Mikhail Grigorenko

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
He reminds me of Loui Eriksson. A little more "pass first" than Loui but that's who I always see.

CalderKing21

Darth Calder
Jun 19, 2011
Birmingham, AL
Sometimes this team is so frustrating to watch and then you realize how young we are. Doesn't excuse the developmental issues but it puts it into perspective the growing pains.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
You know who seemed like a good young player coach..that guy Kruger..what happened to him?
Yak would have had a 30g season under him, i mean that alone should have gotten him another gig

Renney also i thought was pretty good with young guys

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
You know who seemed like a good young player coach..that guy Kruger..what happened to him?
Yak would have had a 30g season under him, i mean that alone should have gotten him another gig

I think hes managing a soccer team? I think. I liked Kruger. Oilers were actually not terribad that year and then he gets a text from Mac t telling him hes fired and Eakins took over hahahaha.

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
He should easily be able to hit 20 goals with his shot. Easily. Foppa hit 30 and 29(should be 30 in 02-03 goal against Tampa clearly went in)

The question has never been about the quality of his shot. The critical question to Greg's goal-tally is whether he'll ever actually start to use it.

Yak has talent and works his ass off...he just hasn't been taught anything since that dude was his coach.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
I think hes managing a soccer team? I think. I liked Kruger. Oilers were actually not terribad that year and then he gets a text from Mac t telling him hes fired and Eakins took over hahahaha.

I think the worm turned there when they fired Kruger. They had something something going on in EDM with the kiddies but they just put a torch to it by hiring Eakins.

The Kingslayer

Aug 26, 2004
Siem Reap, Cambodia
The question has never been about the quality of his shot. The critical question to Greg's goal-tally is whether he'll ever actually start to use it.

True he definitely needs to use it. I cant really recall many times ever saying shoot when grigs had the puck last season. Maybe his problem right now is getting to those shooting areas. If guys like Tanguay and Forsberg, notorious and sometimes frustrating pass first guys, can hit 20+ I think Grigs is more than capable. I seen alot of comparisons going around but am I the only one who kinda sees a bit of Ales Hemsky in Grigs?

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
There was a number of moments where Greg could've just whipped a shot on net; but I wasn't shouting shoot at that moment because he made an intelligent pass instead. That's the thing with Greg, he sees & makes a lot of very smart passes; even when he does end up in shooting situations. Learning to use his own shot as well as his passing is certainly something he'll need to do as he becomes a mainstay on a scoring line; but that's not my biggest concern.

My biggest concern is with him continuing to build his confidence/arrogance enough to become a guy who really stirs the drink for his line, instead of just a guy who keeps the puck flowing cleverly.

God help this board if Grigo doesn't meet these expectations. :laugh:

A strong year for Greg IMO will be 40 points and a regular spot on a scoring line. That's a big step, but he can do it if he earns the chance to.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
He should get that at least. He barely even got PP time till the last quarter of the season. Roy def. handled him with care. Which i appreciate

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I'm going to wait and see where he fits in before making predictions. Most are putting him next to MacKinnon and I probably would too but I wouldn't be surprised if he's not even in the top six to start the season.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
I'm going to wait and see where he fits in before making predictions. Most are putting him next to MacKinnon and I probably would too but I wouldn't be surprised if he's not even in the top six to start the season.

I would say the odds are better for him to be in than out. A lot will depend on their philosophy. Do they load up the top 6 with the 6 best forwards (MacK, Lando, Duchene, Yeti; Rantanen/Colborne/Grigo final 2 spots), in which case he would be right on the edge? Do they run Yeti at 3C with bottom 6ers, in which case he would pretty much for sure be in the top6? Do they go with the pair philosophy, in which case there probably wouldn't even be a true top6? Do they want to retry him at C, in which case he is probably 3C?

AllAboutAvs

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 25, 2006
I would say the odds are better for him to be in than out. A lot will depend on their philosophy. Do they load up the top 6 with the 6 best forwards (MacK, Lando, Duchene, Yeti; Rantanen/Colborne/Grigo final 2 spots), in which case he would be right on the edge? Do they run Yeti at 3C with bottom 6ers, in which case he would pretty much for sure be in the top6? Do they go with the pair philosophy, in which case there probably wouldn't even be a true top6? Do they want to retry him at C, in which case he is probably 3C?
Personally unless we get another top-6 player I would go with a loaded top-6. We need a better offense than last year. I would really like to see the following lines:

Landy - Mack - Rant
Greg/Colby - Soda - Dutchy
Comeau - Greg/Colby - Iggy
MacLeod - Mitchell - Marty

cgf

FireBednarsSuccessor
Oct 15, 2010
w/ Renly's Peach
I would be cool with starting the season with:

Landy - MacK - Mikko
Greg - Soda - Dutchy
Como - Colby - Iggy
Cody - Malkin - JTC
Biffkaka

and ending the season with:

Landy - MacK - JTC
Greg - Dutch - Mikko
Colby - Soda - Como
Cody - Malkin - Iggy
Biffkaka

UncleRisto

Not Great, Bob!
Jul 7, 2012
Finland
Hopefully Colborne and Greg play well enough where they become mainstays on the team for a good while. If we can't stick with the bottom-sixers and tweeners we have, the team isn't good enough. Obviously especially Grigo becomes a top-sixer ideally but hey...

McMetal

Writer of Wrongs
Sep 29, 2015
A strong year for Greg IMO will be 40 points and a regular spot on a scoring line. That's a big step, but he can do it if he earns the chance to.

Agreed. I don't expect the sun, moon and stars from him this year, but 40 points is an acceptable number for a complementary top six player on a non-playoff team. Now, he's probably capable of more, but just for next season I'd be happy with that much of a step forward.

Jarey Curry

Avalanche of Makar
May 2, 2015
Finland
I would be cool with starting the season with:

Landy - MacK - Mikko
Greg - Soda - Dutchy
Como - Colby - Iggy
Cody - Malkin - JTC
Biffkaka

and ending the season with:

Landy - MacK - JTC
Greg - Dutch - Mikko
Colby - Soda - Como
Cody - Malkin - Iggy
Biffkaka

That's something I'd definitely want to see next year, Soderberg on the second line centering Duchene who gets goal greedy and enjoys the quality passes from Soda and Grigo. Mikko, Gabe and Nate line up has this "career line up" feel to it, that they should play together as long as they remain Avs

LieutenantDangle

Barry McKockner
Oct 28, 2014
'Merica
That's something I'd definitely want to see next year, Soderberg on the second line centering Duchene who gets goal greedy and enjoys the quality passes from Soda and Grigo. Mikko, Gabe and Nate line up has this "career line up" feel to it, that they should play together as long as they remain Avs

:amazed: a polished mikko, developed mack, and viking mode gabe... what dreams may come

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad