Mike Richards IV: Started From The Bottom, Still Here *MOD WARNING Post #194*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Herby

Now I can die in peace
Feb 27, 2002
Mullett Lake, MI
Dean said exactly what was to be expected.

This is going to play out like this. Once the trade window opens again Dean is going to spam all the other GM's mailboxes with one last pitch on bringing Richards in at half of his current cap hit. He may get a couple of bites from the Buffalo's and Arizona's of the world with no cap or competition concerns who are seeing what kind of asset the Kings are willing to include to get the deal done. If teams have come down from what they wanted at the deadline (Pearson) then maybe we see the Kings sending Richards, Forbort and a pick or something like that to one of those teams with the Kings retaining 33-50% of the salary. With the Kings cupboard not exactly loaded and no first in 2016 I don't see the Kings giving up any of the higher upside guys like Kempe or Zykov.

If the Kings can't convince someone to take him before the buyout deadline he will be bought out and the Kings will gain something like $4m in cap space for this season right away. That goes a long way to re-signing Sekera or getting that 3C we need.

Chain

Feb 2, 2014
Pretty sure I already know the answer to this question is a big fat "no" but is it possible to buy out a % of Richards contract, but not all of it, and in the process bring down the cap hit on the remaining % of his contract, then trade him to another team at that lower cap hit?

kingsfan

President of the Todd McLellan fan club by default
Mar 18, 2002
Manitoba, Canada
Pretty sure I already know the answer to this question is a big fat "no" but is it possible to buy out a % of Richards contract, but not all of it, and in the process bring down the cap hit on the remaining % of his contract, then trade him to another team at that lower cap hit?

That'd be a big fat no

Kingsfan1

Oct 1, 2006
Staples Center
Pearson-Kopitar-Gaborik
King-Carter-Toffoli
Nolan-Richards-Brown
Clifford-Shore-Lewis
Andreoff

Sekera-Doughty
Muzzin-Voynov/Martinez)
Mcnabb-Martinez/Greene
Greene/Whoever

Quick
Jones

I can see something along those lines as our roster next season.

KINGS17

Smartest in the Room
Apr 6, 2006
No ****ing way. End this abortion, please.

MR haters, get your licks in now. 17 hater posts left.

Sorry Ron, this baby is going to go another 500 posts at least.

Wanting Richards off the roster, doesn't make you a Richards hater, it makes you a realist.

Chain

Feb 2, 2014
That'd be a big fat no

I figured.

Pearson-Kopitar-Gaborik
King-Carter-Toffoli
Nolan-Richards-Brown
Clifford-Shore-Lewis
Andreoff

Sekera-Doughty
Muzzin-Voynov/Martinez)
Mcnabb-Martinez/Greene
Greene/Whoever

Quick
Jones

I can see something along those lines as our roster next season.

Do we have the cap space for that though?

I could live with that lineup but I see Richards and Shore switching places somewhere during the season, preferably early if Richards doesn't somehow improve a little next year.

Jeff18

Nov 12, 2014
SUMMARY OF THREAD

Posts and responses:

-Richards's supposed cause(s) for decline (See below)
-A lineup that shows Xs where Richards is supposed to be (Okay/Sucks)
-Wanting Richards to be bought out (Yes/No because he might change)
-Complaining about this thread (Complaints)
-Complaining about complainers of this thread (Complaints)
-How much we will save by buying out Richards (Current salary cost - buyout penalty)
-Questioning Dean's offseason decision of not moving or buying him out (Dean made a mistake)
-Richards being worth nothing in trades (Ship him out with same prospect and picks and retain same % of salary)
-Questioning Sutter's decision of putting him on the fourth line (It's not Sutter's fault/Decline)
-Whose fault is it that Richards did not score this season (He played with Nolan/Clifford)

Richards's supposed causes for decline:
Concussions
PED's
Wear and tear from games
Shoulder Injury
Ankle Injury
Conditioning
Viral Infection
Sutter
Partying
Fishing
Feelings hurt
Druggie/Alcoholic

This is also a prediction of what is coming in part V.

Last edited:

Martyros

Allow me to retort
Aug 13, 2005
Holly Hood
SUMMARY OF THREAD

Posts and responses:

-A lineup that shows Xs where Richards is supposed to be (Okay)
-How much we will save by buying out Richards (Current salary cost - buyout penalty)
-Questioning Dean's offseason decision of not moving or buying him out (Dean made a mistake)
-Richards being worth nothing in trades (Ship him out with same prospect and picks and retain same % of salary)
-Questioning Sutter's decision of putting him on the fourth line (It's not Sutter's fault/Decline)
-Whose fault is it that Richards did not score this season (He played with Nolan/Clifford)

Concussions
PED's
Wear and tear from games
Shoulder Injury
Ankle Injury
Conditioning
Viral Infection
Sutter
Partying
Fishing

You forgot about the injury in his ass after Sutter put him below Stoll on the depth chart

Trolfoli

May 30, 2013
SUMMARY OF THREAD

Posts and responses:

-A lineup that shows Xs where Richards is supposed to be (Okay/Sucks)

Concussions
PED's
Wear and tear from games
Shoulder Injury
Ankle Injury
Conditioning
Viral Infection
Sutter
Partying
Fishing
Feelings hurt

Great primer to Kick off section V!!!

DL says a Richards buyout is "a possibility" but the priority is for the team is to keep him. No firm decisions at this point. (from the insider as posted earlier)

Had a feeling there was a reason to check hockey news today.

I really want to see Lombardi troll Sutter by keeping Richards for next season. :laugh:

kenito7

May 27, 2014
California
Great primer to Kick off section V!!!

DL says a Richards buyout is "a possibility" but the priority is for the team is to keep him. No firm decisions at this point. (from the insider as posted earlier)

Had a feeling there was a reason to check hockey news today.

I really want to see Lombardi troll Sutter by keeping Richards for next season. :laugh:

That would be trolling all Kings fans.

Bandit

Jul 23, 2005
Unemployed in Greenland
No ****ing way. End this abortion, please.

MR haters, get your licks in now. 17 hater posts left.

2i8vm1g.gif

Dean said exactly what was to be expected.

This is going to play out like this. Once the trade window opens again Dean is going to spam all the other GM's mailboxes with one last pitch on bringing Richards in at half of his current cap hit. He may get a couple of bites from the Buffalo's and Arizona's of the world with no cap or competition concerns who are seeing what kind of asset the Kings are willing to include to get the deal done. If teams have come down from what they wanted at the deadline (Pearson) then maybe we see the Kings sending Richards, Forbort and a pick or something like that to one of those teams with the Kings retaining 33-50% of the salary. With the Kings cupboard not exactly loaded and no first in 2016 I don't see the Kings giving up any of the higher upside guys like Kempe or Zykov.

If the Kings can't convince someone to take him before the buyout deadline he will be bought out and the Kings will gain something like $4m in cap space for this season right away. That goes a long way to re-signing Sekera or getting that 3C we need.

I think buying him out is a lot less likely than you think.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad