Player Discussion: Mikhail Sergachev

Status
Not open for further replies.

ccman68

Dec 9, 2017
98239E24-902A-49C0-9BB7-FDAB426B1B7B.png
91CFC22F-5245-4607-B59C-FF7E646FC6D1.png

Sergachev is ready for top 4. Can’t have him babysitting Coburn forever.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Edmonton acquired the advanced stats monster, Teddy Purcell, and now they don't know what to do with all their cup rings.

Reactions: The Macho Man

AndreRoy

Jan 3, 2018
I think people are finally starting to come around on Serg. Like I’ve been saying all along, he’s still very young and still has plenty of room to improve. This may be his third NHL season but he’s still only half a year older than Cal Foote; had Sergachev been going through the last two years’ growing pains in Syracuse rather than Tampa I very much doubt that so many people would have been so quick to give up on him and calling for Foote to replace him next season.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
defense wise im sure sergy still has issues but ill overlook if he is playing simpler at line offensive work etc... so far he is playing much more north south not holding pucks moving or shooting.... that is what i want a young offensive d man to do ....so far a+ on his work imho

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
New and improved Serg is good on both ends of the ice. While we have the depth I think it's great to let him thrive on the 3rd pairing instead of thrusting him into a top-4 role like they tried to do last season. Let him keep building up his defensive game on the 3rd pairing with a couple shifts here and there with Hedman like he got tonight.

Lord Stan 2020

Elite fan
Jun 29, 2013
New Port Richey Fl
www.facebook.com
New and improved Serg is good on both ends of the ice. While we have the depth I think it's great to let him thrive on the 3rd pairing instead of thrusting him into a top-4 role like they tried to do last season. Let him keep building up his defensive game on the 3rd pairing with a couple shifts here and there with Hedman like he got tonight.
first time all year was a bit disappointed but not in a bad way hell when you can say on any d man you didnt really notice them usually they had a quiet good game..... but first 3 games i noticed him and he was aggro and loved his play ..... one thing is we held the first line on power play for super long shifts so he didnt have a lot of chances on power play to shine but he didnt do nothing especially in 2nd and 3rd that made me say omg serge you idiot... i can say last year honestly maybe 10 games i didnt say that .... this year 4 games give him an A grade no bad games... like the new serge hope he stays super aggro he is more valuable to us imho if taking those risks

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
Thoughts on Sergachev so far?
The pace is slowing down to him, getting use to it, knows better how to buy more time to clear the puck effectively, gotten much more physical also. Still prone to bad giveaways but mostly due to his lack of experience; As all dmen in their young age do. I still see a tremendous potential with this kid, if he can reach his ceiling, this kid is going to be amazing in 3-4 years.

Reactions: teravaineSAROS

TeslaCoilFan

Slightly Elite Fan
Mar 17, 2017
West of the Moon
Thoughts on Sergachev so far?

Definitely improving. Offense continues to flourish as everyone expected, but his defensive side actually seems to be improving. The third pairing with Coburn seems to help him grow more rather than trying to be a mini Heddy when on the top pair. Sergy does play the body more than he ever used to and even will battle along the boards now and then. o_O Considering that he's still pretty dang young for a defenseman, imho, he's really starting to settle into the job.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Sergachev's breakout is a good indication that whatever's been wrong with the team hasn't really been an issue with the skaters. Correct me if I'm wrong, because I jumped onto the Lightning bandwagon with Yzerman, but a top-3 of Hedman (scoring a ppg), McDonagh, and this version of Sergachev is likely the best the team has ever had. Unless I'm forgetting some major supporting players in the Dan Boyle years.

Reactions: Loki Dekker

Vasilevskiy

The cat will be back
Dec 30, 2008
Barcelona
He looks fantastic and all of this while paired with defenseman that suck defensively.
I'm very intrigued at how he would look paired with let's say McDonagh or Cernak and having more freedom offensively

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad