Mikko Rantanen 10th Overall 2015 NHL Entry Draft l Signed to ELC 7/13/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
hope he goes to the A but is that ass clown coach from Cleveland still coaching the kids on the new farm? If so leave the boy in Finland

That really is a major concern.
Maybe he should play another season in Finland.

Which would suck because he should transition to the smaller ice asap.

But I want to keep him away from Dean as far as possible.

Maybe we should just rush him.

So far I have been very pleased with the Avs offseason. Retaining Dean is a major negative, though.

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
He has the body type to play in the NHL next year. When he gets to camp and plays some preseason games, we'll have a better idea of where he stands.

I won't be surprised if he gets 9 games to start, at least. I would really like to see him play in the AHL, and when he's interviewed in Denver on Monday, I hope someone asks him.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
He has the body type to play in the NHL next year. When he gets to camp and plays some preseason games, we'll have a better idea of where he stands.

I won't be surprised if he gets 9 games to start, at least. I would really like to see him play in the AHL, and when he's interviewed in Denver on Monday, I hope someone asks him.

he recently said he has to think what is better for his development (AHL or FEL if he doesn't make NHL).

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
It only burns a year of his contract if he plays 10 NHL games. AHL wouldn't burn a year.

Actually I was referring to the 40 game threshold to count as a year of accrued service towards UFA. I thought it was 40 pro games, but after re-reading the wording, it looks like it's 40 games on an NHL teams active roster. So that wouldn't affect him either if they kept him in the A more than half the season.

I'm a bit surprised the NHLPA would let a player play a full year of pro hockey in the A and not have it burn the first year of an ELC or count as a year of accrued service towards UFA. Guess they didn't care much about European's that might be in that situation when they negotiated.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I'd like him in the A next year and in a position to be called up, or straight to the NHL. It may burn a year of his contract but it's better that having to waste over $4 million on a career 35 point player in the free agent market. I like Rantanen as the 3 RW. I like it a lot.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
I'm happy for you guys, really wanted him at 13,
and as a finn who's a fan of him I'll be watching how he does and plays.

I have a feeling he'll be a huge player for you real soon.

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
Crouse and Rantanen were my top choices for our first. Really didn't care which one. The only reason I would have leaned to Rantanen is because he could go to the AHL if not making the Avs out of camp. So I am very happy with this pick. I think he will stick on the team. He would look really good on the 3rd line.

Roy feels really strong about having a good start this season so if he is ready, he'll use him I think.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Our finnish members are responsible to finding information in Finland on if he plans to stay in SM-Liiga or play in the AHL. :)

He said something like

"I will do whatever it takes to win a roster spot next year"

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
I really like the flexibility of having him in the AHL next season. If he's great he can be called up at any time. Big difference vs NA junior aged players

Metallo

NWOBHM forever \m/
Feb 14, 2010
Québec, QC
hockey in FEL is fairly similar to NA hockey though. his teams home rink is also only about 6 feet wider than NA rinks.

Really?

The schedule is much shorter in FEL vs AHL and I would guess that the brand of hockey is also nastier in the AHL. More travel in the AHL. The size of the rink is still larger in FEL.

All of that would be adjustments he'd have to make.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad