Injury Report: Mikheyev out minimum 3 months

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017
Which exact part is hard for you? The fact that there is no K in his last name?
Enjoy, perhaps delete your tweet from the Russian or google your spelling and get no hits.

Hope he’s fine, sorry for obtuseness.

TheKule

Jun 3, 2011
From a hockey perspective, this is the worst case scenario. Minimum 3 months = season ending. Glad that he's expected to make a full recovery, would hate to see this derail his North American career just as it was getting started.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
That's a serious injury! He is lucky that he will have a full recovery.
He will be missed.
Who comes up?
Brooks on the wing?
Engvall to the 2nd line?

Agostino, Korshkov, Bracco, Aberg, could all be guys that get called up.

Can also depend on how far away Johnsson is, and how bad Moore’s concussion is.

I think Agostino can fill Mikheyev’s spot the best among the Marlies.

Reactions: SAMCRO44

TheScandal89

Jun 26, 2016
Sucks big time, the guy was coming into his own and the lines looked really good with him Tavares and Nylander making the 2nd. You add Johnsson to that line and it makes it a tiny line and imo it'd be less effective.

Reactions: Cobra777

MapleLeafs9

Sep 22, 2011
Everyone thinking it’s a chance for another Marlies prospect, we still have Johnsson and Moore soon to be back. This just basically means Engvall gets to stay up roster wise

saltming

Fan Addict
Oct 6, 2015
Other
Agostino, Korshkov, Bracco, Aberg, could all be guys that get called up.

Can also depend on how far away Johnsson is, and how bad Moore’s concussion is.

I think Agostino can fill Mikheyev’s spot the best among the Marlies.
Thanks.
I've like Agostino too, but I don't know if they will plug a marlie right into the 2nd line.
I wouldn't mind seeing Engvall there

Reactions: SAMCRO44

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Everyone thinking it’s a chance for another Marlies prospect, we still have Johnsson and Moore soon to be back. This just basically means Engvall gets to stay up roster wise

Moore has a concussion, so there’s no real timeline for a return for him.

Johnsson hasn’t even been skating with the team from what I’ve seen yet, so he’s probably still a couple weeks away.

So someone will be called up in the meantime

Reactions: saltming

KuleminFan41

Jan 5, 2009
Its pretty crazy that this isn't a more common occurrence when you think about it. Tough break for him , hopefully he can return for the playoffs

Reactions: TopProspect91

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Thanks.
I've like Agostino too, but I don't know if they will plug a marlie right into the 2nd line.
I wouldn't mind seeing Engvall there

It’s possible they move Engvall up and then whoever is called up goes on the third line.

Keefe has experience coaching everyone, so he’ll know who can fit in what role.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Its pretty crazy that this isn't a more common occurrence when you think about it. Tough break for him , hopefully he can return for the playoffs

I think it was Grabovski who wore the ridiculously short gloves, and I was always afraid something like this would happen to him

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
They said a timeline will be known in 3 months, not that he will be back in 3 months.

He’ll miss the rest of the year.

Oh I read it way too quickly.

Yeah he's gone for the season which sucks BUT it also helps us in re-signing him. If he played with Tavares for the rest of the season, no way he didn't get over 50+ points.

Now we might at least get him cheaply on a bridge.

Randy Randerson

Jul 28, 2016
Hamilton
Glad to see that he'll make a full recovery, with what we've seen from him I think he is going to be in the long term plans. Even if he isn't back for playoffs, this could have been a lot worse

In the meantime, I wonder if Engvall gets a bigger opportunity, they have some similar qualities

Stand Witness

JT
Sponsor
Oct 25, 2014
London, ON
This sucks a ton, Soup has been one of my favourite players this year.

I thought he made someone expendable in the top 9, guess that won’t be happening anytime soon unless another Marlie hops in.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad