Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokecheque

Whack it Hard to Girard
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2003
The Middle West
www.armoredheadspace.com
Dater was on NHL Radio with Scott Laughlin and Mike Johnson and reiterated that he thinks Mikko will sign a short bridge deal, to which the two hosts said "Whaaaaaaa...?" AD said he and his agent want to wait until they hit UFA age before signing the big contract. Johnson still seemed incredulous and said (I'm paraphrasing here) "You're already leading the league in scoring, what more can you do?" Laughlin was so stunned he completely misunderstood AD and thought it was the Avs who were gunning for the short-term deal, Johnson corrected him.

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
Dater was on NHL Radio with Scott Laughlin and Mike Johnson and reiterated that he thinks Mikko will sign a short bridge deal, to which the two hosts said "Whaaaaaaa...?" AD said he and his agent want to wait until they hit UFA age before signing the big contract. Johnson still seemed incredulous and said (I'm paraphrasing here) "You're already leading the league in scoring, what more can you do?" Laughlin was so stunned he completely misunderstood AD and thought it was the Avs who were gunning for the short-term deal, Johnson corrected him.

So Dater thinks Mikko is our next ROR, except worth it?

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
Lol why would he risk a big pay day, a young and up and coming team, living in a great city like Denver, and also playing on a line with Nathan MacKinnon??? I appreciate Daters work, but I would be shocked to see him sign a bridge deal.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
Throughout most of last year I said I'd offer him 8x8. Right now I'd offer him 8x10 and pray he took it.

If I were to offer him, say, 4x... I don't know, 12? I'd fire myself for my own stupidity. Par for the course for Dater, sadly.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
If/when he does sign long term, guaranteed Dater will quickly tweet something out like "over the past few weeks Mikko's camp has been growing more open to a long term deal."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->