News Article: Mike Hoffman's girlfriend allegedly behind Karlsson Harrassment. Update June15: Hoffman & gf respond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
@Al14, @Engineer, @Cosmix

I think we're going to have to have to agree to disagree on this particular issue and move on, as it's derailing the thread a bit. This thread is about accusations revolving around Hoffman's fiancee and Karlsson's wife, not whether a significant other is right or wrong to publicly defend the person they love prior to guilt or innocence being determined.

pzeeman

May 15, 2013
Aylmer
He could have had a handshake deal with any team, waiting for the playoffs to end and announce it the day after. Usually with another team who has been eliminated.

That's usually how those things play out. Not impossible at all.
What's the usual grace period on this sort of thing. The winner's parade? The awards show? The draft?

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I worry for Mike Hoffman, because as he embarks on an OJ-esque search for the real serial harassers, it will be a daunting task indeed, what with the number of quality golf courses here in the Ottawa region to search.

I could tell he was resting up for the big search during the season though, as, for example, he served as a turnstile attendant and remained stationary as Connor McDavid waltzed by him in one of the most embarassing goals against of the season.

Don't be away from home too long thought Mikey. That boiling rabbit on the stove might cause a fire...

Good luck overcoming this mayhem Mike, you're probably in for a Tiger Woods type of career lull with this insanity going public, but hey, when things turn around 10 years from now, you'll only be, ummm, 38, with lots of prime years ahead, right?.

What are you blabbering on about

looooooooooooooooooolllllllll im crying in lecture, what is he talking about

The one time Melnyk hiring a foresnic investigator would be seen as a good thing for this organization.

Lmfao.

R2010

May 23, 2011
My understanding from what is being said in my circles is that the cyber analysis did implicate someone and was conducted a while back.

I don't know if it was Hoffman's gf. But speculating based on that they have received this information does seem to provide a suggestion that it is her....

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
@Al14, @Engineer, @Cosmix

I think we're going to have to have to agree to disagree on this particular issue and move on, as it's derailing the thread a bit. This thread is about accusations revolving around Hoffman's fiancee and Karlsson's wife, not whether a significant other is right or wrong to publicly defend the person they love prior to guilt or innocence being determined.

I don’t understand what you are agreeing to disagree with as it affects me!? :)

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa
No matter if the allegations are true or not, there seems to be some Taylor Swift level bad blood between the two wives. Unless Hoffman puts his gf on waivers, one of them is going to have to be traded. Hopefully, it is not Karlsson.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
So someones GF started saying stupid mean things about someone elses GF.......Humm cant say I havent heard that one before

Reactions: Cosmix

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
No time to read everything... So what is going on? There is bad blood between the Hoffmans and the Karlssons? So that would explain partially the discrepancy (Right word?) in the locker room last year. Hard to compete in this league if the team chemistry is not great and both Hoffman and Karlsson are key players.

So one of the two has to be traded, no choice. Man why does it always happen to the Sens? Something happened to many players and it reduced their positive impact on the team (Emery with his acts, Redden with his mom, Heatley with his superstar syndrome, MacArthur with his concussions, Spezza with him being tired of being the scapegoat, Ryan with his hand injuries, Hoffman/Karlsson with this...)

At least in this situation, trading Hoffman (means keeping Karlsson) would fix the problem. But now that it is made public, teams KNOW that Dorion has to trade Hoffman before the next season, which could diminish the return...

EDIT : Whatever if true or not, both players can't stay on the team, too much bad blood between the 2 families.
Yep it does seem like we are a f***en cursed team,we need some real leadership ...Not only to smarten up the dessing room room ,but upper management as well

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa
Yep it does seem like we are a ****en cursed team,we need some real leadership ...Not only to smarten up the dessing room room ,but upper management as well

Maybe they should trade Karlsson for Toews. He would provide real intangible leadership to the locker room.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I know this is going to sound dated, but when this team gave Heatley the ‘A’ over Mike Fisher it was the start of the Ottawa gong show.

It was the start of appeasing players ego instead of rewarding the true values needed to build a successful
Hockey organization that Fisher had all the qualities of ‘humbleness, hard work, dedication, honesty, pride, sacrifice’

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
I know this is going to sound dated, but when this team gave Heatley the ‘A’ over Mike Fisher it was the start of the Ottawa gong show.

It was the start of appeasing players ego instead of rewarding the true values needed to build a successful
Hockey organization that Fisher had all the qualities of ‘humbleness, hard work, dedication, honesty, pride, sacrifice’
Or the C to Spezza over Phillips

The Lewler

GOAT BUDGET AINEC
Jul 2, 2013
Eastern Ontario Badlands
Great read, thanks for posting!
This story could get even more bizarre. If they find out that Hoffman had any knowledge or even worse, was one of the perpetrators, then his career is done.

That would be one of the most unlikely scenarios ever to unfold IMO, in fact, so unlikely that I am basically ready to dismiss it as a possibility.

It goes against the psychological makeup of an average pro hockey player, it goes against the preferred conflict models that human males generally employ and would be extremely detrimental to his career and $$ to be involved in it directly.

Add in the information we have already about confrontations and statements/tweets seemingly indicating the vector of behaviour coming from one party in particular, its going to come to rest on whether or not she did it, and whether or not Hoffman was willfully blind or not.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Reactions: AVE MAN

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Thanks for posting this. This is a solid article that should probably be put into the OP of the thread. It outlines the process a lot better than the Citizen article and adds some much needed context to why the Karlsson's allegations might have some significant weight to them.
Done, added to OP

Reactions: danielpalfredsson
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad