Mikko Rantanen Part IV - Baby Got Back

Status
Not open for further replies.

Peter The Great
Aug 17, 2005
Sweden
We had people from Finland yesterday visiting my work, started bragging about Rantanten.

I felt it was too much and made it clear Rantanen wouldn't be on top if it wasn't for Landeskog. ;-)

My manager told us to stop this conversation and we did...

Last edited:

RandomAvsFan

Jun 27, 2016
Denver, Colorado
f5lnmnz86g521.jpg

hooverdam

Feb 21, 2013
It's absolutely wild to me that Rantanen is poised to match or beat out that insane Crosby start from 2010 in terms of point production. Just ludicrous. I'm too young to have followed most of the scoring records Rants and Mack are keeping company with this season, but I remember that Crosby one very vividly.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
If he hits 70 at game 41, I will lose my mind lol he would have to slightly raise his pace, but 12 points in 6 games isn't out of the question. Just an unbelievable season so far.

At this point it's up to sakic and the rest of the team to step up and become a contender next season. This line should be hot for years to come. Probbaly not this hot, but they will be great for years.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Dater was on NHL Radio with Scott Laughlin and Mike Johnson and reiterated that he thinks Mikko will sign a short bridge deal, to which the two hosts said "Whaaaaaaa...?" AD said he and his agent want to wait until they hit UFA age before signing the big contract. Johnson still seemed incredulous and said (I'm paraphrasing here) "You're already leading the league in scoring, what more can you do?" Laughlin was so stunned he completely misunderstood AD and thought it was the Avs who were gunning for the short-term deal, Johnson corrected him.

2 longterm deals make so much more sense to Rants than a bridge+ longterm deal.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Dater was on NHL Radio with Scott Laughlin and Mike Johnson and reiterated that he thinks Mikko will sign a short bridge deal, to which the two hosts said "Whaaaaaaa...?" AD said he and his agent want to wait until they hit UFA age before signing the big contract. Johnson still seemed incredulous and said (I'm paraphrasing here) "You're already leading the league in scoring, what more can you do?" Laughlin was so stunned he completely misunderstood AD and thought it was the Avs who were gunning for the short-term deal, Johnson corrected him.

Yeah, I have to believe Dater is confused at this point, because he seems to have no comprehension that what he is saying does not make much logical sense.

Even if Mikko wants to wait it out with short term bridge deals, he would need to sign at least a 4 year deal to reach UFA status. Also, I thought someone pointed out recently that Mikko wanted to sign a long term deal based on a Finnish interview.

Reactions: CobraAcesS

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
While I agree it is a laughable offer at this point... does anybody really believe that is out of character for the Avalanche? It would fit under the newly established MacKinnon cap...

Reactions: Pokecheque
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad