Player Discussion Mike Reilly

Status
Not open for further replies.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
You need a legit source to prove that Minnesota offered him to all teams? Come on ...

Unless their GM is dumb he was offered to all teams.

I dont think that was happened that way and I dont think that all traded player are initially offered. I think Montreal and Minnesota have another still pending but without an agreement, on that one MB has asking him about Reilly. Maybe Reilly was a part of a bigger deal previously. Who knows? One thing for sure, you're pretty pessimist about Reilly and I cant figure why

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
+4 tonight.......impressive.

I posted in the GDT, he reminds me of Gorges when he came over in the deadline in that he was jittery at first, but you could see the mobility. Gorges had less offense, but was very sound with the puck in his prime.

We'll see how good Reilly is with the puck and in the decision making department. The book is still out.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
I posted in the GDT, he reminds me of Gorges when he came over in the deadline in that he was jittery at first, but you could see the mobility. Gorges had less offense, but was very sound with the puck in his prime.

We'll see how good Reilly is with the puck and in the decision making department. The book is still out.

Hey! I had the same insight too. It seems that he's very nervous to join a new team in which doesn't know the strategy structure. He's making plays were the puck doesn't stay for too long on his stick. However, I have to say that he look much better than Georges looked when he first came in. Georges took a big step in his second year, hopefully Reilly will do the same.

Reactions: MasterD

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
I haven't seen too much of Reilly, less than most of you guys, but my initial impression is that we got another beaulieu type of project. Let's see how this one goes....

Aug 25, 2009
éal
I haven't seen too much of Reilly, less than most of you guys, but my initial impression is that we got another beaulieu type of project. Let's see how this one goes....
If he has the same tools / skills than Beaulieu, then I'm happy. Let's just hope for better IQ and attitude.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
It does seems like he has higher IQ than Beaulieu, not that it's that surprising. Beaulieu was dumb. It seems we may have got something for nothing here, as when we got Byron for free. Let's hope for that.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
It does seems like he has higher IQ than Beaulieu, not that it's that surprising. Beaulieu was dumb. It seems we may have got something for nothing here, as when we got Byron for free. Let's hope for that.

The scouting staff fell for a kid that was simply skilled and on one of the best CHL teams in recent memory. I guess they hoped that the skillset would override the lack of awareness, but it didn’t happen.

As for Reilly, he was never a passenger in the NCAA, he was easily the best player on his team a lot of nights. He needed an opportunity that the Wild couldn’t afford to give him.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
The scouting staff fell for a kid that was simply skilled and on one of the best CHL teams in recent memory. I guess they hoped that the skillset would override the lack of awareness, but it didn’t happen.

As for Reilly, he was never a passenger in the NCAA, he was easily the best player on his team a lot of nights. He needed an opportunity that the Wild couldn’t afford to give him.

Exactly, beaulieu was on a stacked team, and to his credit, did produce, but lets face it we all know it, hes a punk

reilly on the other hand, doesnt seem like a punk, spent some solid years in Minny university, and a couple more on the Minny pro team, stuck behind bigtime defenders, and now he's all ours, probably exactly what weve been missing on the left side, just like juulsen is what weve been missing on the right

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
These kind of players is Bergevin's strength. Finding the Dale Weise or Paul Byron, Mike Weaver types.

He's had two aquisitions that were similar to this level, but ended up being higher: Petry and Danault.

Bergevin is a good assistant GM. But he's not a GM.

Reactions: Lshap

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
So far so good.

Im not getting pumped because we had the same reaction initially to Benn and now people want Benn gone.

There often is some extra juice in a player after a trade. See how it goes longer term.

Nice though to have a D with a skill set added.

Habs100

Nov 6, 2013
So far so good.

Im not getting pumped because we had the same reaction initially to Benn and now people want Benn gone.

There often is some extra juice in a player after a trade. See how it goes longer term.

Nice though to have a D with a skill set added.

I don't mind Benn as a bottom pairing d. He stabilized Beaulieu last year, and did the same recently with Morrow and Rielly. The problem is when you play Been as a top pairing dman or in the top 4.

Alzner Juulsen looks like a good bottom pairing for next year. But Alzner has such a big cap hit. Benn Juulsen may be better if we can shed Alzner's contract. Mete, Reilly, and Valiev are auditioning for the top 2 LHD spots, unless one of Weber, Petry, or Juulsen can play the left side.

Reactions: Redux91

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
He's had two aquisitions that were similar to this level, but ended up being higher: Petry and Danault.

Huh, you're saying that these small pick ups are the job of an assistant GM so why are you crediting MB with the finds? Why do you think it' s not one of the assistant GMs?

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
He needs some seasoning, but picking him up was a good gamble.
Not according to many posters here......go back and read the first few pages of the thread where we had just aquired him......the ridicule is pathetic. You'd thought we had just reacquired Streit....

Posters will come and tell you calm down its only been a few games, but after ZERO games played with Montreal, he was labelled a flop by the very same posters.......it's quite incredible the double standard here

Last edited:

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal

I agree - Bergevin is a good hole-plugger. The problem is he's not an architect.

Reactions: Redux91
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad