Player Discussion Mikkel Boedker

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Perhaps it would make sense, but it certainly would be an organizational issue. If Boedker is your best LW option, your team is incredibly thin. Basically asking a third line calibre player to play up is similar to other issues we have like Borowiecki likely being asked to be a top 4 guy.
We know our team is thin though. That’s not a secret to anyone.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
It's all so convoluted but I believe Boedker is on this team because that is all PD could get for Hoffman in the open market given the situation & Hoffman had to go to appease the captain who it seems they thought at the time would stay. IMO Boedker is a transition piece until the younger players are NHL ready & can replace him in a yr or two. I expect he could put up 30 to 40 pts but who knows. He's not the player I would have wanted but he may have been all that was offered at the time & PD had to do something to try & rectify an impossible situation. It's another example of the Senators Curse it seems.

hoffman was traded in june

the decision to trade karlsson was made in february, this came from dorion himself

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
hoffman was traded in june

the decision to trade karlsson was made in february, this came from dorion himself

He clarified. The decision to rebuild was made in February but they 0nly decided to trade Karlsson after negotiations appeared stalled. At least thats what he alleges.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I'm bumping this thread because this guy has been great for us. I have been stoked on him from the start while the usual suspects kept calling him a salary dump and borderline player. Some while die before admitting being wrong, and some will gladly eat crow if he keeps it up, but man, this guy is a player.

He has been great for us so far, he's fast, can make plays, and attacks the net. We have a bunch of guys now that actually take the puck and attack the net with it, it's glorious to watch!

For those with an open mind, you can see why he was targeted by PD in exchange for Hoffman, why and see why he's arguably better than a 2nd round pick for this team right now.

Now keep it up MB so that I don't look foolish ;)

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
I'm bumping this thread because this guy has been great for us. I have been stoked on him from the start while the usual suspects kept calling him a salary dump and borderline player. Some while die before admitting being wrong, and some will gladly eat crow if he keeps it up, but man, this guy is a player.

He has been great for us so far, he's fast, can make plays, and attacks the net. We have a bunch of guys now that actually take the puck and attack the net with it, it's glorious to watch!

For those with an open mind, you can see why he was targeted by PD in exchange for Hoffman, why and see why he's arguably better than a 2nd round pick for this team right now.

I like Boedker but...

Dorion could have traded Hoffman for picks (2nd + 4th + 5th round pick) and then use one of these picks to acquire Boedker... If his cap hit was too high for the Sharks, then a 4th + Andreas Englund might have done it, no?

Yes, there was no choice to trade Hoffman but wish it would have been handled differently

Reactions: Beville and OD99

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I like Boedker but...

Dorion could have traded Hoffman for picks (2nd + 4th + 5th round pick) and then use one of these picks to acquire Boedker... If his cap hit was too high for the Sharks, then a 4th + Andreas Englund might have done it, no?

Yes, there was no choice to trade Hoffman but wish it would have been handled differently

Yeah, maybe, and maybe not. People liked to talk about how much of a salary dump this guys is, but now that we see him play we can see that he's not a dump player at all, but a solid NHLer.

It's convenient to say that SJ would have traded him for a few late picks, but it's doubtful. Maybe after the rigamarole of trading Hoff for some picks from Florida we could have maybe ended up with Boedker and a 4th/5th, but personally I don't think it was worth the gamble of not getting him for a late pick or two.

Sometimes the simple deal you make is the best deal to make.

Reactions: Clayonator

Mark Stones Spleen

Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Boedker has earned this thread a bump.

6 games in, 1 goal and 4 assists, and it really could have been more. He's quietly playing hard without full reward and doesn't take a shift off.

Hopefully this goal will be the first of many, but he's playing great. There's no way he doesn't recover the second round pick that Florida gave up, it'll all even out at the end.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
If guys like Vanek and Tatar can return 1st + prospect/picks, then Boedker should most definitely warrant the same.
I wouldn't trade him if we're in a Playoff position though.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Correct me if Im wrong, but havent Bødker scored two hattricks against Ottawa in his years in Phoenix?

I have always liked Bødker, but never thought he got the full out of his potential and talent. Hopefully it will come now.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Is it just me, or does he remind anyone of prime Michalek?

For sure. They have different offensive tool sets, I think Boedker see's the ice better and has slightly better hands, while Michalek was more powerful and a better shooter. But overall very similar caliber of players.

Sens72

Football Enthusiast
Aug 31, 2018
Canada
I’m surprised he just hasn’t been waived. Would probably be a decent option in Belleville.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa

I am sorry, I hate to do this, but...your turn.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad