Mikko Rantanen 10th Overall 2015 NHL Entry Draft l Signed to ELC 7/13/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChicagoBullsFan

Jun 6, 2015
Finland
Coach Patrick Roy got what he wanted.
Mikko Rantanen is coming to denver.

What all of you AVS fans thought this pick?.
I think this was solid pick and it'll be worth in 2-3 yrs.

Rantanen is almost perfect package as NHL player and he's ready for NHL.
If Rantanen gets spot for AVS season opening roster after autumns training camp.
What's are his chances to represent Team Finland in Home World Juniors in Helsinki this December?.

After embarrassing 7th place in 2015 World Juniors all of Finns including me has huge expectations our home world junior tournament.
7th place again is not allowed in our home ice.

Or is it better develop Rantanen in AHL or let him play one more season in his youth team TPS Turku.
One thing is sure Rantanen i'll be one Team Finland's key players in home world juniors.
And that's why we ( Finns) hope he's available.

[nhl]831061[/nhl]

here is the Rantanen pick with Sportsnet coverage if anyone wants to re-watch it.

Last edited by a moderator:

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
http://espn.go.com/nhl/insider/story/_/id/13153941/live-pick-pick-player-analysis-2015-nhl-draft
Team fit: Rantanen is interesting just due to how incredible he played versus men for the last half of the season, essentially carrying his very poor team some nights. He becomes Colorado's top prospect, in a team currently still rebuilding, he provides a scorer with size they don't have in their organization. Rantanen is AHL-ready should the Avs choose to bring him over right away.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Mike Chambers ‏@MikeChambers 57s58 seconds ago
Joe Sakic said #Avs were so high on Rantenen, they tried trading up to top 8. Very surprised he was at 10

Wow, imagine if they traded up and skipped on Werenski haha

Reactions: Murzu

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
I'd consider straight to NHL unless we pick up a RW in free agency.

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
Joe Sakic said #Avs were so high on Rantenen, they tried trading up to top 8. Very surprised he was at 10

That's very good to hear, I'm excited to see this guy out there in the coming seasons.

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL

Don't want to imagine that.

I guess the Caps love their goalies. How many have they taken in the top 2 rounds now? 3-4?

The Mars Volchenkov

Mar 31, 2002
Colorado
It would be awesome to have this guy come to NA a year early to get used to the NA game. It's an ideal situation. He may even get a few games in the NHL.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Really? I haven't been about to scout this guy very much but that's VERY positive.

Potentially 3rd line with Grieg?

Yep. I'd prefer it over a FA acquisition on offense, since we need that cap space to build a dynasty. Only acquisition I want is Sekera.

Qurpiz

Carry me home!
Nov 5, 2006
Awesome, awesome awesome.

But like I said in the draft thread before picking him, don't think he's NHL ready in October. But with McGinn gone too seems like he'll get every opportunity to take a spot.

S E P H

Cloud IX
Mar 5, 2010
Toruń, PL
Sorry to all the Crouse fans here, but I am truly ****in' ecstatic that Rantanen is part of our organization. Definitely one of my favourite players in a long time for a draft.

Now JF can watch the Avs again after Landeskog. :sarcasm:

Puckstop40

Aug 23, 2009
Las Vegas, NV
Rantanen is going to be awesome and I'm very happy we were able to get him. Can't wait to see him in the lineup even if its a year or so away. Does he have a shot of making the team next season?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->