Injury Report: Mikheyev out minimum 3 months

shaner8989

Aug 6, 2005
f***ing horrible. MAssive loss

Team is getting f***ed with injuries

But hey we don’t have depth right? We have the best depth in the league and have the best elite talent in the league

Just no defence and no backup

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Oh I read it way too quickly.

Yeah he's gone for the season which sucks BUT it also helps us in re-signing him. If he played with Tavares for the rest of the season, no way he didn't get over 50+ points.

Now we might at least get him cheaply on a bridge.

Like, if we get to round 3, maybe he can be ready for then, but this isn’t a normal hockey injury. You don’t f*** with artery’s. So first and fore most is ensuring the surgery heals as it should and there’s no complications.

But yeah, if we can do 1x1 or 2x1.5-2 with Mikheyev, that’s a win contract wise. Only slightly bright spot.

However I’d much rather him tear it up beside Tavares than be out for the season :(

AllHeartNoSkill

Nov 23, 2008
Sportscentre just tweeted that he had successful surgery to “repair an artery”. Horrible luck. And at the same time, very lucky.

my apologies for not embedding the tweet. I’m sure most of you follow Sportscentre though.

I Believe

Mar 5, 2011
Toronto
Oooof, he was just playing his best hockey too. Terrible news.

Hope that wasn't the last time we've seen him in a Leaf uniform.

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
Enjoy, perhaps delete your tweet from the Russian or google your spelling and get no hits.

Hope he’s fine, sorry for obtuseness.

Russian pronunciation of "h" is much harder than the English one. To emphasis it, they add the "k" to it. Unfortunately, what it does is further confuse everyone, because they think that the H is there to emphasize the k. Khabibulin, Kazakhstan, Khavanov, Kharitonov, Khokhlachev, Khristich. They are all in actuality originally pronounced with the HHhh, no K's in their names.

Some Easter European countries, Russia at some point too used the French translation of last names, so H was translated as CH. Like Zdeno Chara is actually originally Zdeno Hara. And this is the hell I live in for 40 years as noone ever pronounced my last name right.

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Like, if we get to round 3, maybe he can be ready for then, but this isn’t a normal hockey injury. You don’t **** with artery’s. So first and fore most is ensuring the surgery heals as it should and there’s no complications.

But yeah, if we can do 1x1 or 2x1.5-2 with Mikheyev, that’s a win contract wise. Only slightly bright spot.

However I’d much rather him tear it up beside Tavares than be out for the season :(
For the recovery the tendon is the most important. All your strength is decided on the strength of the tendon

Reactions: kb

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Like, if we get to round 3, maybe he can be ready for then, but this isn’t a normal hockey injury. You don’t **** with artery’s. So first and fore most is ensuring the surgery heals as it should and there’s no complications.

Yeah. I love watching him. Sucks we lose another player just as we were starting to get healthy. One gets healthy and another two get injured this year. At this point I am just glad he's going to be fine whether that is sometime next season or this year.

When I saw the replay and the trail of blood I was scared to death...that's not a place where you want to get cut.

That's why I think this year might be special. We're actually facing a lot of adversity with key players going in and out of the lineup and as long as we remain healthy heading into the playoffs, we can go on a run in the playoffs.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Getting the artery cut is no joke. Seriously sucks that his season is over but I am glad he is okay in the bigger sense.
He is in one of best sports club on the planet for dealing with injuries
He is in world class hands if any medical staff can oversee this young man it's the leafs
They don't rush players back from injuries
Godspeed MIK

Reactions: Cobra777

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
You’d think someone will start making wrist protectors similar to the socks they’ve been wearing that are cut resistant? The Kevlar socks. This is a couple cut wrists in the past few weeks.

Reactions: Rhynne

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
Such a shame, very fun player to watch, glad he’s okay though.

Sad to think that might potentially be his last game as a leaf.-

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
You’d think someone will start making wrist protectors similar to the socks they’ve been wearing that are cut resistant? The Kevlar socks. This is a couple cut wrists in the past few weeks.
I was thinking the exact same thing

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
Who is our spare forward right now, Brooks? Have to wonder if Korshkov or Marchment get a look

Reactions: Cobra777

garyturner3

Jun 16, 2015
This is a huge loss. IMO he's been our fourth most important forward this year behind Matthews, Marner and Tavares. Nylander has more points, but Mikheyev plays with an element we desparately need.

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
Moore has a concussion, so there’s no real timeline for a return for him.

Johnsson hasn’t even been skating with the team from what I’ve seen yet, so he’s probably still a couple weeks away.

So someone will be called up in the meantime
What is Mangos deal.anyway ? Shoulder ?

LeafsOHLRangers98

Jun 13, 2017
well... might as well go to the next guy in line.

bump Engvall up, Timashov to the 3rd and Brooks slides into that 4th LW slot.

Might be a good time to talk about a cheap 1 year extension. Hopefully he's okay, that's a ridiculously scary injury.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad