Mikko Rantanen Part III

Status
Not open for further replies.

Murzu

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 23, 2013
Finland
Pasta got 6,6 mil. Gotta think Rants gets something like that.

Something like that. Some things to consider though:

- Pasta signed his deal when the salary cap was a little lower

- Pasta signed his deal after one close to PPG season (30+ goals tho, mark that Mikko hasn't yet broken even though he came close to it, so let's call Pastas 2016-2017 season as good as Mikkos last season which was a little over PPG)
* If Mikko would had signed new contract this summer, it would had been pretty identical to Pastas contract. Take into account the increase in salary cap, I'd say it would had been ~7-7.25M x six years. They're getting more proven Mikko though if he keeps up a good level of play. Pasta was signed long term after one great season, Mikko will be signed after two great seasons.

- After saying that, I also hope Mikko gets seven or eight years instead of six like Pasta got, which makes the AAV of Mikkos contract higher.
* If Mikko hits ~80-90 points, I'm going to guess his AAV will be higher than 8M per season, especially if it's seven or eight year deal.

Reactions: Aleksis

Mac2Rants

Sep 25, 2017
NS
Told ya guys early last year he would be a stud 85+pt guy and yall just said pump the tires haha happy to see I was right. I still believe Jost will be 60 pt 2nd liner.

Goulet17

May 22, 2003
Just saw the NHL tonight three stars for the evening -

1-Matt Murray
2-Gabriel Landeskog
3-Connor McDavid

It certainly fits into the narrative of this thread IMO.

Reactions: Foppberg

22FUTON9

Jun 30, 2010
God I hope he doesn’t sign for 10 but if he brings up Draisaitls contract (dumb contract #1) and Eichels contract (dumb contract #2) and Marners if he signs later than that we might not have a choice depending on how the year plays out

BleedWell

Jan 6, 2018
Could see him signing something like 8x8. Don’t think he will go to the 10m territory.
No way he signs that contract if he goes 90-100 points this season. I mean if he takes only 8million it will be 5-6 years. And what ever the dollar amount will be I think his contract will be most likely 6-7 years.
My guess is 9m/7years.

AvsFan29

Mar 15, 2018
8.5x8 and I couldn't be happier. My guess is it ends up being closer to 10.

MarkT

Heretic
Nov 11, 2017
I don't really care what salary he gets. He'll get paid whatever the market and the negotiation process determine.

What I'm here to say is this: there's a great quote from the Lord of the Rings that applies to Rantanen.
Gandalf says: "The Ents are going to wake up...and find that they are strong."

Since last season I've been saying that quote in my head whenever I watch Rantanen. Until now he's played mostly as a finesse player, but in the last two games in particular, he's started to really use his size, and I think he's starting to realize how much easier the game is and how much more effective he is when he uses his body to push people around and protect the puck. If he can keep this up, it could be the beginning of superstardom for him, because with his combination of size, speed and skill there are very few teams in the league who can consistently stop both him and MacKinnon. Even watching his post-game interview just now, he seems to have matured quite a bit since last season and his confidence and assertiveness are noticeably stronger.

Last season was all about MacKinnon finally figuring it out. I'm starting to think this season will be about Rantanen challenging MacKinnon for the title of best player on the team.

Foppberg

Nov 20, 2016
Summerside, PEI
I don't really care what salary he gets. He'll get paid whatever the market and the negotiation process determine.

What I'm here to say is this: there's a great quote from the Lord of the Rings that applies to Rantanen.
Gandalf says: "The Ents are going to wake up...and find that they are strong."

Since last season I've been saying that quote in my head whenever I watch Rantanen
. Until now he's played mostly as a finesse player, but in the last two games in particular, he's started to really use his size, and I think he's starting to realize how much easier the game is and how much more effective he is when he uses his body to push people around and protect the puck. If he can keep this up, it could be the beginning of superstardom for him, because with his combination of size, speed and skill there are very few teams in the league who can consistently stop both him and MacKinnon. Even watching his post-game interview just now, he seems to have matured quite a bit since last season and his confidence and assertiveness are noticeably stronger.

Last season was all about MacKinnon finally figuring it out. I'm starting to think this season will be about Rantanen challenging MacKinnon for the title of best player on the team.

giphy.gif

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Pasta got 6,6 mil. Gotta think Rants gets something like that.

Not a chance.

Pasta signed after 1 70 point season, Rants already has 1 80+ point season and going strong this season, then add 2 years difference in signing and hopefully 8 years instead of 6.

GigaChad

Oct 9, 2013
Is Mikko really that much better than last season? Last season this topic would have been full of ranting and blasting but now the tone has changed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->