Mikko Rantanen Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I think people are starting to realize that Mikko will most likely be an $8-9M player in this league soon, and soon after that Nate will probably be a $10-11M player. Maybe even more with Nate if he dominates every year.

I’m thinking Mikko signs for 9 at minimum at this point. I mean he dropped 84 last year and has 9 in 6 while still not finding his scoring touch. The guy is just an incredible player. Also am I crazy for thinking he might just be better than Laine?

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
I’m thinking Mikko signs for 9 at minimum at this point. I mean he dropped 84 last year and has 9 in 6 while still not finding his scoring touch. The guy is just an incredible player.

I guess we'll have to see what kind of numbers he puts up this year, and also how he looks in the playoffs if the Avs make it.

More than $9M might be pretty tough though coming out of his ELC. If he goes bridge for like $6M x 2 or something, I could definitely see him getting $9M+ on the next deal though.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
I guess we'll have to see what kind of numbers he puts up this year, and also how he looks in the playoffs if the Avs make it.

More than $9M might be pretty tough though coming out of his ELC. If he goes bridge for like $6M x 2 or something, I could definitely see him getting $9M+ on the next deal though.

True. But still, 20 goals as a rookie, 84 points as a sophomore, and let’s assume he puts up 84 again this year. That’s a ridiculous first 3 years.

Reactions: Waingro

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
I’m thinking Mikko signs for 9 at minimum at this point. I mean he dropped 84 last year and has 9 in 6 while still not finding his scoring touch. The guy is just an incredible player. Also am I crazy for thinking he might just be better than Laine?
You're not. Or at least with this matter;) I have watched couple of Jets games and if I'd have to choose between this season's Rantanen versus this season's Laine I would take Rantanen hands down. Laine has been almost bad. Very disapointing start.

It will be a very interesting summer because there are so many good young players getting their first big contract:
Matthews
Marner
Rantanen
Aho
Laine
maybe Barzal, Boeser etc...
Will it be a waiting game for those guys who signs first and what's the figure? Matthews will probably get a contract which is out of reach for rest of those guys but other than that it will be interesting.

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 18, 2016
You're not. Or at least with this matter;) I have watched couple of Jets games and if I'd have to choose between this season's Rantanen versus this season's Laine I would take Rantanen hands down. Laine has been almost bad. Very disapointing start.

It will be a very interesting summer because there are so many good young players getting their first big contract:
Matthews
Marner
Rantanen
Aho
Laine
maybe Barzal, Boeser etc...
Will it be a waiting game for those guys who signs first and what's the figure? Matthews will probably get a contract which is out of reach for rest of those guys but other than that it will be interesting.

I don’t wanna base Laine vs Rants only on this season. It’s only been a few games and it’s clear to anyone that Laine is just going through a little slump. But Rantanens all round offensive game is just incredible where I think Laine is a bit more one dimensional. I mean he clearly has the better shot and scoring ability, but from what I’ve seen Rants may be the better player overall. Maybe.

Reactions: Lemonlimey

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
And also I think Mikko is better fit for Mac than Laine.

I know this might be blasphemy, but could you imagine if drafted Barkov and got Laine it get Kakko. Team Finland young gun line would be pretty unreal:
Laine-Barkov-Rantanen

In any event, I hope we get a contract that is inline with Pastrnak so with inflation hopefully around 7.2-7.5mil.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I know this might be blasphemy, but could you imagine if drafted Barkov and got Laine it get Kakko. Team Finland young gun line would be pretty unreal:
Laine-Barkov-Rantanen

In any event, I hope we get a contract that is inline with Pastrnak so with inflation hopefully around 7.2-7.5mil.
We'd have the entirety of Finland in the palm of our hands.

Lemonlimey

Apr 1, 2014
Crestone
I really believe even we Avs fans, maybe just speaking for myself, are just even still starting to figure out just how special Mikko is. I believe he has been our best skater so far this season, seeing things even above and beyond the step up he took last season. This is a 100 point ceiling player. on top of an astounding all around game and uncanny bodywork on the boards. Ya ok, I’m gushing now.

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
We'd have the entirety of Finland in the palm of our hands.

It’d be pretty cool to have an entire country rooting for us. Every young Fin would wanna come her for decades to come!

Imo they’ve jumped ahead of Sweden and Russia to the third best hockey players in the world with Canada and America being one and two.

hold3n

Registered Loser
Jul 15, 2011
London, ON
I believe by the end of his career, outside of Avs fans, everyone will think he was MacKinnon's Robin. When really we have two Batmans Spidermans.
hX6NO2q.png

hockeyviking

Jan 8, 2012
malmo
It’d be pretty cool to have an entire country rooting for us. Every young Fin would wanna come her for decades to come!

Imo they’ve jumped ahead of Sweden and Russia to the third best hockey players in the world with Canada and America being one and two.
Not yet Swedens D makes the difference

Perratrooper

May 26, 2016
Alberta
Not yet Swedens D makes the difference

For now, Heiskanen is looking pretty good though and their forwards include: Laine, Rantanen, Aho, Barkov, Teravinen, Granlund and even poolparty ain’t bad. Their D includes Vatanen, Ristolinen and Heiskanen. With Kakko coming in hot too.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
I really believe even we Avs fans, maybe just speaking for myself, are just even still starting to figure out just how special Mikko is. I believe he has been our best skater so far this season, seeing things even above and beyond the step up he took last season. This is a 100 point ceiling player. on top of an astounding all around game and uncanny bodywork on the boards. Ya ok, I’m gushing now.

I was sold on him at the WJC and thought he would be an awesome winger for Duchene. I never would have thought he put up this many points this early. I always figured him to be a 65-70 pts guy in his prime. To think there were people on here pissed we took him and not Crouse meanwhile on the Panthers forum they were losing their minds haha.

Reactions: Perratrooper

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach

Speak for yourself. Some of us were praying for him to get locked up longterm at 7-8M per.

Lemonlimey

Apr 1, 2014
Crestone
Speak for yourself. Some of us were praying for him to get locked up longterm at 7-8M per.

I think we were prepare to offer that but it makes too much sense to Mikko’s agent to wait one more year. He won’t play any games though, he will be open to taking 8 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad