Value of: Mikkel Boedker: Is it positive or negative?

Mikkel Boedker’s Value is...

• Total voters

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
They already gave up their 2019 first for Evander Kane. Rudolfs Balcers is a pretty good prospect right now, probably fits the criteria well; not sure if I would trade him and #21OV for Gardiner but I’m leaning towards no.
That's fair. Jake is a one year rental. Even though you get the year to re-sign him there is the risk he walks. But that is a good offer and one I would hope the leafs consider hard if they do feel they cant fit Gardiner upcoming cal increase to the team.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
28 year old wingers who put up a half a PPG and are signed for $4M for two more years are not cap dumps. Half a point per game is second line production nowadays.

Lunatik

Oct 12, 2012
I think his value is minimal, unless the Shark retain some salary, at $2 million they might get a 2nd for him

BleedBlue14

UrGeNcY
Feb 9, 2017
St. Louis
He probably would need some salary going back to have positive value. Guessing it would be more or less a hockey trade not someone just taking the salary on

Canadiens1958

Nov 30, 2007
Lake Memphremagog, QC.
Positive given that he can play both wings. Plus for a depth player since this creates an extra spot on the game day roster, greater flexibility in case of injuries, PP usage, etc.

Haatley

haatley
Jun 9, 2011
Toronto
He really doesn't. He'd be just fine on a 3rd line. People forget that he just has 2 years left on his current contract.
Lmao. In the AHL maybe.

Brouwer and Boedker are nothing alike. Boedker is in his 20s. Boedker is 2 years out of scoring 50 points.

I would trade 5 Brouwers to get one Boedker on the flames in his place.

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
I'd definitely take him on Buffalo. Our LWs suck, and we don't have a lot of guys with speed (Eichel, Guhle, Mittelstadt, and Dahlin is kind of it, sadly).

Reactions: JoeThorntonsRooster

tucker3434

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 7, 2007
Atlanta, GA
I’d happily sign him in ufa to his current remaining deal. I wouldn’t give up anything extra of real value for him though.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
He’s besties with OEL. The Coyotes are desperate to sign OEL. Last summer the Coyotes signed OEL’s brother and traded for Hjalmarsson (OEL’s request). This summer they’ve brought in Kruger.

I could see them doing one more deal to get OEL to sign the dotted line. Boedker might put it over the top.

Maybe the Calgary 3rd (74th overall) previously acquired?

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
He’s besties with OEL. The Coyotes are desperate to sign OEL. Last summer the Coyotes signed OEL’s brother and traded for Hjalmarsson (OEL’s request). This summer they’ve brought in Kruger.

I could see them doing one more deal to get OEL to sign the dotted line. Boedker might put it over the top.

Maybe the Calgary 3rd (74th overall) previously acquired?
The other thing that could entice Arizona is that Boedker counts for $4M against the cap but his salary is only $3M.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Boedker was just traded, and the trade gave us absolutely no insight into whether he has positive or negative value. :laugh:

I think it was positive value, but damn, I can't tell how much "positive" value it is. This return seems horrendous for the Senators, but the situation around Hoffman's GF absolutely tanked Hoffman's value.

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I think it was positive value, but damn, I can't tell how much "positive" value it is. This return seems horrendous for the Senators, but the situation around Hoffman's GF absolutely tanked Hoffman's value.

I remember agreeing with Senators fans to trade our next two 1st round picks for Hoffman and a 2nd around the time of the TDL. :laugh:

PetterssonSimp

Dec 12, 2008
Boedker = Cheechoo in this Dany Heatley 2.0 trade. He’s a negative value asset that carried a high enough cap hit but low enough salary payment that Ottawa was able to take him back. The main selling point of this trade from the Sens point of view? The very slightest of chances they can reconcile with a Karlsson now. If they can do that. What they got back doesn’t matter. They retain the best player from the situation

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
@CodeE Looks pretty clear now that it was indeed very easy for San Jose to move out Boedker without taking any cap back at all. They also got a 2019 2nd for Boedker and a meh prospect.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
His CAP hit is a little high, but his salary is in line with his abilities IMO.

Definitely not as talented as Hoffman, but still a solid NHL player for Ottawa.

Uncle Scrooge

Hockey Bettor
Nov 14, 2011
Helsinki
Definitely positive.

It's not like Boedker is some washed up vet. I think it was clear from day 1 San Jose wasn't the ideal fit for him but he showed this season he can still be effective middle 6'er. In the last 6 years he's only had 1 season (16-17) when he didn't have at least 0.5 PPG.

Cap goes up to 80M and you could say what he makes now isn't unreasonable + he only has 2 yrs left.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad