Confirmed with Link: Mikko Koivu signed 1 yr/1.5 mil

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011

The guy is a Torts-player, who gives it all night out and night in. Leadership, locker-room prescence, PK, vision and example. Slow as hell though. If he signs a 1yr 1,5-2,5M deal I say go for it!
Talk your buddy Granlund to a 1yr 3,5-4M contract and get Pietro too and you have a contender straight away!

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
We’re basically getting him to play the Wennberg role. And he’s better at it (better faceoffs, defensively,PK, and leadership but lower offensive upside). Plus he’s money in the shootout.

It’s whatever. Jenner back to the wing.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Texier - PLD - Atkinson
Nyqvist - Domi - Björkstrand
Granlund - Koivu - Nash
Foligno - Jenner - Grigorenko/Bemström

Jones - Pietrangelo
Werenski - Savard
Gavrikov - Harrington/Kukan

Looks pretty decent to me... :D

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Texier - PLD - Atkinson
Nyqvist - Domi - Björkstrand
Granlund - Koivu - Nash
Foligno - Jenner - Grigorenko/Bemström

Jones - Pietrangelo
Werenski - Savard
Gavrikov - Harrington/Kukan

Looks pretty decent to me... :D

Pietrangelo is Vegas bound.

jonlin

Nov 11, 2011
Getting older and slower. (Yes, I know, faceoffs, leadership, etc)

Well, pontwise he is more than a 4th liner and faceoffs and PK are a pretty important part of the game. Hell, are you actually mad at paying Mikko Koivu 1,5M for 1yr? I bet 30 other GM:s would take it and run...

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
You must be thinking of Saku

Haha, no, just hearing about Mikko from Wild fans.

We’re basically getting him to play the Wennberg role. And he’s better at it (better faceoffs, defensively,PK, and leadership but lower offensive upside). Plus he’s money in the shootout.

It’s whatever. Jenner back to the wing.

Mikko is not the same defensively as he used to be, he'll still be good at it but he's so damn slow. He has two advantages on Wennberg - leadership and he's cheap. For that caphit I don't mind it because he'll probably be a good voice and maybe be able to play a bigger veteran role in the playoffs. I would not assume he'll be in our top 9 forwards.

Stig Jenssen

Oct 3, 2020
WTF we signed Koivu? I thought he was done in the NHL?
Bullshit. Koivu is not done yet.

Next step is to sign Granlund. Then we get Jalonen to assist Torts. And final movement is to replace our mascot by Lärvinen!
CicJWAzXEAATFiD.jpg

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
Dubinsky on LTIR is the same as unloaded if you think cap.

Not necessarily. We have to be cap compliant, including his contract, if he's still here. If we're wanting to get a big fish like Hall, and also include the PLD and Gavrikov contracts, its getting tight.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad