Player Discussion: Mikhail Sergachev - Part 2

StammerHammer

Dec 23, 2021
He repeated the team mantra this year. Just make the playoffs. I still think the team has been dogging it this season. Just doing enough.
It won’t be long now and the beast will be released.

Reactions: Zwui21 and cphabs

ultra63

Feb 27, 2008
High praise for 2 of the Lightning defensemen

NHL Top Players: Top 20 Defensemen​

NHL Network reveals best of current crop​

"
17. Mikhail Sergachev, Tampa Bay Lightning

Sergachev led the Lightning in time on ice (1,881:04) and average ice time (23:49) for the first time in his six seasons since he was acquired in a trade with the Montreal Canadiens on June 15, 2017. The 25-year-old scored tied his NHL career high in goals (10) and had career highs in assists (54), points (64) and power-play points (27) in 79 games. Sergachev won the Stanley Cup with the Lightning in 2020 and 2021. "

"
4. Victor Hedman, Tampa Bay Lightning

Hedman's production dipped to 49 points in 76 games last season (nine goals, 40 assists) from 85 in 82 games the previous season (20 goals, 65 assists), with his nine goals the lowest total since he scored nine in the 56-game 2020-21 season. However, Hedman was second on the Lightning in average ice time per game (23:43), led their defensemen with three short-handed goals and ranked second at the position in even-strength points (32). Hedman won the Norris Trophy in 2017-18 and was a finalist for six straight seasons prior to last season. The 32-year-old won the Conn Smythe Trophy as playoff MVP in 2020, and is Tampa Bay's all-time leading scorer among defensemen (652).

"Over the last 10 y ears or so, the most dominant defender I've ever seen," Hickey said. "I think, for my money, if I've got a big game and he's rested, which he will be (losing in the first round) after going to three straight Stanley Cup Finals, he's the guy that I want on the ice in that moment when you're trying to defend a lead, he's just that dominant.""

Zwui21

Aug 31, 2019
I'm so ready to see Sergy. Every single season he's played for us he's progressed and improved his game. I really feel like this season is the one where we'll see his full breakout as the dominant offensive Dman he can be.
Let's get this bread.

bov

Nov 13, 2010
I'm glad Sergachev doesn't bite his tongue. I mean, the fact that someone above already wants him to "keep his mouth shut" over such a nothing comment proves the very point he's trying to make. It's comical and honestly crazy.

He's absolutely right about Provorov's treatment, which was disgusting. Did you read some of the reactions from so-called caring and inclusive people? Tons of posters on this site alone made themselves look like lunatics with such insane responses to a freaking warmup jersey. I'm glad Serg isn't a spineless coward and stood up for his countryman Provorov, who I'd never heard anything negative about since he came to the league as a player or person.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
I'm glad Sergachev doesn't bite his tongue. I mean, the fact that someone above already wants him to "keep his mouth shut" over such a nothing comment proves the very point he's trying to make. It's comical and honestly crazy.

He's absolutely right about Provorov's treatment, which was disgusting. Did you read some of the reactions from so-called caring and inclusive people? Tons of posters on this site alone made themselves look like lunatics with such insane responses to a freaking warmup jersey. I'm glad Serg isn't a spineless coward and stood up for his countryman Provorov, who I'd never heard anything negative about since he came to the league as a player or person.
I remember EJ Hradek suggested he should go back home and fight for Russia in Ukraine.

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL

There's standing up for Provorov's right to not wear something and then there's saying blatantly stupid shit like it's worse than in Russia and making it about political parties and discrimination against a nationality when it's not (see the Staals, Reimer, etc). He is playing right into Putins propaganda at that point and making himself a stooge.

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018

Or you know...keep your mouth shut about politics when your job is to play hockey. I frankly don't give a shit where or what his political lines are. I just care he skates and wins us cups. That's basically why he should keep his mouth shut. Not some long winded political sided view. I know its hard for American's to understand, not everything in life has to have politics dragged into it. Sports being the main one.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
My issue is I can't even walk into a grocery store without hearing "Liberals are bad!" It's not that I want Sergachev to "shut up and dribble" as much as the discussion is completely exhausted and we have all of next year to do this crap when there's an election. Just please dude. Not you too. You're my distraction from all that. It doesn't take away the candor and his right to express his opinion. It's just so f***ing exhausting to hear about political goings on EVERY. DAY because of Florida's nature.

Let's just stick to loving one another as people regardless of ideologies and creed

DistantThunderRep

Mar 8, 2018
My issue is I can't even walk into a grocery store without hearing "Liberals are bad!" It's not that I want Sergachev to "shut up and dribble" as much as the discussion is completely exhausted and we have all of next year to do this crap when there's an election. Just please dude. Not you too. You're my distraction from all that. It doesn't take away the candor and his right to express his opinion. It's just so f***ing exhausting to hear about political goings on EVERY. DAY because of Florida's nature.

Let's just stick to loving one another as people regardless of ideologies and creed
I just got back from Japan yesterday, and while there I had Americans talk about politics, almost every night. While I just met them in a bar, in the middle of Tokyo or Osaka or Himeji....Just like I don't care about your political views, shut the f*** up and enjoy Japan.

Hoek

Legendary Poster A
May 12, 2003
Tampa, FL
I just got back from Japan yesterday, and while there I had Americans talk about politics, almost every night. While I just met them in a bar, in the middle of Tokyo or Osaka or Himeji....Just like I don't care about your political views, shut the f*** up and enjoy Japan.
Damn that blows. One of my favorite things about being in Japan is not having to think about our politics

Reactions: DistantThunderRep

Rschmitz

Finding new ways to cheat
Feb 27, 2002
Tampa Bay

Sticking up for Provorov is endearing to me, definitely room for opinions like that. The inflammatory comments on nationalism and politics though are outside the scope of hockey and will just be divisive to the fanbase.

Five Alarm Fire

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 17, 2009
I prefer this side of Sergachev.

“In my head, we should've won the Cup. Every year we should win the Cup. Yeah, obviously we're pissed off. We don't want to lose," Sergachev said to 32 Thoughts: The Podcast Wednesday at the Player Media Tour in Henderson, Nevada.

"We don't want to be the team that finally got Toronto to the second round, and they beat the Tampa Bay Lightning. They didn't go through the second round. But we didn't want to be that and lose to them."

“We'll see when camp starts how pissed off we are," Sergachev sad. "The guys are very competitive even now.

"Usually before camp we skate. We'll do five drills and play a game. Usually it's like beer-league hockey. Now, it's intense. Some hitting, too. It's great. Competitive. No one is going to let me walk them on the blue line. It's not acceptable anymore

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad