Mikko Rantanen Part IV - Baby Got Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raucherhusten

Unselfish Gif Lover
Aug 24, 2017
Over the rainbow
Honestly, we shouldn't be stressed about it either. It'll happen as we get closer to camp, he isn't the type to hold out over a few million dollars. Sakic knows he needs to keep him, but of course he wants to negotiate and try to keep the AAV down knowing how cap strapped we're going to be soon.
Absolutly. Mikko wants to be here and Joe wants him here. They will find a solution that suits both sides pretty soon.

Reactions: klozge

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
Just sign a 8 year 80 mill and get it over with. That's alot of money which he'll be making in his 20s, and he'll get another solid contract when he's 30 and UFA.

Get her done!!!

avsfan09

Dec 17, 2010
Nova Scotia
"I believe we can take one step ahead," Rantanen said. "Second round last spring was good, but we were in Game 7, one win away from reaching the conference final. We have a stronger team now, so the expectations are high. You need depth to be able to win. Look at [the] St. Louis [Blues], they had four good lines, as did [the] Boston [Bruins]. You don't win the Stanley Cup if you don't have depth."

I like this attitude and it's nice that he agrees that we are a stronger team this season than last even without Barrie. He doesn't seem that concerned about it at all.

BrickNHL

Feb 25, 2019
"I believe we can take one step ahead," Rantanen said. "Second round last spring was good, but we were in Game 7, one win away from reaching the conference final. We have a stronger team now, so the expectations are high. You need depth to be able to win. Look at [the] St. Louis [Blues], they had four good lines, as did [the] Boston [Bruins]. You don't win the Stanley Cup if you don't have depth."

I like this attitude and it's nice that he agrees that we are a stronger team this season than last even without Barrie. He doesn't seem that concerned about it at all.

Not a fan of the disrespect towards Gourque

Foxtail

Mar 31, 2018
Nova Scotia

Mack said the same things as well

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland
Reactions: torniojaws

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Mikko Rantanen travels to Norway to train with Storhamar IL. That team is coached by Miika Elomo and Petteri Nummelin who are also from Turku.
According to Elomo, the player will stay there for a week but it's possible that he comes back later in fall (probably if no deal is signed with Colorado Avalanche).
Yllätyspäätös! NHL-supertähti Mikko Rantanen siirtyy Norjaan harjoittelemaan – villi spekulaatio ensi kauden joukkueesta: ”Toivomme, että Mikko saa asiansa kuntoon”

From what I've heard from friends, he's been working crazy hard this summer. He's planning to be on top of the charts (which is very likely if he ends up in Norway)

scholl

Jun 26, 2019
Helsinki, Finland
From what I've heard from friends, he's been working crazy hard this summer. He's planning to be on top of the charts (which is very likely if he ends up in Norway)

He started training later this year because of an injury but he has been working out 8 times a week like Laine and Kakko concentrating on speed and explosiveness.
71-vuotias fysiikkaguru sparraa omalla rautakuurillaan NHL-tähtiä huippukuntoon – Laine, Rantanen ja Kakko hikoilevat raakaa voimaa nopeudeksi

Aurinko

Apr 1, 2015
Finland
Reactions: Mac2Rants

expatriatedtexan

Habitual Line Stepper
Aug 17, 2005
Sean McIndoe is one of my favorite reads on the athletic. From today: DGB Grab Bag: About those unsigned RFAs, in defense of a bad...

From the headlines

We’re into late August, and the biggest story in the NHL might be the lack of RFA signings. While we’ve seen deals get done for players like Sebastian Aho and Jacob Trouba, most of the big names remain unsigned with the start of camp just a few weeks away.
So what’s going on? I had my spies check in with various top RFAs around the league to get an update on how talks are going.

Mikko Rantanen: Every time he starts his speech about just wanting to be paid what the market says a player of his talent is worth, he gets awkwardly interrupted by Nathan MacKinnon asking “Wait, you’re allowed to do that?”

Reactions: Bubba Thudd

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Their home, not my home. Lol, sorry for the confusion. I’m ‘Murican, though I did spend my youth in Holland.

If only there were some halfway decent articles about Daniel Sprong. I did see about 10 write-ups on why you should pick someone ahead of Sprong in your fantasy pool though. :laugh:

Reactions: tigervixxxen

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
I cant read the entire thing for some reason, but I'll take your word for it

I am not saying that I give it any credence, but that it certainly appears that he is implying that Rantanen will be signed soon to a deal. I am not sure how it would be interpreted differently.

In any event, I have a more pessimistic view of how the negotiations with Rantanen will proceed, based primarily on the unique situation facing the large group of prominent, unsigned RFAs.

Reactions: the_fan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad