Mikko Rantanen 10th Overall 2015 NHL Entry Draft l Signed to ELC 7/13/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
Rantanen 1G 2A today for 5G 12A in 13 games. If he had more games he'd be at omg! Nylander level.

And as a rookie 2way winger.

Nylander has been one of the most hyped prospects here and he gets called the best player in the AHL, when Rantanen quietly is beasting out there too while being younger& has better overall game, but he is rarely mentioned.

I'm just laughing at the summer Nylander vs Rantanen polls :laugh:

Last edited:

trip trancid

May 23, 2015
And as a rookie 2way winger.

Nylander has been one of the most hyped prospects here and he gets called the best player in the AHL, when Rantanen quietly is beasting out there too while being younger& has better overall game, but he is rarely mentioned.

I'm just laughing at the summer Nylander vs Rantanen polls :laugh:

One guy is property of Toronto. Guess where the hype comes from.

BB88

Jan 19, 2015
One guy is property of Toronto. Guess where the hype comes from.

Yep, it's amazing to see the hype/comments he gets :help:

I hope Rantanen turns into one of the best 2way wingers in the game, Eriksson level but with better skating&bigger.

trip trancid

May 23, 2015
Yep, it's amazing to see the hype/comments he gets :help:

I hope Rantanen turns into one of the best 2way wingers in the game, Eriksson level but with better skating&bigger.

Leafs fans: in a Nylander thread, they'll argue draft position doesn't matter. Then, in another conversation, they'll say Marner is the bigger talent because of draft position.

Nihiliste

Feb 8, 2010
Leafs fans: in a Nylander thread, they'll argue draft position doesn't matter. Then, in another conversation, they'll say Marner is the bigger talent because of draft position.

There are more leafs fans than everyone else and that's the only reason it gets infuriating to discuss anything related to Toronto. Let's not act like they're a hive mind or that those are the same people.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
Forget the hype and what the Toronto media/fans say and just enjoy both talents. I think both are going to be very good.

Trinstin

Oct 30, 2009
Denver, CO
There are more leafs fans than everyone else and that's the only reason it gets infuriating to discuss anything related to Toronto. Let's not act like they're a hive mind or that those are the same people.

This just pisses me off in general. Just like Colorado fans can be labeled and lumped into a category that none of us like either.

Actually as someone who mostly just reads on here I find it extremely amusing how often hockey fans do this because it adds nothing of value to the discussion at hand.

Trinstin

Oct 30, 2009
Denver, CO
I only brought it up to say if Rantanen had more games he'd be in the same conversation, or at least he should be. The prospects media who love Euros seem to have forgotten about him.

I agree completely that if you simply switched the teams that drafted the two players, we'd be seeing 300 page discussions about Rantanen instead.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
He's the second youngest player in the AHL and I believe he's in the top five in PPG (if you take out the players with 5 or less GP). So impressive.

FALAPARK17

Colorado Avalanche
Jul 10, 2015
Winnipeg

They also said Marner is in the same mold as Mario Lemieux. I think they said it in the Duchene trade forum.

Edit: Wait, I think it was Barrie.

Iceberg

May 4, 2002
They also said Marner is in the same mold as Mario Lemieux. I think they said it in the Duchene trade forum.

Edit: Wait, I think it was Barrie.

I also read Zadorov's skating reminded someone of Lemieux. I read that here.

Bender

Sep 25, 2002
Rantanen 1G 2A today for 5G 12A in 13 games. If he had more games he'd be at omg! Nylander level.

The kid is unreal. Players who just turned 19, aren't supposed to be able to do that at THAT level.

I can't wait until he comes back to the Avs.

FALAPARK17

Colorado Avalanche
Jul 10, 2015
Winnipeg
The kid is unreal. Players who just turned 19, aren't supposed to be able to do that at THAT level.

I can't wait until he comes back to the Avs.

I just hope if they call him up, they're gonna put him with Grigorenko and Soderberg. I think he'll get the best chance to succeed if he played with those 2.

trip trancid

May 23, 2015
When guys play at World Juniors, there's no possibility of them getting hurt, right? For those couple of weeks, everyone is wearing golden halos or are made out of rubber, right?

I guess he could get hurt at Sara M. Page too though...

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
When guys play at World Juniors, there's no possibility of them getting hurt, right? For those couple of weeks, everyone is wearing golden halos or are made out of rubber, right?

I guess he could get hurt at Sara M. Page too though...
Correct. It's the golden halos, though. Nobody is made out of rubber. That would be silly. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad