Confirmed with Link: Mike Johnston fired

Status
Not open for further replies.

DegenX

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Aug 14, 2011
I mean, I've been pretty much just coasting off of my championship performance from six years ago. Who are these upstarts? Don't they know what I've done? Who I am?

Okay, I admit it. I'm Rob Scuderi.

No wonder you're so slow on the ice ... must be hella jet lagged traveling back and forth from Prague all the time :laugh:

AR5

Mar 7, 2014
what in the **** is this :laugh:

edit - okay you have redeemed yourself somewhat

Sorry, my first (original and unedited) post was me reacting in the heat of the moment to the conversation a few pages back. Then I realized it had all resolved itself, and it was a bit too late...

Sorry. Didn't mean to bring it back up again. Just move along folks.

Shady Machine

Aug 6, 2010
Yeah my view on Sprong was that if you were keeping him up, transition him to LW right away on a depth line. He can learn to play LW while playing 5 minutes a night. For now, I would go:

Kunitz-Crosby-Bennett
Perron-Malkin-Kessel
Plots-Bones-Hornqvist
Sprong-Cullen-Fehr

Ideally I'd move Plots up with Geno and Perron with Bones because I really don't like a Plots-Hornqvist combo, but that is probably the best they can do now.

The point here is to let Sprong learn the NHL game at the position you want him at next year. Send him down to juniors in 12 or whatever games and call up Simon, Wilson, whoever for the rest of the year.

PensBandwagonerNo272*

Forgot About Sid
Sep 10, 2012
Just talk to him about wanting him to work on playing LW in the Q, ask the Q team to play him on LW, and let him go for the year. Drouin originally played LW but TB sent him back for another year of junior to get him used to playing C. He played C all year.

But I mean, I can't expect this team to just make as obvious hockey decisions as Steve Yzerman.

joeyjake5

Feb 23, 2014
Right. And this even has some plausible deniability with the coaching change too, if they're shopping him. The Pens can claim (and rightly) they're just trying to get a look at their roster with the new HC.

I really do think that both Scuderi and Kunitz will have some value down the stretch. Whether or not we can utilize that with their NTCs is a different question.

IF scuds and kunitz were on another team with their age, contracts and production would you trade for them. Your answer better be no. I repeat, the pens are stuck with these gems.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad