Player Discussion Mike Reilly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kraken Jokes

May 28, 2010
His play has really taken a nosedive. Hopefully he can find his game again because I liked what I saw earlier in the season.

I feel like his confidence is down and he's second-guessing everything now. I don't think he'll ever be great in his own end though, not aggressive enough.

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
I feel like his confidence is down and he's second-guessing everything now. I don't think he'll ever be great in his own end though, not aggressive enough.
And this is where he gets Richardson and Julien pissed off. He sometimes get passive in his zone, nearly nonchalant. Schlemko is worse but I think that the coaching staff believe Reilly has the talent and potential to do more. And they are spot on. Reilly has the tools. Need the brain to connect at all times.

Hostile Offer

Artist formerly known as Eagle Peninsula
Jun 17, 2017
Finland
And this is where he gets Richardson and Julien pissed off. He sometimes get passive in his zone, nearly nonchalant. Schlemko is worse but I think that the coaching staff believe Reilly has the talent and potential to do more. And they are spot on. Reilly has the tools. Need the brain to connect at all times.

Yep. He's not a dumb player either unlike Beaulieu for example. Just goes a bit controller disconnected sometimes.

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
Reactions: Kudo Shinichi

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
What's Reilly's future hold with the Habs, do they re-sign him or trade him?

I wouldn't mind giving him a 2 year deal. He's not quite expendable yet with the state of the defense, but the hope is that he won't be needed in 2-3 years.

Toligwen

Jan 5, 2019
Rather would want to see :

Mete - Weber
XXX - Petry
Kulak/Folin/XXX - Reilly
XXX/Folin

Would try to get 4D with a package of Benn and Lehkonen (without overreaching) ; top fit would be a deep at defense team looking for winger (ideally with capspace matter, for a better value our side)
Does Florida apply ? Who else ?

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
What's Reilly's future hold with the Habs, do they re-sign him or trade him?

Depends on weather they feel they can get a upgrade or not. I think they re-sign him cause depth on D is important. Thinking $1-$2M range for 2 years. Think he has 3 more RFA years after this season.

Reactions: le_sean

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
If they can get an actual upgrade at the LD position, Reilly is a good candidate to be a bottom pairing guy that switches with Kulak from time to time as a partner for a (hopefully) healthy Juulsen next season.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
If they can get an actual upgrade at the LD position, Reilly is a good candidate to be a bottom pairing guy that switches with Kulak from time to time as a partner for a (hopefully) healthy Juulsen next season.

Reilly and Juulsen played great together at the start of the year, hopefully Juulsen is healthy because that could be a solid 3rd pair next year if we add a top 4 LHD.

Jul 6, 2016
Habs have also Gustav Oloffson who could play at NHL level next season.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Reilly is surviving out there right now, much like Mete last year. It's not like with Chaput where he's costing us games and needs to be replaced, he's just not helping us win. And with Chaput gone, his spot beside Petry is now the most obvious position to upgrade.

Reactions: sergejean

Archijerej

Jan 17, 2005
Poland
I feel like Claude doesn't really trust Reilly and he will be out of the lineup soon.
That's my feeling as well. He's our least used defenceman lately, if you don't count powerplay minutes. I think it's more likely they'll resign Benn than Reilly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad