Mikko Rantanen 10th Overall 2015 NHL Entry Draft l Signed to ELC 7/13/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
13 points in 10 games now in the AHL. Seems to be more comfortable and probably gaining confidence.

Wonder what the plan is for him. Leave him there until after the World Juniors and then make a decision or could we see him back soon?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
13 points in 10 games now in the AHL. Seems to be more comfortable and probably gaining confidence.

Wonder what the plan is for him. Leave him there until after the World Juniors and then make a decision or could we see him back soon?

This is a good question, I'm going to try and get it asked on the radio tomorrow.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Im all for bringing Rantanen back up same with Zadorov. Give me something to be excited about.

That would be nice, but this is where Sakic and Roy set their egos aside and make decisions that are the best for the long term development of the players, and therefore the long term development of the team.

Even if the big club is struggling, and even if they could use their help right now. Let them over ripen in the AHL, and come back to the NHL beaming with confidence. Ready to dominate, not just contribute.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
That would be nice, but this is where Sakic and Roy set their egos aside and make decisions that are the best for the long term development of the players, and therefore the long term development of the team.

Even if the big club is struggling, and even if they could use their help right now. Let them over ripen in the AHL, and come back to the NHL beaming with confidence. Ready to dominate, not just contribute.

Stop talking sense Foppa and give my Mikko!!!

Oan

Jan 31, 2011
Kinda ridiculous that a 19 year old kid is so dominant in the AHL, he must be one of the youngest players in the league too?

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
How's Zadorov playing in SA anyway?

I think he's been good. He's playing a ton. Pretty much the same game he had here. Some good moments and mistakes. I think he's been better defensively the last two so the lots of ice time seems to be helping. He scored a couple goals too, he's on the top PP unit, fun watching him and Rantanen work together.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
I think it's a worthwhile discussion to that at some point sooner or later Rantanen will deserve a top 6 spot in the NHL. If there is a spot open in the top 6 and Roy is ready to give Rantanen the proper amount of minutes then I don't see the issue in bringing him up.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
With how Roy us brought Grigorenko around this season is making me completely trust Roy in when and how he brings Rantanen around.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
I hope he gets called up after the WJCs. :)

I think the opposite , I hope they will leave him in the AHL for the rest of the season . They can bring him with the big club next year .

The kid is only 18 and it's best for his development to have tons of top quality minutes in the AHL insted of playing sporadically in the NHL

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
It's a matter of time IMO. They'll go Agozzino next, perhaps Rendulic but after that Mikko is going to force their hand. I'm glad he's developing but he's just playing too well.

That's great , leave him down there so he could burn the AHL and bring him up next season . Look how the Red Wings or the Habs are dealing with their prospects , they dont rush them to the NHL , leaving them in the minors so they can develop and wait till they are ready .

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
That's great , leave him down there so he could burn the AHL and bring him up next season . Look how the Red Wings or the Habs are dealing with their prospects , they dont rush them to the NHL , leaving them in the minors so they can develop and wait till they are ready .

Players develop at different rates. Just because someone plays early doesn't mean they are being rushed. When you're ready, you're ready. Detroit's draft positions might have something to do with their prospect timelines as well.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
Players develop at different rates. Just because someone plays early doesn't mean they are being rushed. When you're ready, you're ready.

You're right , but with the teams that i gave as an example they dont hesitate to leave their prospects in the AHL for one or two extra years .
Most of the time the players dont understand why the team left them there when they think they are NHL ready . After a few years they arrive in the NHL even more ready and they all say : You know what, i was frustrated to be in the AHL and didnt understand but now i do and turns out the the team took the right decision, i thought i was ready but looking back , i wasnt .

Oan

Jan 31, 2011
Should MacKinnon, Landeskog or Duchene been developing in the AHL then as well? Imho Rantanen is just too good for AHL, but it seems that there just isn't enough top 6 minutes for him in the NHL, so he remains in AHL. At the moment.

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ
Should MacKinnon, Landeskog or Duchene been developing in the AHL then as well? Imho Rantanen is just too good for AHL, but it seems that there just isn't enough top 6 minutes for him in the NHL, so he remains in AHL. At the moment.

not the same situation , you're talking about a number 1 , 2 and 3 pick overall

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad