Confirmed with Link: Mike Johnston fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
You seem unnecessarily angry about a lot of things. I'm truly sorry for whatever you're going through that's causing this much pent up aggression and am happy to bear the brunt of it if it means we get to bear witness to more of it.

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
You seem unnecessarily angry about a lot of things. I'm truly sorry for whatever you're going through that's causing this much pent up aggression and am happy to bear the brunt of it if it means we get to bear witness to more of it.

Things are great for me, thanks for the love and concern though. :D

HandshakeLine

A real jerk thing
Nov 9, 2005
Praha, CZ
This season, I feel like I'm watching people audition for my position as the biggest cynic on this board and beating me at my own game.

Now I know how Scuderi must feel.:laugh:

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
This season, I feel like I'm watching people audition for my position as the biggest cynic on this board and beating me at my own game.

Now I know how Scuderi must feel.:laugh:

Yeah you really need to step it up. Although in fairness to you, we have kind of gone off the collective deep end the last 2 years.

Old Gregg

I'm Old Gregg!!
Apr 13, 2010
I have absolutely no idea what you have to be bitter about but your quick reaction and attitude give off that impression. Also, the borderline incomprehensible rambling in this post.

All I said was no your ideas are not "updates", they are speculations. That wasn't even meant to be an offensive comment whatsoever. You need to relax.

I couldn't care less about the guy I can't believe his reaction lolol. His ideas were fine I never said they weren't. Holy ****.

These aren't really his "ideas". This is the info that IC was given from whomever he knows around the situation. That's why its not really speculation but just updated info from his insider

TheSniper26

Oct 2, 2005
Youngstown
If simply repeating facts now counts as "speculation" or an original idea then I've been pretty ****ing brilliant throughout my life.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
If simply repeating facts now counts as "speculation" or an original idea then I've been pretty ****ing brilliant throughout my life.

Well facts should probably be in quotes here. I love IC and really appreciate that he tells us what he hears, but he's repeating what he hears from a contact and through his own brain. There's always interpretation and filters put on things. He's been relatively to totally correct so much that we know he has legit sources within the org, but there's always assumptions that go into these things (something IC wouldn't deny I'm sure).

Unless his contact is JR directly (and even then you never know with the gang of 8 or 9 behind the scenes with differing opinions), then it's probably fair to take some of it with a grain of salt (much less salt that a TIOPS, DKinsider or any other local media member). Sully could come in and totally change things in a week and his contact wasn't lying.

Anyway, just my view on it.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Well facts should probably be in quotes here. I love IC and really appreciate that he tells us what he hears, but he's repeating what he hears from a contact and through his own brain. There's always interpretation and filters put on things. He's been relatively to totally correct so much that we know he has legit sources within the org, but there's always assumptions that go into these things (something IC wouldn't deny I'm sure).

Unless his contact is JR directly (and even then you never know with the gang of 8 or 9 behind the scenes with differing opinions), then it's probably fair to take some of it with a grain of salt (much less salt that a TIOPS, DKinsider or any other local media member). Sully could come in and totally change things in a week and his contact wasn't lying.

Anyway, just my view on it.

just to be clear, i don't care if people believe me or not. I don't get anything out of it either way.

The only thing I take issue with is people insinuating that I'm lying or making **** up, or whatever else.

You couldn't invent a logical reason for me to lie OR how I can accurately "lie" about certain things happening. (And regardless, I've already explained to the mods what my access entails, so I have been as forthcoming as has been asked of me)

If you don't believe it, don't. If you don't like it, don't. But just because you don't like what I'm saying doesn't mean you have to, I dunno, attack the character.

(I would also say that, in a well-run organization, 90% of what I could ever possibly tell you would, in fact, be things that are just 'duh, of course.' And to Shady's point, I've made it quite clear that I filter things in specific ways for specific reasons. The filtering I do never alters the facts, and if something is relevant, I am more than happy to share)

I explained today why Mike Sullivan got a 3-year deal (it was something that came up). For the record, I voted that he wouldn't be the HC at the start of next year!

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
just to be clear, i don't care if people believe me or not. I don't get anything out of it either way.

The only thing I take issue with is people insinuating that I'm lying or making **** up, or whatever else.

You couldn't invent a logical reason for me to lie OR how I can accurately "lie" about certain things happening. (And regardless, I've already explained to the mods what my access entails, so I have been as forthcoming as has been asked of me)

If you don't believe it, don't. If you don't like it, don't. But just because you don't like what I'm saying doesn't mean you have to, I dunno, attack the character.

(I would also say that, in a well-run organization, 90% of what I could ever possibly tell you would, in fact, be things that are just 'duh, of course.' And to Shady's point, I've made it quite clear that I filter things in specific ways for specific reasons. The filtering I do never alters the facts, and if something is relevant, I am more than happy to share)

I explained today why Mike Sullivan got a 3-year deal (it was something that came up). For the record, I voted that he wouldn't be the HC at the start of next year!

Agreed. About Sully, the 3 year deal is security for him and a show to the players that this guy has authority to come and take charge? I think that's what you said but just wanted to clarify.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Yeah but you need to heed your own advice as well.

If you have a legit souce cool. I was unaware. Instead of projecting and being quick to jump down by throat you could have simply stated that.

You need to know the history of the poster then. Do you expect him to come in every time he has something to share with "hey guys remember me, the guy who has a legit source in the Pen's organization..."?

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
Agreed. About Sully, the 3 year deal is security for him and a show to the players that this guy has authority to come and take charge? I think that's what you said but just wanted to clarify.

Yes.

My understanding is, Sullivan is the coach who can do whatever he wants WITHIN CERTAIN PARAMETERS THAT THE MANAGEMENT HAS TOLD HIM THEY EXPECT. Insomuch that JR made certain expectations clear to MJ, they were reinforced as part of Sullivan being given the job.

On top of that, it includes instilling the sort of control over a team the coach should have (regarding accountability, play time, etc...), and it was thought that a 3-year deal would be best to give him that authority.

If the team just falls apart and misses the playoffs, don't expect JR and company to be like 'oh well, let's try again next year with the same setup!"

You need to know the history of the poster then. Do you expect him to come in every time he has something to share with "hey guys remember me, the guy who has a legit source in the Pen's organization..."?

if I did this, people would just say I'm doing it for attention. There's literally no way for me to say anything that doesn't offend someone's sensibilities. The idea that I would just invent something that people don't like, simply to piss them off or something.

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012

No. But I don't expect him to fly off the handle claiming I am jealous (what the **** lolololllllllllllllll) and with a 1000 word rant in response either.

Stay posi guys, we're all in this together (as Pens fans and in life in general). Life is too short.

IcedCapp

Aug 7, 2009
No. But I don't expect him to fly off the handle claiming I am jealous (what the **** lolololllllllllllllll) and with a 1000 word rant in response either.

Stay posi guys, we're all in this together (as Pens fans and in life in general). Life is too short.

Every post I make is long and wordy. It's not flying off the handle, it's simply how I communicate.

I am neither positive (assuming that's what you mean by posi) nor negative. I am simply a realist. I don't believe in being either of the other two.

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
Every post I make is long and wordy. It's not flying off the handle, it's simply how I communicate.

I am neither positive (assuming that's what you mean by posi) nor negative. I am simply a realist. I don't believe in being either of the other two.

Mmm, no, calling me jealous without reason then saying

"You seem unnecessarily angry about a lot of things. I'm truly sorry for whatever you're going through that's causing this much pent up aggression and am happy to bear the brunt of it if it means we get to bear witness to more of it."

is not being a realist. Do you know me personally? No. You were being negative and assumptive (you can't be assumptive and be a realist, can you?).

Anyway moving on.

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
Like I said I didn't know he had some sort of insider info therefore there was nothing to be jealous of. And I am far from being jealous of that anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad