Mike Hoffman's Girlfriend allegedly behind harassment against the Karlssons

Status
Not open for further replies.

StoneHands

Feb 26, 2013
@StoneHands quit looking for a logical explanation, all your going to get is a rambling 500 word dissertation that amounts to "my spidey senses are tingling"
It's beyond frustrating. I have no problem with someone saying they think Caryk did it. Honestly, I think she probably did it but I refuse to roast her until I have something to back up my gut feeling. Posting things about how there is overwhelmingly lopsided evidence pointing to her guilt is just a flat out, 100% lie.

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
Can you please try not to deflect my very direct questions in every single reply?

You said "Everything has pointed to guilt", "Guilt has much more working towards it", "it’s completely reasonable to not offer benefit of the doubt", and "It’s not about how definitive the proof is at this point, it’s about how much points to what as is, and it’s sort of overwhelmingly lopsided".

I'll ask you one more time since apparently you're having trouble understanding the question. Without making assumptions, what is "everything" you refer to that points to Caryk's guilt?
Not deflecting anything

You’re quite literally trying to pretend my opinion is something other than what I said.

All so you can demand something I already gave

Echo Roku

Jan 14, 2018
It's beyond frustrating. I have no problem with someone saying they think Caryk did it. Honestly, I think she probably did it but I refuse to roast her until I have something to back up my gut feeling. Posting things about how there is overwhelmingly lopsided evidence pointing to her guilt is just a flat out, 100% lie.

I wonder how long until you realize my point is that you’re treating the former like the latter

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
It's the Kardashian effect. All these girls want fame and attention for doing nothing to build up there self esteem. Instagram is just a cesspool of fame ****es begging for attention. Posting glamorous vacation pics, pics of expensive things they own or bikini pics.

That behavior is far beyond the "Kardashians" and people use them as a scapegoat a lot because they've been successful at it. Go look on your TV guide and see how many "people" have their own show.

Duck Dynasty had one, the OC Chopper whatevers, American Idol fools, Big Brother and their countless seasons that pre-date Kardashians, that weird fake outdoors whatever show where people get eliminated, that "fame" whoring you are talking about, its never not been a thing. People are just mad because they want to be mad at something and whine about it.

What Caryk did (allegedly) has very little to do with fame, it was personal and malicious if found out that she was behind it. She attacked 1 person, those "fame mongers" usually go after a bunch of people to slander them, she chose 1. That's stalking/harassment.

JAS 39 Gripen

Jun 26, 2011
Stockholm
Well I mean they were so eager to share the name of a teammate and his gf to the media, you’d think they’d back it up too. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof.

All I’m saying is that I’m just waiting for concrete evidence.
[mod] They didnt "share" anything with the media. How many times does some one have to say that so you'll understand?

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: sabremike

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
That behavior is far beyond the "Kardashians" and people use them as a scapegoat a lot because they've been successful at it. Go look on your TV guide and see how many "people" have their own show.

Duck Dynasty had one, the OC Chopper whatevers, American Idol fools, Big Brother and their countless seasons that pre-date Kardashians, that weird fake outdoors whatever show where people get eliminated, that "fame" ****ing you are talking about, its never not been a thing. People are just mad because they want to be mad at something and whine about it.

What Caryk did (allegedly) has very little to do with fame, it was personal and malicious if found out that she was behind it. She attacked 1 person, those "fame mongers" usually go after a bunch of people to slander them, she chose 1. That's stalking/harassment.
Maybe the plan is to get on Dr. Drew's Rehab and boost her career like Mary Carey or Gary Busey.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Sparksrus3

Jun 2, 2012

I wonder how long until you realize my point is that you’re treating the former like the latter

StoneHands and Echo are acting exactly like what we think is going on with Hoffs girlfriend and Karlssons wife

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton

Duck Dynasty had one, the OC Chopper whatevers, American Idol fools, Big Brother and their countless seasons that pre-date Kardashians, that weird fake outdoors whatever show where people get eliminated, that "fame" ****ing you are talking about, its never not been a thing. People are just mad because they want to be mad at something and whine about it.

Simmer down Kim. I was using the term Kardashian effect as an example....

Reactions: Vlad The Impaler

dk2k

recovering cynic
Jul 5, 2017
People don't share things on instagram/twitter unless they are seeking attention. I have to ask why the Karlssons would put anything about the death of their son on publicly visible social media, to begin with. That's an extremely personal event that you really have no business sharing with the world. Obviously the comments that were made were absolutely terrible, but you wanted attention/sympathy, or you wouldn't have posted about it publicly. You have to know there are going to be the crazy responses.
She was totally asking for it.

Karl Eriksson

Boring!
Apr 12, 2007
Ottawa
Dorion should tell Hoffman to dump the psycho or he moves him to his least favorite market for futures.

Edit: granted his least favorite market might be ottawa since he and Yoko are mortally jealous of the Karkssons

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
Maybe I'm showing my age here, but I just don't get it. I actually despise exactly what you are talking about. Part of me really has no sympathy for the Karlssons(not about the loss of the child, obviously, but about the comments made to them online). You don't want people to say nasty things to you online, don't post your life online. It's like the people that post the "how do I look in my bathing suit" posts, and then get mad when someone says they look fat. You are INVITING people to participate and comment on your life, when you post your life online. It's as simple as that.
Or maybe, you know, lowlife scum assholes could act like civilized human beings and not be nasty despicable individuals posting comments that go far beyond the scope or rational discussion and veer into the realm of slander and harassment. Which is a crime, by the way.

This isn't as cut and dry as you make it seem. I'm sure the parents of children who have committed suicide due to online bullying and harassment would be thrilled to hear your antiquated take.

Pez68

Mar 18, 2010
Chicago, IL
Or maybe, you know, lowlife scum *******s could act like civilized human beings and not be nasty despicable individuals posting comments that go far beyond the scope or rational discussion and veer into the realm of slander and harassment. Which is a crime, by the way.

This isn't as cut and dry as you make it seem. I'm sure the parents of children who have committed suicide due to online bullying and harassment would be thrilled to hear your antiquated take.

Except a whole bunch of people in the world AREN'T civilized, and ARE nasty, despicable individuals. You add the anonymity of the internet to this, and that's magnified, and brings out the worst even in people that are quite normal. Hell, some people might not even be despicable human beings. They just get a kick out of trolling people...

The Karlssons are adults. This should be common knowledge to them.

Antiquated take? It's called logic. Using social media is a choice. Your social media being PUBLIC TO EVERYONE, is another choice. Nobody needs to have social media, let alone public social media. There's a very simple solution to these things. Make your social media private. Share things with people who you ...actually know(BUT HOW WILL I GET THOUSANDS OF LIKES THIS WAY?!?!). People who you actually, you know, interact with...in real life. Or, if you choose not to do that, you must accept that people are cruel, nasty, despicable, lowlife scum, that WILL say things to you just because they can. And you better have the mindset to be able to deal with it.

My children are not allowed to have public social media profiles until they are adults. Period. There is absolutely no reason to share your life with complete strangers, most of whom don't give a flying f*** about you, and WILL say nasty things, just because they can. Educating and protecting your kids from social media is just as important as educating and protecting them from every other danger in life. We teach kids "don't talk to strangers" but then we let kids talk to strangers on the internet???? Where's the logic?

ryerockarola

Nov 20, 2011
This thread is cancer.
Society's been going down the crapper for quite a while now. This is just a bigger swirl down the toilet, and they'll likely continue getting bigger and bigger and worse and worse. What a world compared to even 20 years ago.

Reactions: amethyst

ryerockarola

Nov 20, 2011
Should this be a topic that we should talk about at all? It's a complete private matter that was leaked and if this was you, would you want millions of people knowing about your business. This is the part of culture that is not and should not be acceptable. Let them handle this themselves and we should just stick to talking hockey. Yes, I am aware that this affects the team, but talk about the movements of players themselves (ie, being traded, not traded and for whom and for how much) and not their private lives.

93 pages of nosey-ass people. Leave them alone and if you want to help, make sure you fight back against cyber bullying when you see it, not just talk about it. Educate.
Yet here you are nosey-ass'ing around in here and posting something. PM a mod or report the offensive posts and get them deleted if you feel that strongly about it. Some outright false posts have been deleted.

If they deleted all the speculation posts, I think the thread would be pretty much empty minus the original story.

Habby Gilmore

Dec 2, 2013
Halifax
Except a whole bunch of people in the world AREN'T civilized, and ARE nasty, despicable individuals. You add the anonymity of the internet to this, and that's magnified, and brings out the worst even in people that are quite normal. Hell, some people might not even be despicable human beings. They just get a kick out of trolling people...

The Karlssons are adults. This should be common knowledge to them.

Antiquated take? It's called logic. Using social media is a choice. Your social media being PUBLIC TO EVERYONE, is another choice. Nobody needs to have social media, let alone public social media. There's a very simple solution to these things. Make your social media private. Share things with people who you ...actually know(BUT HOW WILL I GET THOUSANDS OF LIKES THIS WAY?!?!). People who you actually, you know, interact with...in real life. Or, if you choose not to do that, you must accept that people are cruel, nasty, despicable, lowlife scum, that WILL say things to you just because they can. And you better have the mindset to be able to deal with it.

My children are not allowed to have public social media profiles until they are adults. Period. There is absolutely no reason to share your life with complete strangers, most of whom don't give a flying **** about you, and WILL say nasty things, just because they can. Educating and protecting your kids from social media is just as important as educating and protecting them from every other danger in life. We teach kids "don't talk to strangers" but then we let kids talk to strangers on the internet???? Where's the logic?

Great Post!

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
Dorion should tell Hoffman to dump the psycho or he moves him to his least favorite market for futures.

Edit: granted his least favorite market might be ottawa since he and Yoko are mortally jealous of the Karkssons

There's no possible market that can threaten him. Entice him, though, different story.
"Mike, dump your pyscho girlfriend and I'll trade you to ______"
Could be carrot he needs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad