Milan Lucic over/under 5 goals

Will Milan Lucic get 5 Goals?

• Total voters

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
It's not a bad thread, it's a bad player. You may question OP's motives, but the actual question is debatable.

Anyways, I say 5 exactly. It takes until the dying seconds of the last game, Lucic beats the clock to score on an empty net. The bench erupts, fans break down in tears, Lucic takes a lap around the ice to the tune of the Rocky theme.
op motives obviously a totally evil and genius attempt to infuriate flame fans :naughty:

djpatm

Feb 2, 2010
Calgary
LoL.
He's looked good in Calgary so far. He'll likely end up with about 10ish. We don't have top line PP minutes or top 6 minutes to spare for him.

I wouldn't say that. He looks just like last years Neal but one who hits and gets in people's faces.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
If nothing else, this trade is pure comedy to watch Calgary fans squirm and try desperately to spin that they actually like Lucic.

A few months ago this guy was complete dog crap to Flames fans. Now after putting on the sweater and getting a complete PIMs while looking as useless as ever, hes the PWF theyve been looking for

lemon.jpg

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
If nothing else, this trade is pure comedy to watch Calgary fans squirm and try desperately to spin that they actually like Lucic.

A few months ago this guy was complete dog crap to Flames fans. Now after putting on the sweater and getting a complete PIMs while looking as useless as ever, hes the PWF theyve been looking for

lemon.jpg

I think you are missing the words some and a few in that post.

Lucic is hardly liked by all, let alone most Flames fans and I am not sure there is a lot of cross over or people saying he was crap before and now saying he is good for the Flames.

I know for me Lucic was garbage before he came to Calgary and is still garbage now.

The vast majority of spin is coming from Edmonton trying to act as though this is some major trade when it fact it was trash for trash.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I think you are missing the words some and a few in that post.

Lucic is hardly liked by all, let alone most Flames fans and I am not sure there is a lot of cross over or people saying he was crap before and now saying he is good for the Flames.

I know for me Lucic was garbage before he came to Calgary and is still garbage now.

The vast majority of spin is coming from Edmonton trying to act as though this is some major trade when it fact it was trash for trash.
It is a fairly major trade so far. Edmonton got out of an albatross of a contract and got a top 6 player which they desperately needed. Characterizing Neal as trash based on one bad year in Calgary is simply not accurate.

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
LoL.
He's looked good in Calgary so far. He'll likely end up with about 10ish. We don't have top line PP minutes or top 6 minutes to spare for him.
How on earth is he likely to end up with 10ish? He has 1 shot on goal through 4 games. He scored 6 last season despite getting a decent chunk of McDavid, Drai, Nuge and PP time. I think he'll be lucky to match his 6 goals from last season.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
It is a fairly major trade so far. Edmonton got out of an albatross of a contract and got a top 6 player which they desperately needed. Characterizing Neal as trash based on one bad year in Calgary is simply not accurate.

Edmonton took on an albatross contract and did not get a top 6 player at all. They got a player that requires McD and Draisatl to create the goals for him to tap in.

Neal is an absolute garbage player.

Edit: a trade for two guys that nobody else wants on their rosters is not a major trade

Last edited:

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
Edmonton took on an albatross contract and did not get a top 6 player at all. They got a player that requires McD and Draisatl to create the goals for him to tap in.

Garbage player. 7 goals through 4 games, but garbage player. Consistent 20 goal+ scorer his entire career until last season, but he's a garbage player. Looks like it's going to take awhile for some Flames fans to come to grips with the reality of the situation, you gifted the Oilers exactly what they needed and took one of the worst players and contracts in the entire NHL in return for him. Ouch!

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Garbage player. 7 goals through 4 games, but garbage player. Consistent 20 goal+ scorer his entire career until last season, but he's a garbage player. Looks like it's going to take awhile for some Flames fans to come to grips with the reality of the situation, you gifted the Oilers exactly what they needed and took one of the worst players and contracts in the entire NHL in return for him. Ouch!

Exactly what they needed? They already had Chiasson on their roster if they needed someone to leech off of McD and Draisatl.

And yes he is a garbage player which is why no team wanted to trade for him when he was clearly available.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
Exactly what they needed? They already had Chiasson on their roster if they needed someone to leech off of McD and Draisatl.

And yes he is a garbage player which is why no team wanted to trade for him when he was clearly available.

They needed 18-20 goals from that Lucic spot, not having that absolutely is one of the key reasons the team has fallen off from 16-17 season. You can't bet so hard on a player like Lucic and then have his offence literally evaporate to like a 6 goal range when he's making that kind of money.

Frankly I don't really care what the name on the jersey is, it could be the ghost of Theo Fleury for all I care, just score the damn goals or not. We need 18-20 goals from that spot, 6 goals that Lucic was providing doesn't cut it for us, it was part of what was killing us.

If you can score 18-22 ish goals at least it means you can at least play in the top 6 rotation, the rate Lucic was scoring at was that of a 4th line player, that's not workable for any top six.

Maybe the Flames can afford it, but we couldn't afford to have $6 million of our cap eaten up by a player who produces less than Patrick Maroon does for $900k salary and getting bailed out of that was a tremendous bounce for us.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
They needed 18-20 goals from that Lucic spot, not having that absolutely is one of the key reasons the team has fallen off from 16-17 season. You can't bet so hard on a player like Lucic and then have his offence literally evaporate to like a 6 goal range when he's making that kind of money.

Frankly I don't really care what the name on the jersey is, it could be the ghost of Theo Fleury for all I care, just score the damn goals or not. We need 18-20 goals from that spot, 6 goals that Lucic was providing doesn't cut it for us, it was part of what was killing us.

If you can score 18-22 ish goals at least it means you can at least play in the top 6 rotation, the rate Lucic was scoring at was that of a 4th line player, that's not workable for any top six.

Maybe the Flames can afford it, but we couldn't afford to have $6 million of our cap eaten up by a player who produces less than Patrick Maroon does for $900k salary and getting bailed out of that was a tremendous bounce for us.

similar to James Neal and the Flames we couldn’t afford to have a guy making 5.25 and being less effective than Dalton sprout or Alan Quine.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
similar to James Neal and the Flames we couldn’t afford to have a guy making 5.25 and being less effective than Dalton sprout or Alan Quine.

That's fine, honestly though you guys probably could've signed Patrick Maroon for 900k and he's a better player than Lucic by a fair margin I would say while bringing toughness, I was actually kinda worried that would happen.

It's not even like Neal was producing nothing, he was producing about 0.48 ppg with Bennett and Jankowski as his linemates as he settled into a different role in the 2nd half of the season ... that's not bad production for a bottom six player at all, I doubt Lucic can even come close to matching that.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC

Edit: a trade for two guys that nobody else wants on their rosters is not a major trade
You’re half right. Lucic is garbage. Neal is a good player who has proven over the years that he can play in the top 6. Long story short: the Flames GM got taken to the cleaners.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
He’s a blackhole in every aspect of the game.

I’ll be surprised if he gets 50 shots at this point.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
You’re half right. Lucic is garbage. Neal is a good player who has proven over the years that he can play in the top 6. Long story short: the Flames GM got taken to the cleaners.

Plenty of players have struggled once reaching their 30’s.

Thd Flames has a huge hole in their 2nd line and Neal wasnt close to good enough to fill it.

If Neal is so great how come zero other teams had interest in him? It wasn’t a secret that he was available and there have been zero reports of other teams that were interested.

When all you give up is a washed up Neal there is no chance anyone got taken to the cleaners.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Plenty of players have struggled once reaching their 30’s.

Thd Flames has a huge hole in their 2nd line and Neal wasnt close to good enough to fill it.

If Neal is so great how come zero other teams had interest in him? It wasn’t a secret that he was available and there have been zero reports of other teams that were interested.

When all you give up is a washed up Neal there is no chance anyone got taken to the cleaners.
Oh come on. Every team gets fleeced. Take your lumps and move on.

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
Oh come on. Every team gets fleeced. Take your lumps and move on.

who said every team doesn’t get fleeced?

There are no lumps to take because this wasn’t a fleecing. The Flames are a better team without James Neal on it. He isn’t good enough to help the team.

The same is true of Lucic who should be in the PB.

No matter how much you try to spin it losing Neal is not even close to a fleecing. He is not close to a good enough player to be considered a fleecing.

super6646

Apr 16, 2018
Calgary
LoL.

Lol, I guess you and I are watching different games then...

I think the 2nd pp unit with him has gained zone entry maybe twice. Otherwise, I haven't seen him make a clean pass from more than 5 feet or handle the puck cleanly once.

Ctrain2k

Dec 3, 2016
who said every team doesn’t get fleeced?

There are no lumps to take because this wasn’t a fleecing. The Flames are a better team without James Neal on it. He isn’t good enough to help the team.

The same is true of Lucic who should be in the PB.

No matter how much you try to spin it losing Neal is not even close to a fleecing. He is not close to a good enough player to be considered a fleecing.

I agree the flames are probably better off without the version of James Neal they got, but it’s absolutely a fleecing strictly because they have Lucic now I’m not even sure he’s good enough to be anywhere higher than the 4th line of an ahl team. He’s a complete liability in every sense of the game, at least Neal was cheaper and you could buy out his contract.

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Baxterman

Aug 27, 2017
I agree the flames are probably better off without the version of James Neal they got, but it’s absolutely a fleecing strictly because they have Lucic now I’m not even sure he’s good enough to be anywhere higher than the 4th line of an ahl team. He’s a complete liability in every sense of the game, at least Neal was cheaper and you could buy out his contract.

Buying out Neals contract would have been a terrible option.

But even if it wasn’t that isn’t a fleecing. Nobody in the league wanted Neal. He had no value. I know message boards are often about making extreme comments but a deal involving a terrible player on a bad contract that nobody wanted is not a fleecing.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad