Player Discussion Mikkel Boedker

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I'm shocked at just how far this guy has fallen. I can only assume that he has accepted that his NHL career is over, and that he will be in Europe next year. If that's the case, we should simply waive him, loan him to a Euro club now, eat the salary and move on.

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Can't give Dorion enough kudos for that Hoffman trade and the way he handled it

Yes, it was an awful trade, but in his defence there was no one offering him a first. Should he have just taken the draft picks from Florida? Sure, I guess, but we are swimming in mid-round picks - what we needed was a guy who could play in the league every night to tide us over. As it turns out, Boedker was absolutely the wrong guy, but I understand the concept.

In hindsight, of course, they should have just held on to Hoffman until we found a better fit. (I'm still not convinced that there was a great return out there, but at least not a stiff like Boedker.) At the time, though, they just wanted Hoff and his toxic girlfriend out of town ASAP.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I'm afraid that they won't be able to deal Boedker by the deadline & they are stuck with him until the end of the season. I'm also not sure that EM will want to buy out Ryan anytime soon.

Reactions: Cosmix

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Oh don’t lie, you love it ;)

He sucked the bag. I was wrong :)

I wish we had received one of those fancy orange Gatorade coolers instead for Hoffman.

Sorry, but I'm going to have to insist that a couple of cans of Gatorade powder comes with that. We need value here...

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
A safe 3rd liner with the potential to be a slightly below-average 2nd liner.

A useful player, albeit not worth his cap hit.

Man, I really didn't want to be wrong on this one. :( I knew the trade was bad, that we got hosed, but I was at least optimistic that he might be able to shore up a 3rd line and just play out the string of this contract. Such low expectations, and yet still he's found a way to significantly underwhelm even those who were willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt.

The only thing I was right about was the fact that he's still not worth his cap hit. Everything else... ugh, it sucks.

Boedker is such a garbage player. Just loan him to a SHL team and get it over with.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Man, I really didn't want to be wrong on this one. :( I knew the trade was bad, that we got hosed, but I was at least optimistic that he might be able to shore up a 3rd line and just play out the string of this contract. Such low expectations, and yet still he's found a way to significantly underwhelm even those who were willing to give the guy the benefit of the doubt.

The only thing I was right about was the fact that he's still not worth his cap hit. Everything else... ugh, it sucks.

Boedker is such a garbage player. Just loan him to a SHL team and get it over with.

Just reread that 1st page. Most of us had him pegged as at least capable of playing 3rd line. Some argued that he was better than that. Either way piss poor return for Hoffman anyway you look at it. That was the darkest of periods... the Hoffman Karlsson better half spat , the would Karlsson stay or go, July 1st , the rush to call Hoffman's GF guilty and move Hoffman out the door , the dressing room was broken, the dressing room is fixed...
man what a time to be alive

Reactions: Juvenators

2CHAINZ

Feb 27, 2008
I still cant believe we were able to acquire such a talented player for only Mike Hoffman.

Reactions: gab6511

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Boedker in tomorow. Dj said his flying today

Live view of Sens practice today, apparently:

giphy.gif

:sarcasm:

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Sad that this went so south so fast. I really think it might be the worst trade in our history.

Reactions: robsenz

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Boedker: the solution for what ails the Senators. We certainly needed a defensive oriented winger to replace the offensive oriented pure shooter.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad