Mike Hoffman's Girlfriend allegedly behind harassment against the Karlssons

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Should this be a topic that we should talk about at all? It's a complete private matter that was leaked and if this was you, would you want millions of people knowing about your business. This is the part of culture that is not and should not be acceptable. Let them handle this themselves and we should just stick to talking hockey. Yes, I am aware that this affects the team, but talk about the movements of players themselves (ie, being traded, not traded and for whom and for how much) and not their private lives.

93 pages of nosey-ass people. Leave them alone and if you want to help, make sure you fight back against cyber bullying when you see it, not just talk about it. Educate.

Sorry, I didn't realize I was harassing them so badly. I'll cease and desist immediately.

Reactions: RalphyDanger

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Again, it was not granted. The decision on that will come more around the end of July, start of August.

I'm glad someone else understands this!

I'll just clarify that there's currently no timeline for a hearing because the application was never served on Caryk. That has to happen before there can be a hearing.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
While I doubt anyone would claim it’s definitive proof... the fact that everything bar the denial points towards it being true so far... it paints a picture where it seems fairly safe to assume it will be substantiated
What is this "everything" you refer to? There are literally no details so really nothing points towards it being true, at all. Other wives coming forward and saying they aren't surprised about the situation does not mean Caryk is guilty of anything besides being disliked by other wives. Honestly, that leads me to believe that it's just a bunch of women who are making assumptions because they don't like her.

It wasn’t some public accusation for attention, it was a restraining order request. People have come out corroborating that the people involved were known to act in this manner, and no one has come to a similar defense of the accused. Etc, etc.
It's a restraining order that hasn't even been granted yet. You're literally making my point and basically saying "They filed a restraining order, it must be true". Just because they filed a restraining order doesn't mean they're right about who's been doing this. The people who have come out to support Karlsson's wife also have no provided any proof other than saying they aren't surprised. Nobody has provided emails, texts, or social media posts that are known to be from Hoffman's wife saying anything derogatory towards Karlsson or his wife. If they exist, that's damning information but right now there's nothing.

It’s a smoking gun with no signs of fowl play so far. It’s not unreasonable to retract the benefit of the doubt on Hoffman’s GF
It's really not a smoking gun. A smoking gun would have been if other wives came forward with private text messages where Caryk was making negative statements about Karlsson. At that point we could conclusively say that there was clearly an issue between the two and Caryk had no problem airing it out and talking bad about Karlsson.

Provide one shred of evidence that points to Caryk and I'll buy in. Other people saying they aren't surprised is not evidence. It's evidence that other wives don't like Caryk and that she's probably not a nice person and difficult to get along with but that doesn't mean she had anything to do with this.

Last edited:

Kegu

Aug 12, 2008
Why wouldn't Caryk go to hoffman after receiving the email from Winniks wife? Either she did and Mike said she was a players wife.. So she's throwing shade.. Or she never said anything to hoffman at all and she's trying to hide something.

If you're getting egregious accusations thrown at you then why not say something.

Reactions: MsMeow

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
What is this "everything" you refer to? There are literally no details so really nothing points towards it being true, at all. Other wives coming forward and saying they aren't surprised about the situation does not mean Caryk is guilty of anything besides being disliked by other wives. Honestly, that leads me to believe that it's just a bunch of women who are making assumptions because they don't like her.

It's a restraining order that hasn't even been granted yet. You're literally making my point and basically saying "They filed a restraining order, it must be true". Just because they filed a restraining order doesn't mean they're right about who's been doing this. The people who have come out to support Karlsson's wife also have no provided any proof other than saying they aren't surprised. Nobody has provided emails, texts, or social media posts that are known to be from Hoffman's wife saying anything derogatory towards Karlsson or his wife. If they exist, that's damning information but right now there's nothing.

It's really not a smoking gun. A smoking gun would have been if other wives came forward with private text messages where Caryk was making negative statements about Karlsson. At that point we could conclusively say that there was clearly an issue between the two and Caryk had no problem airing it out and talking bad about Karlsson.

Provide one shred of evidence that points to Caryk and I'll buy in. Other people saying they aren't surprised is not evidence. It's evidence that other wives don't like Caryk and that she's probably not a nice person and difficult to get along with but that doesn't mean she had anything to do with this.
Well that was about as blatantly as apologist as it can get.

Everything means everything.

And before you go on another crusade, I've explicitly said multiple times that everything has pointed to guilt bar the denial.

Everything.

I pointed some of them out, and you seemed to want to strawman my point by acting like I said it was proof

Fact of the matter is the only thing that even hints at innocence is the possibility of innocence, while guilt has much more working towards it. It’s not about how definitive the proof is at this point, it’s about how much points to what as is, and it’s sort of overwhelmingly lopsided

Can this change? Sure could. But in terms of the public court of opinion, it’s completely reasonable to not offer benefit of the doubt at the moment

Last edited:
Reactions: sabremike

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012

And before you go on another crusade, I've explicitly said multiple times that everything has pointed to guilt bar the denial.

Everything.

I pointed some of them out, and you seemed to want to strawman my point by acting like I said it was proof

Fact of the matter is the only thing that even hints at innocence is the possibility of innocence, while guilt has much more working towards it. It’s not about how definitive the proof is at this point, it’s about how much points to what as is, and it’s sort of overwhelmingly lopsided

Can this change? Sure could. But in terms of the public court of opinion, it’s completely reasonable to not offer benefit of the doubt at the moment

Except that this "everything" you're talking about is literally nothing other than an allegation made by someone who apparently spelled their own name wrong on an application and then never served it on the person they accused.

Seriously, please explain how the facts as they currently stand, lead you to a conclusion on the guilt of Monika Caryk.

Reactions: RoarBacon

MiscBrah

Mar 16, 2012
Why wouldn't Caryk go to hoffman after receiving the email from Winniks wife? Either she did and Mike said she was a players wife.. So she's throwing shade.. Or she never said anything to hoffman at all and she's trying to hide something.

If you're getting egregious accusations thrown at you then why not say something.

Edit: delete comment.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
People don't share things on instagram/twitter unless they are seeking attention. I have to ask why the Karlssons would put anything about the death of their son on publicly visible social media, to begin with. That's an extremely personal event that you really have no business sharing with the world. Obviously the comments that were made were absolutely terrible, but you wanted attention/sympathy, or you wouldn't have posted about it publicly. You have to know there are going to be the crazy responses.

Reactions: amethyst

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013

Everything.

You say "Everything has pointed to guilt", "Guilt has much more working towards it", "it’s completely reasonable to not offer benefit of the doubt", and "It’s not about how definitive the proof is at this point, it’s about how much points to what as is, and it’s sort of overwhelmingly lopsided". What is this proof that takes away any benefit of the doubt that she's innocent?

Here's what we know for sure.

Evidence that Caryk is innocent:
Caryk and Hoffman deny allegations and claim to be willing to work with authorities to find out who did this.

Evidence that Caryk is guilty:
Karlsson says she did it.
Karlsson's friends say they aren't surprised Caryk would do this.

That's it. What else do you know that points to Caryk being guilty aside from reading way too deep into something and making assumptions based on a preconceived opinion that Caryk is guilty?

Reactions: Jorkkila

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
People don't share things on instagram/twitter unless they are seeking attention. I have to ask why the Karlssons would put anything about the death of their son on publicly visible social media, to begin with. That's an extremely personal event that you really have no business sharing with the world. Obviously the comments that were made were absolutely terrible, but you wanted attention/sympathy, or you wouldn't have posted about it publicly. You have to know there are going to be the crazy responses.

It's the Kardashian effect. All these girls want fame and attention for doing nothing to build up there self esteem. Instagram is just a cesspool of fame whores begging for attention. Posting glamorous vacation pics, pics of expensive things they own or bikini pics.

Reactions: amethyst

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
It's the Kardashian effect. All these girls want fame and attention for doing nothing to build up there self esteem. Instagram is just a cesspool of fame ****es begging for attention. Posting glamorous vacation pics, pics of expensive things they own or bikini pics.

I don't think that's 100 percent true, at least it didnt start that way. I think that instagram is still a great way to stay in touch with a limited circle of friends and family , and facebook is as well but a little less private.

there have always been people who would do anything to garner attention, with social media its just so much easier. There are right now, young boys and girls who are worrying about the number of likes their posts get, that is the problem. But when social media influencers can make a living doing this stuff its hard to convince kids that in 2 weeks no one will care how many likes they got.

What social media has done, very well, is open up the same platform of exposure that was once relegated to professionals. the barbarians have crossed the gate From this we get things like Little Tay, and people everywhere should be crying a tear. instead they are liking these things ane enabling them.

I am convinced that the proble with social media is not the whores, its us.

but that's a story for another day.

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
You say "Everything has pointed to guilt", "Guilt has much more working towards it", "it’s completely reasonable to not offer benefit of the doubt", and "It’s not about how definitive the proof is at this point, it’s about how much points to what as is, and it’s sort of overwhelmingly lopsided". What is this proof that takes away any benefit of the doubt that she's innocent?

Here's what we know for sure.

Evidence that Caryk is innocent:
Caryk and Hoffman deny allegations and claim to be willing to work with authorities to find out who did this.

Evidence that Caryk is guilty:
Karlsson says she did it.
Karlsson's friends say they aren't surprised Caryk would do this.

That's it. What else do you know that points to Caryk being guilty aside from reading way too deep into something and making assumptions based on a preconceived opinion that Caryk is guilty?
So youre committed to the whole “ignore everything i talked about” schtick, eh?

Fact is every event that has happened, bar their denial, only suggests guilt

You simplifying things, ignoring things, or making assumptions to act like a completely different explanation is the reasonable one... will not change that

Last edited:

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
Except that this "everything" you're talking about is literally nothing other than an allegation made by someone who apparently spelled their own name wrong on an application and then never served it on the person they accused.

Seriously, please explain how the facts as they currently stand, lead you to a conclusion on the guilt of Monika Caryk.
Maybe understand my point before you start claiming it says something different

Then again, your underlining of “facts” sort of shows you have an agenda by trying to limit the conversation to something conceptually different as is

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
So youre committed to the whole “ignore everything i talked about” schtick, eh?

Fact is every event that has happened, bar their denial, only suggests guilt

You simplifying things, ignoring things, or making assumptions yo act like a completely differeht explanation us the reasonable one... will not change that
What are you even talking about? I haven't ignored anything, I've actually responded to everything you've said while you just respond with more crap about how "everything" points to Caryk's guilt without naming a damn thing. The post I replied to is below and I don't see anything other than he said she said crap about how other players wives are taking Karlsson's side. I'll ask for a 3rd time, what is "everything" you're referring to that points to Caryk being guilty? If there's so much evidence pointing towards guilt, this should be easy.

I get it, you have in your mind that Caryk is guilty so you think that any explanation you have is evidence pointing towards guilt and any explanation for her innocence is some far fetched story. I prefer to live in a word where we analyze facts, not where we come up with scenarios that fit our agenda. As I said before, if/when actual evidence is presented that points to Caryk I will be right on the bandwagon and my torch will be lit.

"While I doubt anyone would claim it’s definitive proof... the fact that everything bar the denial points towards it being true so far... it paints a picture where it seems fairly safe to assume it will be substantiated

It wasn’t some public accusation for attention, it was a restraining order request. People have come out corroborating that the people involved were known to act in this manner, and no one has come to a similar defense of the accused. Etc, etc.

It’s a smoking gun with no signs of fowl play so far. It’s not unreasonable to retract the benefit of the doubt on Hoffman’s GF"

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
I don't think that's 100 percent true, at least it didnt start that way. I think that instagram is still a great way to stay in touch with a limited circle of friends and family , and facebook is as well but a little less private.

there have always been people who would do anything to garner attention, with social media its just so much easier. There are right now, young boys and girls who are worrying about the number of likes their posts get, that is the problem. But when social media influencers can make a living doing this stuff its hard to convince kids that in 2 weeks no one will care how many likes they got.

What social media has done, very well, is open up the same platform of exposure that was once relegated to professionals. the barbarians have crossed the gate From this we get things like Little Tay, and people everywhere should be crying a tear. instead they are liking these things ane enabling them.

I am convinced that the proble with social media is not the ****es, its us.

but that's a story for another day.

I call Instagram, facebooks slutty cousin. I'll have the same friends on both platforms and on FB people will post their family/vacation photos or more conservative photos and on IG they will post the shirtless mirror selfies, bikini shots or just sexier photos.

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
I get it, you have in your mind that Caryk is guilty

Right, right. You’re projecting motives onto me now

Do you even understand the concept of an evolving opinion based on the current information?

My only point is that it’s completely reasonable to base your current opinion on that.

Not everyone who holds an opinion thinks it’s objective fact that cannot change with new information

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017

Because you don't "live" your life unless you document the entire thing on Snapchat and Instagram. You need to document everything so people you never/rarely talk to can click like on it and you get validation. When you go to a concert, why enjoy the music and dance? No no, you take your phone out and record the entire thing. That is how you live your life now a days.

Reactions: arun

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
Right, right. You’re projecting motives onto me now

Do you even understand the concept of an evolving opinion based on the current information?

My only point is that it’s completely reasonable to base your current opinion on that.

Not everyone who holds an opinion thinks it’s objective fact that cannot change with new information
Can you please try not to deflect my very direct questions in every single reply?

You said "Everything has pointed to guilt", "Guilt has much more working towards it", "it’s completely reasonable to not offer benefit of the doubt", and "It’s not about how definitive the proof is at this point, it’s about how much points to what as is, and it’s sort of overwhelmingly lopsided".

I'll ask you one more time since apparently you're having trouble understanding the question. Without making assumptions, what is "everything" you refer to that points to Caryk's guilt?

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Because you don't "live" your life unless you document the entire thing on Snapchat and Instagram. You need to document everything so people you never/rarely talk to can click like on it and you get validation. When you go to a concert, why enjoy the music and dance? No no, you take your phone out and record the entire thing. That is how you live your life now a days.

Maybe I'm showing my age here, but I just don't get it. I actually despise exactly what you are talking about. Part of me really has no sympathy for the Karlssons(not about the loss of the child, obviously, but about the comments made to them online). You don't want people to say nasty things to you online, don't post your life online. It's like the people that post the "how do I look in my bathing suit" posts, and then get mad when someone says they look fat. You are INVITING people to participate and comment on your life, when you post your life online. It's as simple as that.

MrHeiskanen

Nov 12, 2017
Maybe I'm showing my age here, but I just don't get it. I actually despise exactly what you are talking about. Part of me really has no sympathy for the Karlssons(not about the loss of the child, obviously, but about the comments made to them online). You don't want people to say nasty things to you online, don't post your life online. It's like the people that post the "how do I look in my bathing suit" posts, and then get mad when someone says they look fat. You are INVITING people to participate and comment on your life, when you post your life online. It's as simple as that.

It's the internet, you are going to hear nasty and bad shit. If you can't handle it don't post it or don't look at the comments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad