaluating a players impact out there, compared to Non-Flames fans.

Reactions: TopCheese

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017

A Calgary fan would know a good turtle when he sees one.

ijuka

May 14, 2016
Anthony Peluso is barely AHL caliber. Lucic has been a perfectly fine NHLer for us so far. As I said, the folks who are ****ting on him, aren’t Calgary fans. Looch isn’t a liability on the ice, His skating has been really solid, much better than advertised, his board work is great. The toughness just puts it together for us.

Yeah, ok.

My point was that if Flames were missing a face puncher last playoffs, they had one under contract and didn't need to make an awful trade for Lucic. The 4mil+ saved would have allowed them to have a net improvement on the team's forwards even if Peluso is a weaker player than Lucic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad